1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Younis Khan appointed Pakistan batting coach for England tour

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by ShokoTolo_LoloMoto, Jun 9, 2020.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
  2. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    With all the economic melt down going on where millions have lost jobs and many have taken slashes in their salaries due to decreased business revenues, should PCB also slash salary cuts in the executive positions?

In our own company, our CEO started this by taking a 25% cut in his own all his executive team members.
    The effect trickle downs to the company's hierarchy but it adjusts as per the pay grade.

The lower your pay grade is, the less is your cut.

So the clerical staff gets about 10% of their salaries reduced.

Should PCB do the same with Misbah, Waqar Younus Wasim Khan all others' salaries?

I mean Misbah is the freaking coach to do what? When there is no active cricket and we also need to pay Younus now?

3. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    I really do respect YK and genuinely believe he is a Pakistani great, but man the guy can be toxic at times, I suppose a lot of the players are youngsters and will look up to him so he will never suffer 'the lack of respect' he generally has complained about, so might not be an issue.

Mushtaq is a good addition, he has worked closely with a lot of the English players and can definitely impart some good knowledge to the players about them.

4. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    not taking away anything from his services for Pakistan and all the runs he scored and records he made or broke etc but in my personal opinion, YK has some mental issues.

He is not a mentally stable person.
    He is EXTREMELY emotional, gets offended VERY EASILY and unable to articulate an effective communication. He does not understand the concept of a wise diplomacy.

He can’t stay calm and always ready for a knee jerk type rebellious response.

May be with the help of Wasim Khan on his side, he may complete the England tour but I will he pleasantly surprised to see if lasts longer than a year with PCB.

5. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Basically agree with what you have said about YK's services as a cricketer and his past emotional issues with PCB. This seems like he has now finally convinced himself to make a compromise and agreed to take a role under Misbah for the national team. But somewhere somethings must have changed his vision now from demanding complete supremacy and authority for U19 team to becoming just a batting coach for the national team.

I am even not sure if he did complete his coaching courses with PCB eventually where he walked out for getting mistreated and not given enough respect.

6. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Delighted to have Younus as batting Coach and Misbah with other two jobs Head Coach and Chief Selector...

7. HashiBaba

HashiBaba Talented

Dec 24, 2009
    Hopefully Wasim Khan will not forget to call him and ask him how his breakfast was otherwise he will throw a tantrum and resign before long.

It is an interesting move though - i believe Younus was taking some coaching qualifications - possibly Level 1 or Level 2? Not sure, he might even be Level 3 by now.

8. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
  9. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Very good step by PCB.

10. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Inducting Younus as batting Coach is a master stroke in my opinion./ Misbah captaincy mein acha tha isi tarah as CS and Head Coach he is better than as batting coach,. Batting Coach ke liye Younus is ideal. Although Misbah aint a good batsman but 3 jobs are too much for 1 person. His captaincy part coaching part and as a chief selector he is very good. He is a bit lacking as a batting coach although he is technically correct but for scoring runs according to need of the game, you have to be a bit smart like Younus!! You have to play those shots which you wont play in a test match!!

11. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    So his salary should be reduced by 1/3rd because he is not doing the third role now?

Also, what's the proven record of making different on international level Younis Khan has, AS A COACH, that landed him into this high profile role?

Did he make any significant improvement in an international team as a batting coach?

12. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Misbah is a good batsman a very decent one surely there was a typos. Younus Khan taught the batting to entire team. These Azhars and Asads have learned batting by batting with Younus and Misbah... Younus taught batting to entire team.. Younus is like Sachin Tendulkar of Pakistani batting...

13. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Misbah is known more for his management skill, captaincy, coaching, tactical decision making....