1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

The Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by chandtara, Jun 22, 2011.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    Algieri is a very talented guy, intelligent as well as pretty much having the ability to go into MMA if he wanted to with his varied fighting background but Manny is probably a step too far and too soon at the moment
    will be a good test for Manny though, Algieri is considerably taller but I havent seen too much of him to know whether he will be able to use his size advantage - not impressed with his low ratio of KO's either, only 8 in 20 wins

2. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Just watched a clip of Manny on the pads. Frightening speed as usual. Looking forward to watching him in the ring again. Expecting a dominant performance

3. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Bellow v Cleverly 2 should be a cracker later

4. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    De Gale wins, Groves wins unconvincingly. Time for Joshua and then the main event

5. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Joshua with another first round demolition. This kid is on another level

6. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Should have gone to sleep after the Joshua fight. That rematch was dire! Bellow wins but Cleverley was on the ropes from round 9 onwards. Ran out of gas. Threw nothing back. How one of the judges awarded that to clev I will never know! Just Pacman to look forward too now

7. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Pacman well ahead after 4 rounds, slip classed as a knockdown against Algeiri too. Easy for Manny so far

8. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Algieri finally wins a round in the 5th but what a 6th round from Pacman. 2 knockdowns. Algeri hanging on now

9. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Algieri on the canvas twice again! Beautiful left from Manny just as the commentators were speaking to Algieris corner who were saying we are going to unleash him next round and he is going to knockout manny. Right on cue he gets floored

10. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    6th knockdown now in the 10th round! And still it goes on

11. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Too easy for Pacquiao as it goes to the scorecard. Going to be a landslide

12. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    As one sided as it gets. Pacman will be disappointed he didn't get the knockout. Unanimous decision all in favour of him

13. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    "I'm ready to fight him" is the answer to the million dollar question. Over to you Floyd

14. Azzurri

Azzurri Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

May 6, 2014
    Khan was never good enough to fight mayweather and neither is he now .. He better fight guys like canelo, thug man and broner before even thinking about money boy

15. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    what a let down by Algieri - where was his fighting spirit?!
    I guess thats what great boxers can do, they can make perfectly good boxers look horrific

16. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Why the Algieri hate WaQaReD!? I thought the dude did decent? He showed good footwork headmovement ETC. I think you got it spot on, Pacman made him look worse than he was.

Did anyone watch Eubank JR throw the fight away?

17. Savak

Savak Emerging Player

Feb 26, 2013
    Pacquiao was too good for him. His game plan was flawed. People make a big deal about the 2 wrong kd but he was being outclassed and did not have the punching power to win.

18. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Poor tactics from him and he paid the price. What was he was doing in them first 5 rounds? Ended the fight the stronger but it was too late by then. Snr giving it the gas before the fight didnt help his cause either.

19. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011

I think thats all it was really, a great boxer in Manny making him look bad

speaking of Manny, a friend of mine met 3 IOC drug doping members and they discussed steroids in boxing.
    according to them, and its just their opinion so I dont know how much weight it holds or who their sources are, but the rumours are strong that Manny is or has been on steroids but he is getting away with it due to the use of masking agents. They believe Floyd to be clean and said the drug issue is the sticking point in them fighting each other
    They also said steroid use in boxing is pretty rampant
    reminds me of when FMJ said look at how big Manny's head has grown during his career - points to drug usage ie growth hormone which is known for doing that lol

20. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    WaQaReD!

I don't know much about boxing tbh! but what I've read and heard for FMJ is he's a coward and I kinda believe that cuz he's the champ and he doesn't want anyone to take that thing from him....

and this is what I don't like in the Boxing world that the champ can pick the fighter and not vice versa

thoughts?

21. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011

I don't agree FMJ is a coward. If you look at his career and his unbeaten record and who he has beaten it speaks for itself. I can believe he may be picking and choosing his opponents a little more diligently now because he is ageing and is on the wrong side of 30
    That is a common complaint of Boxing, we are not always seeing the best fighters box each other, FMJ and Manny not fighting is just one example of that. They need to give the fans what they want to see

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  22. Savak

Savak Emerging Player

Feb 26, 2013
    Pacquiao on record has said he is willing to take a massive pay cut to make this fight happen for the fans.

23. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014

and is he going to fight Amir Khan?

24. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011

Khan's name has been in the mix for awhile but no idea whether it will happen.

• List
  25. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014

who was that famous filipion boxer who lost against FMJ?

26. Azzurri

May 6, 2014
    Khan doesn't deserve to have a go at FMJ , he needs to beat guys like Thurman , broner or he should go for a rematch against Garcia to have a slightest of a chance to fight mayweather .. Right now apart from manny no one deserves to fight that guy he is invincible ...

• List
  27. Azzurri

May 6, 2014
  28. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011

I hope Khan doesn't read that - he loses when he doesn't fight 'smart' by letting his ego get involved and trying to stand there trading punches, if Khan used his speed and kept things on the outside as much as he could he would be a far better boxer. He is not a puncher

• List
  29. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Paulie seems to be very vocal on FMJ v Pacquiao

30. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    FMJ whitewashes Manny? He may win but I think Paulie has taken a few too many shots to the head over his career. Manny showed in his last fight that he still has the speed to test floyd. Just a shame the fight is probably going to happen 5 years too late.

31. London_Lahori

London_Lahori Tracer Bullet

Feb 18, 2014
    Paulie been putting Manny on blast for a few years now. Think he genuinely believes that Manny was using.

32. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Seems a little angry, which is odd.

33. Renaissance

Renaissance Formerly Goliath

Apr 29, 2012
    Anyone watching Stiverne Wilder... I rekon this is gna be mad. Hopefully my boy Wilder wins :D

34. asad hassan

asad hassan Banned

Jan 17, 2015
    Amir Khan Boxer In Most Famous Boxer In The World.

35. Renaissance

Renaissance Formerly Goliath

Apr 29, 2012
    AND THE NEWWWWWWWW
    [​IMG]
    BOOOOOMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBBB SSSSSSQQQQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDD!!!

36. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    Pacman will be a really tough fight for Amir Khan. I hope Amir plays steadily. Amir is a prospect who may run the show if he tries to be a bit political like Maywheather.

37. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Wilder finally wins a belt, was only a matter of time. Answered a few questions on saturday night by taking a few punches and going the distance for the first time.

• List
  38. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011

[​IMG]
    Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather were both sitting courtside as Miami took on Milwaukee Bucks on Tuesday night

Floyd Mayweather & Manny Pacquiao talk at Miami Heat game
    Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather exchanged phone numbers at a US basketball game as they met in person for the first time.

A long-awaited welterweight fight between the two has long been talked about, but a deal has yet to be agreed.

Filipino Pacquiao, 36, is the WBO belt holder, while American Mayweather, 37, is the WBC and WBA champion.

"He gave his number to me and said we will communicate with each other," Pacquiao said at the Miami Heat game.

Eight-division world champion Pacquiao and Mayweather, who has been world champion at five weights, are considered the best fighters of their generation.
    [​IMG]
    The fighters were both sitting courtside as Miami took on Milwaukee Bucks on Tuesday night.

The stadium put photos of both fighters on their video screens during a first-half stoppage in play, with the caption "Coming in 2015?"

Pacquiao's publicist Fred Sternburg recently said a bout between the two still has "a long way to go" but that there has been movement "in a positive direction".

It followed reports Pacquiao had agreed terms on a 2 May bout in Las Vegas.

One stumbling block has been Mayweather's insistence on a strict blood-testing programme during training, but Pacquiao said those demands cast him in a bad light as a suspected cheat.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/31016003

39. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    This could be it guys but still feel let down that its happening five years too late

40. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    [​IMG]

The pair hugged and swapped phone numbers but there wasn't much smiling during the exchange