1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Sanath Jayasuria

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Bart, Apr 30, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Bart

Bart Administrator

Dec 18, 2009
    The guy is 40 years old and still has energy of a 20 year old. When do you suppose he will retire?

2. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    He is still athletic on the field but no way near what he used to be. Performs once in a blue moon. The likes of Jayasuria's and Tendulkar's should retire now regardless of how fit they are. Truth is it just gets boring watching them for so long. Great players, now retire thank you.

3. Bart

Bart Administrator

Dec 18, 2009
    I agree, he has not come up with a good knock in a while batting form is down but he makes up for it with his bowling too specially in limited overs cricket and T20s.

4. Rizzy

Rizzy Talented

Mar 1, 2010
    @ disco lemonade

Sanath has been losing form over the last couple of years and he only keeps his place due to the couple of wickets he gets every match and the fact that he is a senior play.

As for Tendulkar, he just keeps getting better the longer he plays and now he has perfectly adapted himself as a T20 player. I still think he has got at least 5 years left in him. His fielding has impressed me the most with his athletic dives he has been doing which shows he is still hungry for more, and just recently he made 200 runs in an ODI. Although India do have some up and coming talents I havent really seen anyone that has really impressed me, i'd rather watch him than some young indian flailing his batsman around like an idiot.

Just a personal opinion.

And if India lose with him in the side it just makes it all the more enjoyable.

5. Bublu Bhuyan

Bublu Bhuyan Banned

Feb 15, 2010
    I think Tendulkar has been awesome since the 2007 WC debacle. Jayasuriya lost his touch long ago, but Tendulkar is without a doubt the best batsman in the world right now, when it comes to both forms of the game. I can't think of anyone better than him right now in terms of Tests + ODIs.

P.S. Just checked Sachin's performance in Tests and ODIs since the last WC debacle -

Tests - 59.76

ODIs - 51.90 @ SR 89.20

6. Nadeem

Nadeem Emerging Player

Dec 22, 2009
    Apparently sanaths a MP back in Sri Lanka:))

7. Zain

Zain Youngsta Beauty

Feb 14, 2010
    Good player in poor form should retire.

8. Bublu Bhuyan

Bublu Bhuyan Banned

Feb 15, 2010
    Apparently lots of Lankan fans are tired of him. This is what happens when you overstay your welcome.

9. Bublu Bhuyan

Bublu Bhuyan Banned

Feb 15, 2010
    Jayasuriya's scores in the ongoing T20 WC -

vs New Zealand - 0*(0)

vs Zimbabwe - 2*(3)

vs West Indies - 6(10)

vs Australia - 5(14)

vs India - 0(5)

10. Rizzy

Rizzy Talented

Mar 1, 2010
    Should retire while he is still respected as a player. Sri Lankans might start hating him as he hasnt been performing for well over a year now.

11. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    Zaheer Abbas of Srilanka

12. Bublu Bhuyan

Bublu Bhuyan Banned

Feb 15, 2010
    What's the similarity that you notice between the two?