Sarfaraz left fuming after discord within PAK team(Ask manager about difference in team:Sarfraz:#66)

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Jun 17, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Pakistan captain Sarfaraz Ahmed has lashed out at some members of his team, after the team’s humiliating loss at the hands of India, during the ongoing 2019 International Cricket Council (ICC) World Cup in England and Wales.

According to sources, Sarfaraz has, reportedly, accused pacer Wahab Riaz, batsmen Imamul Haq and Babar Azam and all-rounder Imad Wasim for underperforming and forming a group within the side, in the dressing room after the match against India. He also termed Wasim as the leader of the group and someone who has his eyes set on becoming the captain of the side.

Although veteran all-rounder Shoaib Malik will retire from ODI cricket at the end of the World Cup but he has also thrown his weight behind the four-member group, a source close to the Pakistan team further revealed.

The Pakistan skipper was also disappointed with the way team played against India because this was a match he thinks that the Men in Green could have won.

During Sarfaraz’s outburst in the room, Head Coach Mickey Arthur preferred to remain quiet and only focused on discussing cricketing matters.

The team’s activities, other than cricket, in England are also a cause of concern for the team management and Manager Talat Ali, apparently, has no control over the squad members.

When we approached Pakistan team’s Media Manager on the issue, he brushed aside all such rumours and stated that the squad was united under the leadership of captain Sarfaraz.

Pakistan only has three points from five games during the 2019 World Cup so far and their chances of qualifying for the semi-finals stage of the tournament are extremely slim. They will play their next match of the mega event against South Africa on Sunday, June 23 at the historic Lord’s Cricket Ground.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/n...eft-fuming-after-discord-within-pakistan-team

2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Sarfaraz gives heated warning to Pakistan team, says he won't be going home alone

MANCHESTER: Captain of the Pakistan team Sarfaraz Ahmed after the abysmal loss at the hands of India said to the teammates that he will not be the only one heading home in case of unfortunate events and they should up their performances.

Sources revealed to Geo News that the skipper in an emotional tone after the loss and immense criticism stated: “If anyone thinks that I will go home, then it is then it is their idiocy.”

“If God forbid something unfortunate happens, then I won’t be the only one going back home,” he said.

They further cited the captain saying that the players had their heads hung low due to guilt while some were refraining from speaking.

Sources revealed further that that no senior players made any comments on Sarfaraz’s speech including Mickey Arthur who remained silent.

He further stressed that everyone should forget what happened and move on.

“Forget the bad performance and uplift the team for the remaining four matches,” he stressed.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/4...wont-be-going-home-alone-if-something-happens

3. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Hmm... sounds like something is cooking. And if this is true, then it wouldnt be difficult to believe all this, specially Malik's role in all this. I heard similar story yesterday about this scum Imad from somebody.

4. harsha

harsha Youngsta Beauty

Nov 17, 2013
    It's about performances. Him accusing Imad and Babar of non performance when he has done **** all speaks about his insecurity.not surprised people are losing respect for him

5. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    There are rumors which echo what Sarfraz said here, so I dont think its just his own insecurity ... something certainly is not right.

6. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    So those rumours and the audio recording of some guy talking about grouping may well be true.

7. harsha

harsha Youngsta Beauty

Nov 17, 2013
    Which side has spread the rumours ? Spreading rumours like this only helps sarfraz

8. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I heard similar stories about Imad (and his group) from many others.

9. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    The writer of the article is Saleem Khaliq. Enough said.

10. harsha

harsha Youngsta Beauty

Nov 17, 2013
    Takes only one guy to spread the rumour initially.

From what it looks like as strictly an outsider and seeing sarfarazs behaviour on the field. His berating the players etc etc. He doesn't seem captaincy or leadership material. Not that I rate Kohli as a captain. He's not as tactically astute as ms or Rohit Sharma. The difference is that Kohli hasn't alienated them and instead made them into key members of decision making. Dhoni is still setting the fields for instance. Rohit has a good captaincy mind in terms of tactics and interaction with the bowlers. Sarfaraz is way lacking in that aspect of the game. His lack of performance with the bat and the general attitude with respect to fitness will have a trickle down effect as well

11. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Both conflicting articles. First one of grouping seems masala. Second one is believable as any Captain will be fuming after such a loss to arch rivals. But what did Sarfaraz himself did is also a big question. He was literally sleeping behind the wickets.

12. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    And the writer of the second article is Majid Bhatti. LOL

Sarfraz lobby at it again.

13. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Saleem Khaliq is one of those journalists who have spent the last few years protecting Sarfraz and making him seem the victim. Sarfraz has a very strong sports journist lobby that comes out to protect him every time he is under pressure.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  14. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Sarfaraz can not hide this time.

15. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    12 runs off 30 balls and getting bowled out by Vijay Shankar, what about that?

