Your experiences with other Cricket Websites (especially for Lurkers or Guests)

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Mercenary, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
    anyone has idea how old is Voldi actually?

2. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Smooth Operator

Jun 12, 2011
    He's borderline immortal as he's had his life force transferred into a horcrux.

3. Cani

Cani Emerging Player

Oct 14, 2012
    ..so that's the plan, isn't it? :paranoid :p

4. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Around 35.

5. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Well you're here aren't you? Seems to be working, only another 1000 or so to go ;)

6. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    Probably nearer 40 I'd reckon, maybe even over

7. Cover Drive

Cover Drive Talented

Apr 13, 2012
    I'm sure Saj bhai's family doesn't worry about him as much as you guys do, I mean discussing his age and what not?

Shows how much importance you guys give to him, PakPassion etc yet talk mostly against them lol

8. Bouncer

Bouncer Talented

Jan 14, 2010
    i agree 100 percent....too many people act like voldi towards shahrukh619

9. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Keep your friends close, enemies ....

:p

10. nazimcricket

nazimcricket Youngsta Beauty

Jan 19, 2010
    I stumbled upon this thread a few days ago. I'm currently on page 33 and cannot resist pausing to say well done to Merc and Feather for their work on Pakpassion and now Cricistan. My hats off to you guys for your hard work and determination which has seen Cricistan stand on it's own two feet. I'm really impressed how quickly you guys have managed to acquire media accreditation and produce a quality product at a time when the lion's share of posters were on PP.

I remember when I first heard about Cricistan I actually felt very sorry for Merc. Like most other people, I had no idea why he had left PP and truth be told I didn't think this site would last, without quality posters such as MIG, Oxy and Hash to name just a few. So congrats guys on a job well done! I wish I could contribute more to your site, but I'm boring as a wet week.

Well, back to page 33 and beyond. I wonder how it ends :)

11. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    its the Pakistani mentality.. If that person holds a different opinion then you, then attack him.

12. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    haven't you seen his pic? its available on net

13. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
    When did he made them?i mean you know how horcruxes are made.normally after u eliminate an important enemy

Well i wanted to know that because people on PP claim that he has watched so much cricket knows so much about it etc etc.Also some of his actions sounds like of a very young guy.

14. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
  15. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    This is how I feel every time I get an alert that there's a new message in this thread...

Die-Thread-Die.jpg

16. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011

Just unsubscribe.

17. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    I think this post was in response to Cover Drive defence of PP.

Still waiting for Cover Drive reply.

18. Bouncer

Bouncer Talented

Jan 14, 2010
    Mercenary was this the interview where the genius Bari told you that Azhar Ali was not international cricket material?

19. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    nazimcricket thank you for the kind words but honestly I would stop reading at this point or read another 10 pages and put this thread away. Continued reading is going to make you run into walls...sleep walk and have endless bad dreams in a closed loop.

It is going to be ugly!

20. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Recently a matter was brought to my attention involving amirfanforlife and Cover Drive where AFFL made a series of accusations against CD. There was a lot of back and forth over this so Feather decided to appoint me as the arbitrator and both CD and AFFL agreed to abide by my findings.

I was not at pakpassion when this incident happened and all I have to go on is what AFFL and CD have told me. AFFL said she had evidence and so that was taken into account.

We will be looking at 3 issues here...

1) Did CD let AFFL know her personal information will be shared?
    2) Did CD discuss AFFL's personal life in the PP Mods forum?
    3) Did CD share private information from AFFL's PMs with PP staff members.

...I will go through each point and post my findings which have been pre-approved with both CD and AFFL.

Because both parties have agreed to this conclusion there will be no further discussion of this situation allowed here on Cricistan. This is mainly for AFFL's benefit as she has made it clear that she is fed up of being used by other posters to further their own agendas and that she doesn't want people discussing her personal issues in public anymore.

1) Did CD let AFFL know her personal information will be shared?

Every forum has an area where 'trouble users' are discussed and often the content of those threads isn't very flattering. AFFL has admitted in the experiences thread that she did do some trolling on PP when she was too young to know better, so it's no surprise that she had a thread in the mods forum about her.

CD admits that he didn't inform AFFL that any information she told him in a PM could be shared in her users thread (if it was forum activity related). CD admits that he should have told her this and so he has submitted an apology to her for this...

2) Did CD discuss AFFL's personal life in the PP Mods forum?

AFFL said that CD had made some comments about her personal life in the PP mods forum. To support this she provided us with a screenshot which has been seen by feather and myself but she doesn't want it to be shared on the forums. However the content from that one screenshot is included below (I have substituted out the name of the other PP mod and of the person that AFFL is alleged to like)...

...the above exchange is from AFFL's user thread on PP. It does show CD 'gossiping' about her private life but since AFFL has denied telling CD who she 'liked' this information can only have come from speculation based on the exchanges in the public forums.

At first AFFL refused to accept that her public exchanges with Poster X could have led to speculation that they 'liked' each other. But I did a bit of research and showed her some posts which did appear to indicate that both of them had a friendship off the forum. She denied that this was true but has accepted that her exchanges with Poster X may have given other forummers the wrong impression.

Now we come to the matter of whether or not PP mods speculating and gossiping about forummers is right or wrong. I would say that it is neither, everyone gossips about everyone else and AFFL accepts that she made her private life public by posting in the dilemma thread. She was young and didn't realise that doing this would lead to people talking and speculating about her private life.

