Standards of Umpires

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Patriot, Aug 5, 2020.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    This was referred to the 3rd Umpire just out of safety,

[​IMG]

how low have the Umpire standards have fallen. Before technology was brought in the game, umpires would give out correct runout calls with batch inches away from the crease in real time.

2. thair9999

thair9999 Emerging Player

Oct 17, 2010
    Same goes for the lbw as well. They know there is replay so why take blame.

On another note, I also think when the batsman ask to confirm clean catch that should be counted as review as well.

3. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Banned

Apr 16, 2010
    This is exactly my point.
    If there is SO MUCH EMPHASIS on the technology, then so be it. Remove the umpire's call from the LBW decisions.
    It's out if there are three red dots, otherwise not out - no matter which party challenges the umpire decision.

4. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010
    Pitching out side leg should not be consider as now we have technology to track the ball. Either we use the technology to full extant or not all.

5. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    That's a different story.
    You are talking about a fundamental change in the centuries old rule where pitched outside the leg is "not out" EVEN if the ball is hitting dead in the middle stump.

I am in favor of changing this rule, ESPECIALLY in T20 where the rules are way too much in favor of the batsman. So bowlers should get some compensation.

6. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    more on crappy umpiring intellect.

7. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010
    I think it was there because in those days bowling variation were yet matured. So thinking was if it pitched outside leg it will never hit the stumps. There are many old rules changed so why not this. I think if the cricketers in early 1900 come back they will hardly recognize the cricket we play vs what they played.