1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Whoever has ran away from cricket,Naseem, Shaheen, Hasnain & others in line will replace you- Rashid

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Dec 23, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 21, 2016
    “I want to thank two greats of Pakistan Cricket, Mohammad Amir and Wahab Riaz, who left Test cricket,” said Latif. “Now these youngsters [Naseem Shan and Shaheen Afridi] will put you under pressure with their performances in other formats as well.”

“Whoever has ran away from cricket, cricket will never go to him. Naseem , Shaheen, Hasnain and others in line will replace you in white ball as well,” he added.

The 51-year-old also appreciated the Pakistan opener Abid Ali for rejuvenating Pakistan’s batting order in the Test series against Sri Lanka.

“Abid Ali with his centuries in both Rawalpindi and Karachi Test has changed the mindset of the team,” he said. “Those players that were on survival mode also got hope after Abid provided them with support.”

“Abid has revived Pakistan cricket by teaching other batsmen on what brand of cricket to play. He was rejected for 10 years and now he has overtaken and replaced those that were preferred over him for all those years,” he added.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/news/detail/latif-issues-warning-to-amir-wahab

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Del

Del Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 21, 2016
    You beat me to it Rashid, I swear I was about to start a similar thread.

Why on earth we need these two losers, who cant server us in longer run? Whats stopping me to replace them young & energetic kids like Shaheen, Naseem, Hasnain and even Rauf?

Amir and Wahab should be shown the door ASAP, specially latter.

3. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Both Amir & Wahab's contract shall be cancelled.

4. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Wahab was old now.. can understand why he left.

Amir is the real sell out. Going for money over country. He had so much investment. I see him losing his place in ODIs and T20s too. He has had some great days and helped win 2 finals but he's also damaged the cricket a lot

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    anyone with two brain cells would have seen it coming from amir. no surprises, and pakistan has suffered for inducting him back as quickly as they did.

this series has once again gone to show how maintaining underperformers in a side keeps out better talent.

not that he will, but if misbah had any sense he would get rid of the others too. for the test side that would be:

azhar, asad, shan, imam, yassir - all have to go, they have been given loads of chances and are not good enough. give someone who has earned their chance an extended go instead - salahuddin, saad, alam, maybe even fakhar. if they get the 20 innings or so they have earned, and failed, then kick them out too. but we see time and time again that domestic stats ARE the best measure we have for picking RELATIVE talent - certainly for the batsmen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Mo Iqbal

Mo Iqbal Youngsta Beauty

Dec 27, 2013
    Pakistan need to give chances to players who want to play across all 3 formats.

The likes of Amir & Wahab can play T20 leagues all over the world but must now be shown the door by the PCB as we have the likes of Shaheen, Naseem, Husnain, Rauf, Musa & Co just to mention a few.

Amir only bowls at 70 per cent unless its a final like the CT. We need bowlers who run in and give it 100 per cent when ever the green shirt is put on.

7. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    Wahab was never meant to be a pace bowler.
    He has physical disabilities.

He was the wrong investment to begin with. Should’ve NEVER gotten Pakistan cap.

Finally, he is out and I am thankful.

Amir backstabbed us, but then again, it gives a new light to our admins at PCB if they have an iota of intelligence to perceive it.

When a player exists, usually a replacement comes up - YOU SIMPLY HAVE TO BE BRAVE ENOUGH TO GET OVER WITH THE SHOCK.

And if our COWARD PCB people knew this before, they would’ve never let Misbah play up til he was 45 years old.
    We were scared that all hell was gonna turn loose if Misbah retired. So we dragged him and dragged him.

Same is the situation with Azhar Ali now. His time is up. Let him go. A replacement will surface.

And to cap the Amir’s fate, I hope he gets kicked out from LOI, after which, I think he will play in some Tamasha leagues for the next couple of years before he is forgotten.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  8. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Wahab had a decentish career. Was quite a limited playet but bowled with a lot of heart. He is too old for test match cricket and probably would not have been selected so his retirement makes sense.

In my opinion Amir has literally thrown a cup of hot piss (sorry for the language) in the eyes of the spectators and the board who have supported him.

9. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Wahab is old and towards the end of his career anyway. Shouldn't have any shots directed his way l.

Amir on the other hand (especially after the way he was accommodated back)...

Well said Rashid Latif

10. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    We should be thanking Amir right now for stepping aside instead of this childish attitude of blaming him.

Amir actually did for us what the selectors needed to do on the first hand. He had lost speed and the ability to swing/seam at will and really wasn't doing the team any favors by staying in the team. Had he not self retired, it would have been unlikely that someone like Naseem would have been even given a chance to play ahead of all the other "known" quantities just like the WC where Hasnain was there just to warm the bench.

