1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

The Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by chandtara, Jun 22, 2011.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. London_Lahori

London_Lahori Tracer Bullet

Feb 18, 2014
    Richard Schaefer just left golden boy. Wow

Fat dan just tweeted it.

2. London_Lahori

Feb 18, 2014
    I sense a 3rd big promotional company being made. Run by Schaefer and Haymon.

3. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Does haymon even need Schaefer? Dude seems to be signing up everyone and anyone.

4. London_Lahori

Feb 18, 2014
    He needs someone to actually run the company, someone with experience. Him and Richard are also close, as well as Floyd. Could be the real birth of 'Mayweather Promotions'

5. Renaissance

Renaissance Formerly Goliath

Apr 29, 2012
    Or he could join 50 and sms promotions :D

6. Renaissance

Renaissance Formerly Goliath

Apr 29, 2012
    Or he could join 50 and sms promotions :D

7. London_Lahori

Feb 18, 2014
    So Floyd has left GBP as well now...... Here we go

8. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    GBP? I always thought floyd had a relationship with them and that was pretty much on a fight by fight basis co-promotion? Its pretty much a well known secret that FMJ will do what haymon advises him. This all seems like a haymon powerplay. Way too confusing for me.
    Haymon seems to be doing alright. He's seems to be doing more than his 'advisor' tag nowadays. But a veteran like schaefer will really add another dimension to this dudes game. Kinda feel sorry for de la hoya.

9. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Cotto v Martinez very shortly. Iv stayed up for this one, hope it lives up to the hype!

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  10. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    What a first round! Cotto floors Martinez 3 times!

11. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    cotto martinez was a sad fight to watch...martinez's reflex just looked a split second late for everything. Did anyone catch that stunning andy lee KO?

12. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    I guess brook is more relevant than khan after all.

• List
  13. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    did no one watch the brook v porter fight?
    surprised brook won to be honest, although ive spoken highly of him he hadnt really been tested but he was tested by porter who is a very aggressive fighter and brook handled just well enough, could have gone either way imo but brook landed the cleaner punches whereas porter was always showing intent and coming forward

khan v brook is suddenly a realistic fight now brook is the IBF champion

14. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    I commented on it just above you:D...well in a generic sense. Like i thought, porter was tough but predicable. I have to say that despite a lot of people not agreeing with me, Brook is definitely more relevant now, even if it was questionable befor!

• List
  15. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    Kell Brook was stabbed in the leg last week. wonder how long his recovery period will be? wont be fighting against this year in all likelihood
    2nd time hes been stabbed - not a very good sign really

• List
  16. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Once is an accident twice there’s an underlying problem....or he could just be very very unlucky.

17. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Damn floyd MayWeather fights are boring. Dude is killing boxing with his slow handpicked opponents. Maidana v MayWeather 2, boooooring. Atleast his all access shows are interesting.

18. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Runs away from Pacquiao

19. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    The occasional shoulder roll and sidestep isnt enough to keep people entertained for 12 rounds.

20. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    was gonna stay up to watch the fight but thought better of it, and am glad for it, even the highlights looked dead so switched them off after a few rounds, lols.

still mayweather was always in control and played for the decision, maidana should have gone hell for leather and if he got ko'd so be it, he was never gonna win on points anyway.

• List
  21. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    I stayed up to watch it and the only thing interesting about it was Mayweather crying like a ***** after claiming Maidana bit him and then later Chino being deducted a point for pushing Floyd to the floor.....

22. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    lol I love watching Mayweather box, his counter punching ability is a joy to watch as is his defense

23. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    You know what i find terrifying? Its that Amir khan stylistically is a potential nightmare for fmj. God help us all if khan beats fmj.
    As for FMJ, his performance was disappointing. Yes we got the trademark shoulder rolls and counters, which did look sublime but he played it safe.
    Ps he also got caught several times with some stinging jabs..... Which leads me to the scary proposition that fmj is ripe for the picking. If khan maintains the handspeed and volume, (gulp) if he isnt flat footed and hits those angles he will potentially beat fmj.

24. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    sooner or later time will catch up with FMJ, although someone like Bernard Hopkins is still going strong at 49/50 and hes also more of a defensive/counter punching fighter nowadays.
    Khan has the speed to trouble anyone, but currently he lacks ring smarts and also lacks power so he can cause Mayweather fits but I dont think he has the ring sense to beat him

25. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Tbh its outside the ring that khan would most likely be susceptible. If Angel Garcia annoyed him... The MayWeathers will ruin him mentally.

26. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    What date/time does Bhop v Kovalev start in UK? Cheers.

27. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    London_Lahori prediction for the fight? if Bhop survives the 12 rounds it will be a spectacular effort. But the old man was very keen on taking this fight, he has seen a weakness in kovalev which he feels he can exploit. Even then if he wins it will be the biggest of his career imo and one of the all time epic achievements inside the squared circle

• List
  28. London_Lahori

Feb 18, 2014
    I'm pulling for Bhop, my muslim brother. I'm worried though that Kovalev will keep coming and coming and Bhop may not be able to keep up with the pace.

• List
  29. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    I pray for his health, part of me doesn't want to watch the fight. I fear for his life.

30. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Does anyone know when our hero is fighting?

31. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    Why's this guy getting so much praise? Who is he?

32. London_Lahori

Feb 18, 2014
    Which guy?

33. London_Lahori

Feb 18, 2014
    Who?

34. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    Bhop

35. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Amir Khan, dude fighting Alexander...but ive not heard much.

36. London_Lahori

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh right, yeah 13 December, I believe.

37. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    Big match for Amir. It will be a title shot.

38. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Alexander got titles? Porter took em didnt he? Anyway there are no more gimme fights for Khan its all business now.

39. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    It's not a title shot, alexander fight should have happened last year. I wanted to see him take on gurrero but apparently he wanted a bigger purse so typical of him, dic move. Team Khan have no intention to establish amir as an ellite fighter they've been planning his exit strategy ever since he lost to garcia, if he ever does get to be in the ring with FMJ that will be his last fight. FMJ has been controlling them like puppets though and taking advantage of that, won't be surprised if he never fights khan and to be fair he needs a big win as well.

40. Savak

Savak Emerging Player

Feb 26, 2013
    Who wins pacq vs Algieri?