Star Trek (The 2009 Movie)

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Mercenary, Jan 9, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I just got around to watching the new Star Trek film and they didn't do a bad job considering they had to recast well known actors and characters who are household names. They did a good job of casting all the main roles except Scotty, I didnt like the new Scotty at all.

The plot had potential but it has too many strands to really grip the viewer, I can't believe they made the destruction of Vulcan seem mundane and no big deal. Overall I think it was a good introduction to the franchise but the next one better be really good or that's a lot of wasted time and money on the first one.

Has anyone else seen it and what did you think?

2. The Great Khan

The Great Khan Youngsta Beauty

Jan 26, 2010
    loved it..thought the casting was pretty good and since its an alternate universe plenty to mess around with! loved the way Kirk got onto the enterprise!!..

3. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    If they plan on making it into a new franchise then I'm not sure about blowing Vulcan up in the first film!!

4. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    So, the new Star Trek is coming out this summer, I, for one, really liked the first one, it basically introduced me to the franchise.

5. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Smooth Operator

Jun 12, 2011
    I thought its a very very good movie and the casting was great bar chekov whose hammy pronunciations annoyed me pretty quickly. McCoy, Kirk and Spock was inspired casting!

6. TM Riddle

TM Riddle Smooth Operator

Feb 2, 2013
    I liked the first one , the guy who played role of captain kirk was awesome..but imo star wars is better

7. Namak_Halaal

Namak_Halaal Banned

May 12, 2012
    I'm not into Star Trek but J.J.Abraham did a sterling job with Star Trek.

Looking forward to the sequel for sure.

8. Namak_Halaal

Namak_Halaal Banned

May 12, 2012
    Empire Strikes Back was the best and that movie wasn't event written/directed by George Lucas.

9. TM Riddle

TM Riddle Smooth Operator

Feb 2, 2013
    the whole series is fantastic ..empire strikes back imo is one of the greatest movies ever made ..prequel trilogy wasn't bad either and Hayden Christiansen did a great job in playing role of Anakin Skywalker..the scene in revenge of Sith when obi van and Anakin fight was epic