1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Why is Afridi hating on Razzaq

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Big Daddy, May 8, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Emerging Player

Dec 21, 2009
    Is it that afridi feels razzaq is a natural successor if Afridi is bounced from Captaincy and so should be curtailed to be effective in the present or is razzaq genuinely injured and hence not available to bowl?

2. Bart

Bart Administrator

Dec 18, 2009
    Just crap at bowling, ample evidence was present against England and Bangladesh.

3. BALOCH_786

BALOCH_786 Talented

May 5, 2010
    razzaq is medium pacer. in this pitch his bowling will dec by another 5-10 kph. this will be eazy for batsman to hit for 6. bcz razzaq doesnt swing or anything. no pace no swing

4. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Surely bowling is not his strength on this wicket but whats the point of sending him at number 7 or 8?

5. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    When he seems to be the only one with good hitting form in our middle order?

6. Bouncer

Bouncer Talented

Jan 14, 2010
    Is this game, why did he not send Sami ( who captained karachi when afridi openly wanted it), who is a better batsman (perhaps bats batter than he bowls at times) and has a sensible head on his shoulders.

7. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Razzaq should've been opening or batting at number 3, everyone but Afridi could see that. He's no longer the slog from ball 1 dynamo that he used to be

8. Observer

Observer Emerging Player

Feb 27, 2010
    I agree. I think Razzaq has matured and maybe lacks the same firepower as earlier. On contrary Afridi refuses to change his game on a consistent level. Though Afridi did show what he can do at the last world cup.

9. Nadeem

Nadeem Emerging Player

Dec 22, 2009
    I don’t think it’s a case of hate between the two but the lack of confidence which Afridi has in Razzaq’s bowling. I certainly agree with Razzaq batting up the order but in all honesty I’d rather give Hammad a chance in the final game.

10. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Emerging Player

Dec 21, 2009
    Razzaq was a flaming batting success in the ICL and he would either open or go first drop, though ICL is no replacement for baking soda as a core ingredient for chicken tikka pizza. That being said we cannot totally discount what his batting prowess is. In my perception razzaq is seriously being underdone by afridi and his captaincy. at no point do we see a team meeting for a change in plans or to get another perspective. at the end of the day the ability of the pathan to turn kocha is also golden in history. given at the end of the day we have a super kocha incharge who in his mind finds a necessity to bowl 4 overs with the likes of amir and ajmal not fulfilling their quota. now either counting 4 overs for premier inform bowlers is really a hard feet or the onus on one owns abilities, even when underpar, takes not only the cake but the batter and the oven.