16. harsha

harsha Youngsta Beauty

Nov 17, 2013
    One of the wicketkeepers primary roles in the team (apart from keeping Is that he's responsible for ensuring people remain alert on the field and he directs the Fielding efforts etc.

What image does it portray when he yawns during a cricket match

17. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Maybe, maybe not, time will tell, but as I said, I heard it from different people who're in England and some are even following the team.

18. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Emerging Player

Apr 16, 2010
    I don't think I like the vibes coming out from Imad Wasim's demeanor.
    There is a hint of arrogance as if he thinks he is untouchable.

Won't be surprised that he has lost focus on improving his cricket, and moved on to team politics and eyeing to become a captain. If true, I am disgusted.

19. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Majid Bhatti to the rescue.

20. harsha

harsha Youngsta Beauty

Nov 17, 2013
    Who will be the loser after this soap opera ?

21. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    For some strange reason @Mercenary used to love cricketers known for their politics and behind the scene dirty tricks, biggest example was Shoaib Malik! He also rated Imad Wasim highly, I wonder if this was just a coincidence or........

• Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
    • List
  22. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I reckon all said players including captain.

23. harsha

harsha Youngsta Beauty

Nov 17, 2013
    Reckon the people

24. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Grouping within Pakistani team led to disgraceful defeat against India in World Cup: Media Report

ISLAMABAD - Grouping within Pakistani team led to disgraceful defeat against India in World Cup, Media Reports have surfaced.

Media eports are speculating about groupings within the Pakistani team.

The first group, including Imam-ul-Haq, Babar Azam, Asif Ali and Imad Wasim, in the team has been under the influence of Shoaib Malik, and chief selector Inzamam-ul-Haq is found to be their ‘team leader’.

The second group, including Fakhar Zaman, Haris Sohail, Shadab Khan, Hassan Ali and Mohammad Amir, has been led by skipper Sarfaraz Ahmed.

The split within the squad has unfolded severe consequences in terms of results in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.

Pakistani cricketers have been observed of extending hopes to the fans ahead of every match, but their failed performance in the field has evidently exhibited their “game of selfishness.”

https://timesofislamabad.com/17-Jun...efeat-against-india-in-world-cup-media-report

25. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    It might be just a coincidence that Mighty Malik and dashing Imam (upon who, the whole team depends) are partying one night before the game ...

[​IMG]

26. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Could be that they're blaming their incompetence on a secondary issue such as grouping.

Who even knows if this is true or not.

All mandala news thus far.

27. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Emerging Player

Apr 16, 2010
    Looks like Micky is also putting his weight behind the ouster of Sarfaraz.

Ideally, both should be sacked together with whoever is playing politics and grouping in the team - whether it's Imad Wasim or Wahab or whatever!

28. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    The way they played inka dope test lay. Charas pi keh agaye kelne ke liye. My younger sister told me everyone is very dissapointed because of match in her class. They have no shame. Little kids watch them with so much hope and then these beghairats at 2AM in morning are having shisha.

29. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Is there any way to confirm that this is actually the night before the match? Could just be political agenda creating.

I also see Wahab and Ms Malik. Can't tell who else is with them.

30. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Do some research online and you will find all details.

31. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Raju Jamil claimed that there is an on-going rift between skipper Sarfaraz Ahmed and veteran all-rounder Shoaib Malik, who is supported by Imam-ul-Haq, Asif Ali, Babar Azam and Imad Wasim.

The astonishing claims made by Raju Jamil indicated that chief selector Inzamam-ul-Haq is also involved in the matter and they are all conspiring to replace Sarfaraz Ahmed as captain with Imad Wasim.

Here are the voice notes (3 audio's):

https://propakistani.pk/2019/06/14/pcb-rejects-viral-audio-clips-on-lobbying-in-pakistan-team/

32. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    I posted this in the grouping thread.

But who the hell is Raju??

33. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Can’t wait for Mickey’s book where he will spill it all

34. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Bookie

35. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I just got this via email notification. Apparently has seems close to the cricketers .

36. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    The fuming would have worked if he himself was performing. Having read this, I am now very sure that Sarfaraz will not leave this team without making a huge fuss. He will use the KCCA card also.

37. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    What kind of nonsense is this. What do you want me to research? You are the one providing the picture and 'facts' - I am just asking you how you know this is, in fact, from the night before the match?

38. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    That pic was from Friday night

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

39. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Look, this is not first time you have used such words, either ignore my post or dont come back this such attitude again.

All these details were available before the game against India, thats why I said do your research.

40. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    Excuse me? I asked you a simple question about your evidence and you're telling me to go do research. How about you provide your research before you post something, instead of something that can be interpreted as fake news.

What words am I using that are so offensive to you? I'm merely responding to the attitude you're giving me.

I know the audio clip came out before the match against India, but these pictures started surfacing yesterday even before the match was over. What do you even want me to research? "Was Shoaib Malik smoking shisha on Saturday June 15th?" "Is Shoaib Malik starting a grouping within the team"

Absolute nonsense.