This whole situation really sums up the Pakistani mentality of sticking forever with the known mediocre players instead of trying out new players. And once someone new breaks through, we all wonder why we kept playing a rubbish Hafeez or Malik or Wahab or another non-performing mediocre player instead of giving a talent like Abid, Fawad, Usman, Rauf or another person waiting in the wings a chance.

11. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    These are some really good and intelligent thoughts and I mostly agree; however, the case of Amir was somewhat different.

The reason why it feels that he backstabbed is obviously because PCB bent its back and invested quite a bit in him after his ban. The major part of nation supported him and welcomed his return.

So instead of fixing his lost art,’and working towards getting his swing n speed back, he decided to exit from Tests.

He was going down in LOIs but I think he still had a few years left to play Test.
    Many players who want to give back to the country, take retirement from LOI’s and play Test only for a couple of years before retiring.

Amir took a very immature and selfish route - and hence the disappointment in fans.

But anyway, it’s water under the bridge now - time to move on.
    I hope PCB learned its lesson, and releases him from the central contract.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  12. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    Fair point and i understand the frustration here but he has never been the same bowler he was before being out for 5 years and that is true for all formats. I believe he and the coaches have had enough time since his return to work on his bowing and while this was a non-ideal break, it is better than dragging him along for longer at the expense of others who should be developed. I honestly don't trust the cricketing acumen of the selectors and coaches to have driven this change, the same people who dropped Naseem for Musa after one game, something that even baffled the Australian commentators.

13. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    That’s a different story altogether.
    If Misbah had an iota of honesty towards Pakistan cricket, he wouldn’t have applied for either roles as he knows deep in his heart that he didn’t qualify for either one of them,
    He should’ve helped PCB in finding a qualified professional for these roles but for $240,000, a year, it wasn’t hard to sell his soul.

After the first innings of second test , he defended his position for the poor batting performance by saying, “I can’t change anything in 10 days” (so it will take years to fix the batting under my coaching) - and now that we won the test, he thinks it’s all his coaching and his selection.

Same goes with Waqar, he should’ve not been allowed to apply to begin with citing his previous record.

14. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Kick Babar Azam out as well?? Eh??

What happened..... I guess Babar azam cracked an egg on your face.

15. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    Well said by Rashid, and must say we are actually lucky these two retired. No way Naseem would have been picked if they were still around.

16. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    you are far too thick to understand anything beyond Ricky Ahmed videos and his duck egg farm that have been running down your face for so long the only positive difference they might have made is perhaps a duck foetus braincell may have made it into your empty skull.

babar is now averaging 42 in tests/fc. I was totally consistent that guys like fawad, salahuddin etc should have been given the nod ahead of him, because they were averaging 50+ FC, vs babars 36, but that if babar could improve, he should be brought in. babar is up to 42, but we have no idea what guys who have massively outperformed him on the same pitches, in the same tournaments, against the same attacks might have done in his place. thats still consistent, and logical. which is why you don't understand it and never will. so do feel free to ignore and stare at your Ahmed Ponting poster above your bed, and think about your own awesome picks full of intelligence and insight.

42 is still not setting the world alight, but theres others that need to go ahead of him. if we have enough guys averaging significantly above him, then he should make way for them.

so no, no eggs here, but you are clearly still as dense as you always were.

17. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    When..???

When did you say if Babar improves keep with him. Liar

18. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    https://www.cricistan.com/threads/f...bar-will-continue-in-test.44822/#post-1281495

https://www.cricistan.com/threads/f...bar-will-continue-in-test.44822/#post-1281822

https://www.cricistan.com/threads/f...ll-continue-in-test.44822/page-2#post-1282337

https://www.cricistan.com/threads/f...ll-continue-in-test.44822/page-2#post-1282661

https://www.cricistan.com/threads/i...babar-azam-sarfaraz-ahmed.44904/#post-1283717

etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

19. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    You said on several occasions that he needs to go back to domestics. These threads are very old. He's been on the rise since Ireland in 2018 but you have said again and again that he needs to get dropped. The whole point of keeping Babar in the team was that he is a special talent and that they wanted to play him for as much as possible until he came good. If they put him back in domestics it would take him 2-3 years to get back to the squad and then it'd take some more time for him to establish himself. That means two to three years wasted and that's a lot. Considering you want to bring in a guy that is 34 in his place It doesn't make sense. In your looney world it may make sense. Cricket is played on a field and not on a computer and fgs stop misusing the rating system. How old are you, ten??? Go get a life.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  20. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Pls refrain from making personal remarks

21. Ahson8

Ahson8 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 9, 2012
  22. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
  23. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Puri team change hojaye but Amir will stay in whichever format he wants to play!!