[VIDEO] Not angry at ICC but have anger for those who have made a big deal: Sarfaraz Ahmed

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Feb 3, 2019.

[VIDEO] Not angry at ICC but have anger for those who have made a big deal: Sarfaraz Ahmed

by Del
Feb 3, 2019 at 12:08 PM
  1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    "The green signal (for me to lead the team in the World Cup) was there before and I'm hopeful it will be there in future too, I think things are normal"

"The stance toward's ICC is the Board's stance. We did what we could, I made a mistake and accepted it. We did what was required according to ICC"

"I am not angry at ICC but there is anger for those people who have made a big deal out of this"

"My nature can't change, people know me from my younger days and this is how I captain, I keep talking and encouraging the players, if I leave my natural way then my game might suffer. I will try to not do the mistakes that have been committed but I will keep backing my team as long as I get the opportunity"

"I don't know about captaincy but since the beginning, the captain is announced on a series to series basis and we go along with that and will do so in future"

"I want to clear one thing here: The incident that happened, one word was made into an issue. When I met him (Phehlukwayo) to say sorry to him, he said it's OK, you used that word against me but you said something wrong about my mother. In the media, people were discussing about 'kaalay' and derogatory terms. I explained to him that as a Muslim, we have a belief that Mom's prayers are very important for players, for all of us. I apologised to him for using that word but I told him I didn't say anything rude about his mother. I gave him an example from Islam and the manager Moosajee backed me up. People were talking a lot about that one word but if you look at the content, there was nothing in it"

"There was just that one word which we use commonly here, it came out and it was a mistake"

"Regarding players preferring Shoaib bhai, I don't think there's any such thing. The players are all good and support eachother, I don't think there's any such thing"

"I am hopeful of a comeback insha'Allah, everything happens from Allah and maybe there is some betterment in what happened. I will hopefully come back to the team"

"Regarding returning from SA, I think it's good that I got some rest as we have had a very hectic schedule and there is PSL coming up in a few days"

"Test series is far away so I don't think we need to discuss that now"

"Many thanks to the PCB for the way they handled this case and supported me, the fans have always supported us and I am thankful to them also"

"Insha'Allah I will be captain at the World Cup but it's up to the board, I am getting positive vibes about it"

"Regarding performances, my record is there for all to see. I made a world record recently which counts in my performances. I am a wicket keeper so catches count in my performances, I have made fifties too. I don't like talking about my performances but in that Australia match we won after being 57/5, I made 94 and 80 there so thankfully performances are there. Yes, the level is not as high as it should be but I am working hard"

"Amir was out of the team due to performances but he bowled well in domestics before coming back"

"Junaid Khan is a main bowler but in recent series, he had an incident such as the following during NZ series; We got a report that he didn't play a couple of domestic matches due to injury so he was carrying an injury and after the first match, he was ruled out of the series. We have series coming up and he is one of the bowlers we will try out, we have lots of bowlers in the pipeline who are in consideration. The best five fast-bowlers will be selected for the World Cup"

"Regarding team spirit, there is no such thing as bad spirit whether I am leading or Shoaib Malik is. The team fights like in the first T20I where after a poor first 15 overs they came back hard in the last 5 overs and fought hard, they could have even won the match"

"Sometimes news comes out but I don't think that spoils the team atmosphere"

"There is nothing in my heart against Shoaib (Akhtar) bhai, if there is anything in his heart then I hope he forgives me and supports the Pakistan team"

"Ramzan is very important for Pakistan cricket whether it's 92 WC or 17 CT, insha'Allah the boys will give their best effort and Ramzan will also play it's part (laughter)"

"I have played with Ahmed Shehzad and Umar Akmal and shared a dressing room with them, they are both very good players. I am happy that two top players are in our team. As for handling them, I have never as such faced any issue with them or had any problems with them"

"The most important thing is for the team to fight which it showed in the first T20I, results can go either way. Records are made to be broken"

SAvsPAK.jpg

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      I gave Phehlukwayo an example from Islam :mad::mad::mad: to explain the incident - seriously dude?

2. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
      You just need to shut up for a while and this whole thing will go away. You are not the victim of any conspiracy here. You want someone to blame? Look in the mirror.

He made a mistake and I'm sure he didn't intend it to be a racial comment but he needs to stop finding people to blame.

3. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
      Yeah he's been pulling all sort of stories lately.

4. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Tracer Bullet

May 22, 2012
      Jesus man, shut up. Why are you reminding everyone what you did.

5. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
      And i have performances... like on after every 10 innings lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
      he's doing that so young guys and others dont forget. actually a noble thing to do by dragging your name through mud every day just to make sure people dont forget and refrain from making such mistake.

7. cricfreak

cricfreak Emerging Player

Jul 6, 2010
    8. TaQvinaToR

TaQvinaToR Youngsta Beauty

Sep 28, 2018
      Yaar I dont get it. At one time our media use to refer Indies as " Kaali Aandhi " !

9. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
      Lol, basically confirming my initial view of the whole episode. He genuinely didn’t even know it’s a racist word to use. Guy admitted kaala word is used commonly in pak.

Typical response regarding his performances, totally disregarded all his recent failures but picked on the very few innings he scored in.

10. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
      so you want tailender Rizwan and Malik saab to lead the boyz ?

11. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
      Sarfraz to lead till and including WC. After that we shall see.

12. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
      I will never pick Rizwan again until hes 35. Thats the age when Pakistani players start improving themselves

13. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      And after WC @Ahson8 & I propose to have Umair Masood, as our next keeper.

14. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
      Still hasn't accepted that there was anything wrong with what he did.

15. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
      but if Sarfraz takes us to Semis I dont think he should be dropped

16. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Emerging Player

Apr 16, 2010

Shove your "anger" back in your own rear end and see if triggers a couple brain cells to function?
      What a galli mohalla type idiot with no signs of intelligence, and no idea of how to present yourself.

17. BuccalSingh

BuccalSingh Youngsta Beauty

Mar 21, 2016
      NIdamat naam ke koi cheez nahi hai. Does he even understand that all this talk isn't helping his cause?

18. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      Nidamat tu tak hogi when he will admit his fault. He only said it that he made a mistaken but never admitted it.