1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Sialkot Stallions V Karachi Dolphins - Final - FBT20 Super Eight - 01/04/12 - Match Thread

Discussion in 'Match Archive' started by Passionate Pakistani, Apr 1, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    how many guests they have got for the final presentation ceremony

2. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    MIB talks toooooooooooooooo much.. just give the frigging awards already

3. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    the australian high commissoner must be feeling like in betweeen some aliens

4. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Most 4s award - shoaib malik and Khalid latif
    Most 6s award - Khalif latif

5. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
  6. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    highest scorer in the tournament - Khalid Latif

7. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Player of the Match - Shoaib Malik

8. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Shoaib Malik gave his award to Haris Sohail.. What an Actor

9. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Best Batsman of the Tournament - Khalid Latif

10. Observer

Observer Emerging Player

Feb 27, 2010
    I agree, but partly. It's a combination of a good captain, team effort and talent. We should not take anything away from the players. If they are not committed and put in an effort including their talent the team will go nowhere, so everybody need to recognize that the SKT team has talent too. Especially two players should have special attention for the national team:

Raza Hassan and Haris Sohail

Both should have a proper chance. I think we should not rush in Raza Hassan, but Haris is ready for exposure.

11. karachigirl

karachigirl Tracer Bullet

Sep 6, 2011
    whats HE doing there??

12. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Best Bowler of the Tournament - Raza Hassan

13. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Wicket Keeper of the Tournament - Shakeel Ansar

14. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Best Fielder of the Tournament - Shoaib Malik

15. Observer

Observer Emerging Player

Feb 27, 2010
    Most probably he has no real cause, but our boot polishers want to show how happy they are for Masa.

16. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    FB Man of the Match - Malik and Haris Sohail

17. Observer

Observer Emerging Player

Feb 27, 2010
    More praise for the PCB chief ....yawwnnn

18. Bouncer

Bouncer Talented

Jan 14, 2010
    WTF????? SERIOUSLY

19. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Shoaib Malik -

Thanks PCB, Sponsors, Security, Geo Super etc. Thanked the crowd and congratulate everyone.
    Praised Zaka Ashraf efforts and is hopeful of international cricket comeback in Pakistan and will do whatever he can do in his capacity to bring Cricket back in Pakistan.
    Thanked Australian High Commissoner
    Thanked the crowd

whether iam part of team or not, i always give my 100 %
    cricket is my passion, and i will play my best whether its domestic or intl.
    congratulate Dolphins on their performance.

20. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Haris Sohail -

thanked shoaib malik for his guidence.. and thanked ALMIGHTY for all good performances.

21. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    5 lac cash prize for sialkot team by the region director.

mib forced him to announce 15 lac :p

22. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Muhammad Sami -

Start was good and we should have defended this total but credit goes to Stallions.
    It was a v good tournament, we learned alot and i congratulate both dolphins and stallions.
    missed afridi and fawad coz they are our main players and we had no replacement for them.
    Working on my fitness and hopefully my performance will be better in future.

23. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    10 lac rupees and runners up trophy for Muhammad Sami

24. Observer

Observer Emerging Player

Feb 27, 2010
    I don't think Afridi's batting was missed. Yes, his bowling and fielding would have been a plus. The boom boom is gone.

25. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Shoaib Malik again -

We didnt win in faisalabad, not necessary to win eevry tournament but today we won for the 7th time and thats a great thing.
    you dont need big names in t20 and i give all credit to players
    Thanked the region director by giving him free hand in selection
    want to improve sialkot cricket and always select player on merit
    Crowd showed the whole world that we want intl cricket back in Pakistan
    credit goes to all spnsors and everyone
    Thanked Geo Super and its a good thing for youngsters.

26. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    calm down lol

i was just joking

27. Mutazalzaluzzaman Tarar

Mutazalzaluzzaman Tarar Emerging Player

Mar 18, 2010
    dont you know it only counts if Afridi does it.

if Afridi had done something similar (which would've never happened since it would imply that Afridi performed under pressure - which as we know is impossible), Afriditards would've been asking that Afridi be knighted.

Malik would've been a fine national captain if he had been backed by the PCB and if he didn't have to deal with underperforming, conspiring backstabbers like Afridi, Yousuf, Akhtar, etc. Pakistan's loss.

28. Temptation*

Temptation* Youngsta Beauty

Mar 18, 2010
    Malik an actor? says an Afridi fan..lol. funny

29. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Much appreciated :p

30. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    A player who didn't deserve a place in the playing eleven and you are saying that he would be a fine Captain. Maybe you are too young but I remember very clearly that Malik came in the team as an off spinner who used to bat at 9 or 10. He was never an international standard batsman and never would be. His bowling is also no better than Hafeez, Afridi or Ajmal to warrant him a permanent place in our team.

