What are your realistic expectations from Pakistan in CWC2019 ?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Passionate Pakistani, Apr 5, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    I know everyone is going on about how ICC tournaments in England means Pakistan are automatically one of the main contenders for WC but what are your realistic expectations from Pakistan solely based on their talent/ability.

This new single robin league system wont help Pakistan either where you qualify by winning just 2 or 3 games and improve your NRR by beating some minnow.

You have to beat at least 2 or 3 of the big teams apart from winning all your games against lesser teams like SRL, WI, Ban and Afghanistan.

So what are your realistic expectations ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Don't see them finishing in the top 4. The team is full of players who have not delivered in a long time.

3. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Finishing in the top 4 will be considered a big achievement this time around.

4. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    I think there is one place for grab and NZ/Pak/SA/Ban/WI/Afgh will fight for that fourth place.

England,India and Australia can have off days but they are sure of top 3 finish because of the format of tournament wherw one bad game doesnt ruin your chances of qualification.

5. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    You never know. Turtle may win against the hares.

6. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Don’t know but I’ll be happy if we even make the semis

7. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Pakistan will finish 4th or 5th IMHO

8. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Emerging Player

Apr 16, 2010
    For some reason I am still not convinced by the Aussies.
    They have been riding on Khawaja and lately Finch.
    And it’s Finch who is the weaker link between these two. He is helpless against the in-coming deliveries and will probably be pushed back into his misery playing in England where ball moves in the air.

Then you have Maxwell who is on and off but indeed dangerous with the bat.

So the team’s batting is mostly a one man show.

However, in English conditions where the ball swings, it becomes a Hellish nightmare for Pak batsmen as well. Our top order will fall like flies against good bowling sides.

So if Australian batting is potentially week in England then Pakistan’s batting is definitely weaker in England.

So our advantage could be bowling if we take Amir AND if the English conditions spark his magic.
    Hasan Ali could also be potent.

I think there is a 40 percent chance that Pak may end up in the top 4.

9. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Tracer Bullet

May 22, 2012
    Jesus, you're all a pathetic bunch. I expect us to win, nothing less. Will be disappointed with anything less.

10. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    But these boys have been playing together for the last two years which is a huge plus compared to the previous World Cup.

It will be a grind to get to the top four but anything can happen if we win two out of the first three matches against WI and SL.

11. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    That misbah team in 2015 was also playing for a long time.. infact since 2011 except few names changed.

12. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    But they were mediocre man, these guys have won a World tournament together.

13. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    We lost Hafeez, Junaid and Ajmal in the 2015 World Cup. 3 of our key players.

Sarfraz, Ehsan Adil, Maqsood, Haris, Sohail Khan, Rahat, Yasir etc were all new names.

Only Afridi, Misbah, Shahzad, Akmal and Irfan were regulars.

Wahab, Younis Khan and Jamshed were making their comebacks.

• Disagree / Dislike Disagree / Dislike x 1
    • List
  14. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Pakistan should be able to reach to Semi and then it will depends who we will play.

Yes, odds are against Pakistan, but it was similar circumstances when we played CT. So I wouldn't rule us out till we actually lose the game.

Also, this current AUS side might get exposed against any decent attack. You send back their top 3 in first 10 overs and see how far they can go.

15. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    I agree , I also expect a win

We have always been written off, just go back to the champions trophy

16. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Issue is that we are written off every single time and youre bound to prove everyone wrong once in 10 times if not more

17. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    We do better in these world tournaments than most teams! Other than the few flops we have done really well!

18. saiyan0321

saiyan0321 Whispering Death

Oct 5, 2014
    Hmmm.. I want my team to win or at least perform good so that the young blood is cemented and gain confidence however we must take into account the difficulty of the format.

Previous format allowed the top 8 teams to qualify and after which a little peak and boom you can win the tournament but here you have to play consistently well whilst rotating the players and have to make a mark against both minnows and non minnows. Reaching the semis in this format is not a joke especially for a team like Pakistan which has struggled in ODI for quite some time.

This format will test the team mentality and capability as well as the managerial skills of the management bcz each game is important but your players can't play each game and must be rotated.

You can't rest the big guns against minnows bcz one slip up and you are in a bigger hole and you can't rest them against good teams bcz you need your best to be at their best to beat them. All 15 must be at the top of their game.

This will be a hard journey and the victor will rightfully so deserve the crown.

19. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Contrary to what people believe, this is an open tournament.
    The top 8 team have all most a similar chance of qualifying.

I see Pakistan at least in semis. I believe this team is as good as any other in the tournament.

Winning SA, Eng (thrashed), Ind (smashed) with a weaker team back in 2017 showed that they are more than capable. Young guys like Hassan, Shaheen, Shadab, Faheem and Babar are all going to be gun players this tournament

20. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Tough games for Pakistan will be against IND, ENG & NZ. Pakistan can certainly beat SA and AUS and we should beat SL, WI, BD and AFG.

To me the biggest challenge will be to keep your players fit for this prolong WC.

21. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    I think finalist or winners i genuinely believe!

Humara raasta sirf Australia rok sakti hai!!