So whilst CD doesnt need to apologise about the speculation, he does need to apologise about denying that he did gossip about her. So here's CD's apology for that...

3) Did CD share private information from AFFL's PMs with PP staff members.

AFFL accused CD of sharing private information from her PM's with other PP mods but the only proof she provided was the screenshot discussed in point 2 above. AFFL now accepts that the content of that screenshot is not proof that CD shared any personal information from her PM's with other PP mods.

So as a result AFFL would like to issue the following apology to CD...

Conclusion

As far as all 4 of us (Mercenary, Feather, AmirFanForLife and Cover Drive) are concerned the above statement puts an end to what occurred at PakPassion. Both parties have put forward their evidence and defence and both parties have accepted the other sides apologies.

However there is one other matter that I discussed with Cover Drive and that was over what he said here at Cricistan. He used some language to talk about AFFL that i personally found unacceptable such as referring to her reputation, her lover and her affair. So CD is also issuing an apology for using that sort of language...

This matter is now closed and no more discussion will be allowed about it here on Cricistan. amirfanforlife does not want people to continue talking about this. She wants to put it behind her and get on with her life and we respect her decision. Hopefully all you other forummers will do the same.

Any further posts or attempts at TROLLING made in this thread about this situation will be deleted without explanation.

21. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Finally thats the end of that.

Back to the thread, are there any redditors here??

22. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
  23. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    What's reddit?

24. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Its like one (if not the biggest) the biggest social news and media sites. I mean its huuuge.

25. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I remember now. I've heard of it.

It was in the news over some freedom of speech issue. Is it good for cricket?

26. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Ive never been on the cricket section but its a jack of all trades and it covers nearly everything. They do some unique stuff like 'ima' where someone unique of famous comes online and you get to ask them question. Even Obama did it a few months ago albeit he skirted every important issue out there. Thats why i suggested that although im not big on cricket interviews like feather it'd be cool for you guys to do an 'ima' style interactive QA session where by members can ask cricketers questions about general stuff.

27. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    I'm on Reddit, mostly a lurker, just made an account to upvote /downvote links.

28. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    Everyone has an opinion and everyone is entitled to their opinions. CD voiced his opinion and I believe Merc voiced his. Not everything needs to turn into a conflict. You can side with whomever you want.

I know Mercenary made it clear that we won't put with anymore posts on a certain topic which is now closed as far as we are concerned. Beside those people involved you were very judgmental. I don't want to go back and forth with you on what you should do at this point but please learn from this. Every story has two sides and then the grey area.

Cover Drive has requested he be relieved of his moderation duties due to the muffler episode along with some recent issues involving him. I just wanted to put that out there. Far as I am concerned he is a young man who has made mistakes which he regrets and has owned up to them but there is no denying lot of damage has been done.

The CS team will discuss what should happen and how we at CS can learn from these things and avoid them. That was originally the sole purpose of this thread. To learn from others experiences and there are couple of very important lessons to be learned here.

Let's all move on now to bigger and better things in OTHER forums!! :-d

29. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011

Well if you have to move on from every second discussion then whats the point of forums? Forums are for difference of opinions.

I just wanted to know what he will say now about PP interviews and other stuff.

30. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    Well one issue deals with someone's personal issues. Based on a request and mutual understanding we are simply enforcing the agreement involved parties have struck.

As for the 2nd topic. Go on discuss it. Share your opinion on the matter and your take on the said matter. I was simply stating everyone has a opinion...the forums provide a platform to share those opinions. Not everyone has the same opinions hence sometimes that is all you get. There is no back and forth required to conclude who is right or wrong.

Obviously I happen to agree with Mercenary for the most part but then Cover Drive doesn't have access to much information as Merc or myself or some of the other team members.

31. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011

I wasnt talking about the personal issue..

Just wanted to know CD response as he was quite confidently defending PP, its interviews and Saj bhai... But he has been quiet since Merc reply.. Which means that he was wrong in first place.

32. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    comeone PP didnt we discuss gossiping in another thread? This is just gratuitous gossip you looking for.......ps ever been to TMZ?

33. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011

No i dont use other forums/websites now

Just use twitter sometime for trolling lol

34. Cover Drive

Cover Drive Talented

Apr 13, 2012
    You assume too much, don't you?

I haven't read his response yet as I haven't had much of time over past few days. I'll read it and reply whenever I wish to.

35. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
    I had very good experience good at PP which was ruined by some mods before my ban.

PCZ was awesome...Had good time there.

36. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009

The latest happenings in this thread...

Muffler wasnt KU...

voldi.gif

...fair enough Voldi but Muffler was still a PP mod when he made the muffler account...

tumblr_lu3sl950AZ1qllsxh.gif

37. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011

I assume things but on some basis..and looking at your recent history, this assumption is not wrong.

While you had all time to defend Saj, all of a sudden you got busy when the facts were presented to you.

Anyways take your time....

38. AZK

AZK Emerging Player

Mar 3, 2010
    what was your nick on PCZ?

39. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
    I don't remember it since it was like5-6 years back but it was something to do with one of our bowler from that time.

40. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Was you also with us at PCZ? Try remember your username yaar?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.