Secondly you are accusing other players of playing politics while defending the biggest politician of them all. Shoaib Malik is a cunning politician and a silent assassin. Don't be fool by his naive looks he is too smart and we all know whose backing he has got.

31. Mutazalzaluzzaman Tarar

Mutazalzaluzzaman Tarar Emerging Player

Mar 18, 2010
    I don`t know whether to laugh or cry.

for gods sake, if you have Afridi`s mug as your avatar, please for the sake of your own credibility, do not accuse other players of politics. the biggest politician is in your avatar. please have some mercy on yourself.

32. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    ^ I think your any statement regarding Afridi can't be taken at its face value because your are too biased. So Please don't bother yourself in future to give me any suggestions in this regard. Thanks.

33. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    ASLI-PATHAN it seems you missed few years of cricket in between from when Malik was off spinner batting at #9 to when he was head to head with Ponting for being the best #3 batsman in the world or most his performances when he lead the team.

But its okay obviously your old enough. You have seen the before and after just not the in between. Sadistic as it might be for no other reason to upset people lol I hope Malik comes back to the team.

o btw...I would love to hear your views or know the facts about Malik's connections in politics. One of my very good friends here in NYC is from a very well connected political family in sialkot. In fact both his brother in law and father in law are mna.

Edit: His brother in law actually died in a accident may Allah grant him jaanat. Anyhow the point still remains I would love to know about the political connections considering I know few people in politics really haven't heard much about it myself.

34. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Feather No I had not missed any Cricket in between before Malik made his debut and now. Yes Malik improved his batting tremendously after 2003 and he should be commended for that. But you can't compare him with a player who is one of the greats of modern times who had proven himself in all formats and not just LOIs. Malik had never proven himself in Test arena apart from one innings he played against Sri Lanka where he helped Pakistan draw a test match while batting as an opener. So comparing him with Ponting is bit OTT in my opinion.

Regarding his political connections, as far as I know he is supported by PPP and Firdous Ashiq Awan used her influence to bring him back in the team in 2011 but his performances was so bad against the minnows also that he was dropped from the team again.

35. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    ASLI-PATHAN please make no mistake I did not compare Malik to Ponting. I think that would be a bad joke. Ponting is miles ahead in any format. I meant along with Ponting he was one of the best #3's in the world at that point.

Malik isn't supported by any political party to be honest. He simply doesn't have the fan following for a political party to be interested in him. He isn't doing anything that would benefit a political party. Yes, Firdous Ashiq Awan name pops up all the time but then again she might just like him but do you honestly consider her a force within Pakistan that she can force Malik into the team at will?

If that is the case...what do you think about Akhtar, Younis and Afridi meeting with lot more people...doing press conferences and kissing anyone and everyone's behind to make the team. You seem to be a Afridi fan...what did you think of what Afridi has done to make the team again?

36. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    We all know that nepotism is ripe in Pakistan and yes all the players had used it in one way or the other to further their goals. I am not only Afridi fan I am fan of Pakistan Cricket Team. The day Afridi stop performing like Malik I will be the first person to demand his ouster from the team.

37. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Feather

You are just embarrassing yourself with your bias behaviour..just accept that you are a Malik fan and can't see anything beyond him.

First of all, make this clear in your mind that Afridi was never dropped from the team except for a short time when Sohail was the chief selector of Pakistan.

Second thing is that you're accusing others..now pls

Tell me when did Younis met any politician or did you see that with your two eyes again?

The problem is that when you give a proof or argument, you back them with ya own eyes and views while asking accusing the others in same way.

The end point is that Malik got his chance against Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Srilanka in which he failed miserably..i think again you saw with your own eyes that Malik was under pressure and forced by Younis and Afridi to perform badly.

38. Observer

Observer Emerging Player

Feb 27, 2010
    In fact I still have the view that Malik is a good and shrewd captain, but as you have mentioned he has NOT performed - not even against WEAK sides. His selection is not justified and it is beyond doubt that he is a "pakka" sifarshia. He allowed the big fat PPP cow (Ashiq Awan) to participate in his wedding for publicity stunt and the favor was returned by selecting him through the back door.

39. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    Nah that's a bit misleading. Malik batted in the top 6 in junior games all the time, I know intnl level is different and it's good MashaAllah that he was capable of improving to that degree--that maiden century was a particularly brilliant knock and he was very consistent in 2004-08--but it's not as if he never knew how to hold a bat. Most Pakistan allrounders from Asif Iqbal and Intekhab Alam to Mohammad Hussain and Abdul Razzaq have begun at Number 8-11. Only the obviously prolific batsmen like Mushtaq Mohammad and Mudassar Nazar, now Hammad Azam have begun in the top 6.