1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

The Super 8 Fixtures (tentative)

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, May 3, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Only 4 games remain in the group stage and all 4 games involve a top 8 team against a 'minnow' so to some extent we can assume that the results will be as expected.

Each team has already been seeded which means that regardless of whether Pakistan finish first or second in Group A they will remain A1. A2 is Bangladesh but if (as expected) Australia knock Bangladesh out then Australia will be A2. This is because the unseeded team takes the identity of the seeded team they replace. So if Bangladesh beat Australia by a huge margin and knock Pakistan out then Australia will become A1.

But barring any upsets, or matches where rain gets the match called off, the Super 8 standings will be as follow. Only India and West Indies are confirmed as through to the Super 8.

A1 - Pakistan
    A2 - Australia

B1 - Sri Lanka
    B2 - New Zealand

C1 - South Africa
    C2 - India

D1 - West Indies
    D2 - England

...if the above happens then this will be the fixture list for the rest of the games...

Code:
    [b]Date		Time[i](GMT)[/i]	Teams			  Venue[/b]

[COLOR="Green"][B]Thu 6th May	  13:30		Pakistan v England	  Bridgetown, Barbados[/B][/COLOR]
    Thu 6th May	  17:30		S Africa v New Zealand	  Bridgetown, Barbados

Fri 7th May	  13:30		Australia v India	  Bridgetown, Barbados
    Fri 7th May	  17:30		Sri Lanka v Windies	  Bridgetown, Barbados

[B][COLOR="Green"]Sat 8th May	  13:30		Pakistan v New Zealand	  Bridgetown, Barbados[/COLOR][/B]
    Sat 8th May	  17:30		England v S Africa	  Bridgetown, Barbados

Sun 9th May	  13:30		India v Windies		  Bridgetown, Barbados
    Sun 9th May	  17:30		Sri Lanka v Australia	  Bridgetown, Barbados	

[COLOR="Green"][B]Mon 10th May	  13:30		Pakistan v S Africa	  Gros Islet, St Lucia[/B][/COLOR]
    Mon 10th May	  17:30		New Zealand v England	  Gros Islet, St Lucia

Tue 11th May	  13:30		Sri Lanka v India	  Gros Islet, St Lucia
    Tue 11th May	  21:00		Windies v Australia	  Gros Islet, St Lucia

2. Younis-fan

Younis-fan Youngsta Beauty

Mar 12, 2010
    Nice job merc now lets hope it goes according to the script.

3. Inferno

Inferno Youngsta Beauty

Mar 19, 2010
    I think Ireland will beat England, for some reason everytime i tip a minnow they lose, when i right them off they win...

4. Rizzy

Rizzy Talented

Mar 1, 2010
    I got a feelin Aussies might just want to lose against bangladesh just to kick Pakistan out of the tournament. Im sure if we had India in our group this would have been the case bearing in mind most Indians blame us for getting them kicked out of champions trophy.

5. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    @inferno

I've got a feeling you might be right. On Sky Sports Atherton was totally dismissing Ireland saying England will walk the game tomorrow. He may just have jinxed them, a bit like the way England were dismissing the tour of Pakistan after their 2005 Ashes win and then ended up losing!

@rizzy

It's too risky for the Aussies to lose the game. Once you go in to lose a game you dont have any real control over how badly you will lose and there's still a chance the Aussies could knock themselves out if they lose by a huge margin. Besides the Aussies are desperate to win the T20 World Cup they wont do anything to upset their flow

6. Younis-fan

Younis-fan Youngsta Beauty

Mar 12, 2010
    Perfect timings for all three super8 fixtures.I work nights and normally wake up around 1pm so com,n you aussies and beat BD.

7. Nadeem

Nadeem Emerging Player

Dec 22, 2009
    I think Pakistan will fancy themselves to at least reach the semi's, England could be the tricky match out of the lot.

8. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    The only thing I'd be most worried about right now is a farce rain shortened game like the one England lost to WI.

9. HuskerFan

HuskerFan Talented

Jan 30, 2010
    With England being at 52/4 in 11 overs, they may not even make it to the Super-8!

.... and if we make it to Super-8, we'll have to play Ireland! :))

10. Rizzy

Rizzy Talented

Mar 1, 2010
    @ HuskerFan

Pakistanis are scared of the Irish, they'd prefer England.

11. iHammad

iHammad Emerging Player

Apr 2, 2010
    I can only watch match against NZ, on the weekend...otherwise, highlights :D

12. Mohammad Aamer

Mohammad Aamer Emerging Player

May 3, 2010
    Lets pray

Merc, you have made a terrific analysis....Let's just spare ourselves 10 mins and pray to Allah to let the brave pakistani team progress into the next round:| and hopefully bring the cup back:).