Yousuf's ban is final - PCB

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Rizzy, Apr 17, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Rizzy

Rizzy Talented

Mar 1, 2010
    The PCB has said the indefinite ban imposed on Mohammad Yousuf will not be reviewed, as the former captain, who announced his retirement from international cricket, has not appealed against the penalty.

"The last date to appeal against the penalties was April 16 and since Yousuf did not challenge the punishment, the ban has attained finality," PCB's legal adviser Taffazul Rizvi told AFP.

Yousuf was among seven Pakistan players penalised, for various reasons, in the aftermath of a winless tour of Australia. Yousuf and Younis Khan were banned indefinitely, Shoaib Malik and Naved-ul-Hasan were banned for a year while Shahid Afridi and the Akmal brothers were fined and placed on probation for six months. Yousuf and Younis were accused of infighting and having a negative influence on the team. Yousuf is the only one among the punished players to not have appealed.

Following the ban, Yousuf quit international cricket but said the decision was for the "time now", leaving the door ajar for a possible return open.

http://www.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/456416.html

2. Cricket_King

Cricket_King Guest

Well if the ban isn't overturned we might be in trouble during the test matches in england. Moyo and YK are the only experience test batsman we have.

3. Kashif

Kashif Pehlwaan

Dec 27, 2009
    They want him to beg his position back.

4. Nadeem

Nadeem Emerging Player

Dec 22, 2009
    It's time we actually moved on and found a younger/fitter replacement for him (any suggestions?).

The controversies of late will sadly overshadow a career of many achievements.

5. Cricket_King

Cricket_King Guest

Asad Shafiq has been doing well in the Domestic matches, He might be a decent replacement

6. The Great Khan

The Great Khan Youngsta Beauty

Jan 26, 2010
    Good on Moyo..I think he's had enough of all of this "kanjar punna" (excuse my french)..why come back when your jsut gonna be treated like garbage again? lets let him leave and get on with his life..I think he just wants to be left alone now!

7. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    What i don't really get is this appeal thing. I mean whats the point in appealing to the body who banned you in the first place. Its like Meer Taqi Meer said centuries ago.

A whole committee was setup to investigate the cause of the loss, it took them eternity to find out that we sucked as a team and we played like kids. Isn't that the job of the manager/coach to find out. What was the point of the investigation committee in the first place. Chalo, since we are so obsessed with committees, we setup one. They gave their recommendations, and the board acted on those recommendations. Now what is the point of appealing. Shouldn't your decision be final. You give warning to those who needs to be warned and you kick out those whom you think can't be sorted out with a warning. Shouldn't this be settled during the course of the committee proceedings. Ridiculousness of the highest order, this is PCB for you.