Virat Kohli

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Bruce Wayne, Aug 1, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. TM Riddle

TM Riddle Smooth Operator

Feb 2, 2013
    Best young player atm ..love his aggression.

2. Top Spinner01

Top Spinner01 Tracer Bullet

Feb 27, 2013
    it is virat kohli thread & he has scored his 14th century. 4 more than Inzamam & 1 less than Yousuf at only 24,it needs admiration irrespectively.it is indeed light hearted discussion.i don't think anyone can criticise Akmal or Jamshed if they perform & score tons.

3. TM Riddle

Feb 2, 2013
    Aleeeee lee lee

4. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    They can't score tons when they are unfairly dropped, or told to play defensive game while wickets drop around them. That's why we don't produce Virat Kohlis or Sachin Tendulkars or MS Dhonis.
    :shh

5. Top Spinner01

Feb 27, 2013
    but it is virat kohli thread & he has scored his 14th tons,appreciate it atleast .

6. PakistanZindabad!

Sep 29, 2012
    I did in my posts above

7. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Very good batsman, his stats show it. The guy has some weaknesses like every player but overall he is one of the most complete packages. One of his biggest flaws (not related to his game) is that he has one of the most disgusting personalities in my opinion. The guy gets too carried away with his emotions and has a lack of control over his actions imo; he needs to work on that. If he had a personality like Dravids and keeps playing like he does now, I don't see why people wouldn't rate him as a great sportsman

8. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    He would've had we not batted first. :p

9. TM Riddle

Feb 2, 2013
    of course..I concur

10. nad786

nad786 Youngsta Beauty

Jun 14, 2010
    He is a spoilt brat and needs a good slap. I still think Umar Akmal is more talented but he is brainless.

11. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    It is true, Umar Akmal has played some really good audacious shots in the past which show how good he really is. The guy though is inconsistent and for one reason or the other he hasn't produced the sort of performances we would like. the way he batted in the 4th test in Eng 2010 was good to watch

12. bystander

bystander Emerging Player

Feb 18, 2013
    The best batsman in the world at the present moment.............it could change though.

13. Top Spinner01

Feb 27, 2013
    (1)Hashim Amla_________55*
    (2)Sachin Tendulkar_____45*
    (3)Jonathon Trott________52*
    (4)Virat Kohli_____________50*
    ( 5)A B devilier____________50*
    (6)Zaheer Abbas___________48*
    (7)Viv Richard______________47*
    (8)MS Dhoni_______________51*
    (9)Mic Bevan_______________53*
    (10)Micheal Hussey________48*
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    ^^ Top 10 odi batsmen irrespective of order.

14. bystander

Feb 18, 2013
    of all time? phir toh...no. 1. Viv Richards and Sachin Tenduklkar no. 2.Lara and the rest can follow in their dust.................!

15. Top Spinner01

Feb 27, 2013
    *irrespective of order
    *statistically ignoring grace & style

16. Top Spinner01

Feb 27, 2013
    bystander it is stats base,not grace & style.

17. Top Spinner01

Feb 27, 2013
  18. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
  19. Top Spinner01

Feb 27, 2013
    definitely better than Dhawan

20. bystander

Feb 18, 2013
    yeah defenitely, but Dhawan has got a technique that works for him.

21. TM Riddle

Feb 2, 2013
    definitely.

22. bystander

Feb 18, 2013
    Yeah, but" King" Richards with an average of 50 odd was not king just in name but was the master over all he surveyed ask the Lillees,Hadlees,Imrans,Bothams,Kapils,Willisis,Thomsons etc and they will agree,that too without a helmet.Ask any batsman of today to,without a helmet face genuinely quick, leave alone Express men in the league of Thomson on bouncy Perth,Brisbane wickets or on the awful wickets of the West Indies which had ridges running through,small sight screens, and still hook, pull destroy bowling and i will agree with you.Bats men of the highest pedgree sometimes cannot concentrate hard enough against average opposition,hence the drop in averages,they give their best only against the best.While some batsmen are flat track bullies and inflate their stats against weak opposition and on flat wickets.

23. Top Spinner01

Feb 27, 2013
    he is in my top 10,let assume he is no.1 & the rest follow i mentioned.
    Anyway those were top 10 quantatatively but u can differ in Qualitative terms.

24. bystander

Feb 18, 2013
    bhai, i didn't say you were wrong, there's just two different ways of looking at it,looking at it your way batting is all about making runs so we cannot disregard the gentlemen that you have listed above,it's just that in the times gone by batting was much more difficult in the sense that the bats used were inferior now days even a mishit goes sailing over,pads were heavier and equipment in general was inferior,some grounds had small sight screens and if i may add the bowlers were of a much higher quality, be it the legendary Indian spinners Bedi,Chandra and Pras or the expressmen of the Windies so i think it is unfair to measure the players of the past with the present yardstick.

25. Top Spinner01

Feb 27, 2013
    your top 10 ?

26. bystander

Feb 18, 2013
    Sir Viv Richards,Tendulkar (has to be there),Brian Lara,Greg Chappel,Sunil Gavaskar,Barry Richards,Javed Miandad,Steve Waugh(these two were the ultimate street fighters)Martin Crowe and toss up between Hayden Clive Lloyd and Ponting.Very confusing, there are another 10 who i would like to include :confused

27. Top Spinner01

Feb 27, 2013
    odi's top 10 ?

28. bystander

Feb 18, 2013
    :confused :thinkinggive me a little time.........................?!

29. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Will dhawans technique help him against Steyn and Co in south Africa? I think Kohli is more likely to do good. Thoughts? TM Riddle

30. TM Riddle

Feb 2, 2013
    tbh I don't think he will do much against Steyn and co..he is bit like sehwag , hopefully I will be proven wrong.

31. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
  32. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Ur insulting dhawan... He uses his feet a bit more than Sehwag.

33. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
  34. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    Virat Kohli is much better player than Umar Akmal is. Umar Akmal need to work harder to prove himself.

35. bystander

Feb 18, 2013
    i never rated Sehwag, firstly no foot work,yes he was a beast of a square driver and cutter but the thing is bowlers used to get into the trap of feeding his strength thinking that he would nick one to the keeper or slips,the bowler who sorted him out was Ntini who used to angle it in.The late Raman Lamba was a ferocious square cutter,in one of the matches in Sharjah Imran then way past his best was bowling to him, he square cut Imran for a couple of boundries to deliveries which were outside off swinging away, but Imran then went wide of the crease and cut the ball in sharply to take the inside edge of his bat and be caught out,so it needed a bowler to be a little proactive to work out the weakness of a batsman.Dhawan on the other hand i feel uses his feet and plays equally well on both sides of the wicket, i rate him, yeah i do.Virat is technically one of the best that there is at the moment,appears to be a complete player,really can't spot any weakness but having said that Junaid sorted him out pretty well in the one day series in India.

36. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    the way he bowled in that series, he would have gotten anybody out including ponting, brian lara and tendu. Too bad he couldnt repeat it in the CT.

however interesting read about IK.

37. bystander

Feb 18, 2013
    agree but a batsman of the pedigree of Kohli getting out to the same bowler.........there's something in that for sure.....i'l try and see those dismissals once again,yeah i'l do that.

38. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
  39. PakistanZindabad!

Sep 29, 2012
    Wrong thread

40. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    Yaar! don't even let 1 min to go! :)