Prime Minister Imran Khan and PTI government - Performance watch thread

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Munna, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    LOL, he is trying desperately to prove his point without much luck. All his posts mean zilch.

People have their reasons to dislike IK. This one though dislikes him and his party because Khan supports Army & establishment (this is well documented in the following thread).

https://www.cricistan.com/threads/resistance-has-a-new-face.51591/page-2

If you mudsling at Army and establishment than you are great leader (i.e. Nawaz and Maryam), however, if you stand with them than you are "selected" and worse person on earth. So, its just that, in a nutshell.

2. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    But at the same time i will support army if it helps maulana and nawaz sharif. Lol

Anyways told you before you can argue with someone who is genuinely and honestly critcising something with the hope of betterment of Pakistan but not those who have agenda.

Im happy that at least all these liberals, religious, seculars, conservatives all under one umbreally exposing themselves.. like who would have thought Gul Bukhari defending Maulana or Bilawal defending a party who shared nude pics of his mother.

All these people have one aim ...and that is certainly not Pakistan but their corruption.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Indeed, the more they talk the more they'll be exposed.

And the most hilarious part was IK sold kashmir, that narrative has died after his speech.

I am certain, with his China visit starting tomorrow, they will find something to keep themselves busy .

4. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    This sold kashmir part was so exaggerated that it feels like kashmir was with Pakistan and taken over by India. It was always under india, they only changed the status of Kashmir.

Besides, they call IK selective and a puppet but at the same time IK is doing all this as welll.. just decide whether he is a puppet or most powerful person in Pakistan.

5. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    So what? It's a video. Talk about the content instead of the party. As always pti will never talk about actions.

6. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    BS, because it speaks volume about one's intention. As @Passionate Pakistani said, its not constructive criticism, mostly its propaganda.

7. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Their brain isnt develop in a way so that they can understand this.

8. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    IK being the most powerful guy in Pakistan is an exxageration. Army is by far the most powerful hence the army chief, core commanders, and the ISI chief have more authority than IK.

9. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012

BUT the issue is the guy used to be very democratic and Anti Establishment before he got the government. He even spoke out against the ISI agencies........Now he's in the bed with them.

PS. CoAS gone to China for official trip...the prime minister is also with him as a chapraasi and occasional sermons. Just gave a sermon on how he would want to put 500 ppl in jail if possible..

10. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    There are below kinds of Pakistanis currently
    .Pro army, who support IK because he is not anti army
    .Pro IK, who support IK and army because army backs him
    .Anti army, who support anyone but army and IK
    .Pro army, anti IK, pro nawaz, pro ppp
    .Pro army, anti IK, pro mullah brigade, pro nawaz
    .trying to understand wtf is going on

11. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    With IK taking all the limelight I can't fathom he went there as a chapraasi. But, army chief going with the PM is not a norm in Democratic countries. But then army chief was always strong and went on to trips even before Imran, so it is nothing new. For a layman, I don't care if army chief goes or not.

12. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    He can go everywhere in the world along with the PM but he has no right to meet the chinese PM right next to a democratically elected PM of a democratic government in an official meeting.

In the US, the Chief went to Pentagon along with his team without our Chapraasi PM and the PM came back feeling like winning the world cup while the Chief was still in Pentagon...And the Chief got a ceremony held along with guest status while IK was received by no one..

Kuch tu sharam honi chahiye yaar...Beghayrti ki bhe had hy.

13. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012

Do you think taking the limelight means he is also making the decisions? He has to literally take U turns just because his speech didn't match with the actions his masters wanted.

14. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    iZaman bhai beghairty is a word I would want my fellow Pakistanis to use lesser the better, or never because time and time again, our leadership including the army have proven to be beghairat, and also the society we have created is unfortunately very opportunist and an utmost beghairat society.

Back on Imran and the army chief, as I have said he is not the most powerful so yes the decision also lies with the army, which was always the case. The difference this time is unlike other political leaders, i.e. nawaz or zardari, the current chief and the co. actually looks upto IK. You have to give it to him, Imran is a star, he has created a persona where he has made the establishment to look upto him. The persona of born again Muslim and an individual highly popular among the elites and pop culture, and someone who also popular outside of Pakistan, yet he is not being anti army. He is ONE of the decision maker. This is what I make of the situation.

15. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    'Wish I could follow Xi's example and put 500 corrupt people in Pakistan in jail': PM Imran Khan

Prime Minister Imran Khan, who arrived in China on Tuesday morning, while addressing an event in Beijing said that he wished he could follow the example of Chinese President Xi Jinping and send 500 corrupt individuals in Pakistan to jail.

Speaking at the China Council for Promotion of International Trade, the premier said that one thing he had learned from China was how the country's leadership tackled corruption.

"One of President Xi Jinping's biggest crusade has been against corruption," he said, adding that he had heard that some 400 "ministerial-level people" had been convicted on charges of corruption and put behind jail in the last five years in China.

"I wish I could follow President Xi's example and put 500 corrupt people in Pakistan in jail."

However, he said that processing [cases] in Pakistan was "very cumbersome".

He counted corruption as one of the biggest impediments to investment in a country.

Prime Minister Imran said that the most important thing that Pakistan could learn from China was the way it lifted people out of poverty.

"What inspires me most about China is the way they have lifted 700 million people out of poverty in 30 years," he said. "This has never happened in human history."

The premier said that since his government had come to power, it had taken a conscious decision to make it easier for investors to come to Pakistan.

"We will want them to make profits in Pakistan.

"The Prime Minister's Office is driving opportunities for people to invest in our country. The ease of doing business is driven from the Prime Minister's Office. We have just formed a CPEC Authority because we were having problems in CPEC projects because they were under a lot of different ministries.

"We have now decided that there will be one authority which will resolve all the problems of CPEC, and that authority will be the Prime Minister's Office, so that my office can make it easier for people investing in Pakistan."

The premier recounted various steps that Pakistan had taken including the completion of phase one of the Gwadar Free Zone.

He said that there were various reasons for people to invest in Pakistan including its strategic location, its young population and the economic revival taking place in the country — particularly the strides made in the ease of doing business as well as the industrial clusters through special economic zones (SEZs).

Prime Minister Imran named the sectors Pakistan wanted Chinese investment in: textile, manufacturing, IT and financial services, physical and technological logistics, tourism and hospitality, food processing and agriculture, housing as well as in oil and gas.

The premier emphasised that now was the time to invest in Pakistan.

"The Prime Minister's Office will dealing with the major investors in our country and CPEC will be dealt again from the Prime Minister's Office.

"It's an exciting time in Pakistan because as we open up our country for business, it is a great opportunity for people to come and invest, and as we change the mindset in Pakistan, we want businesses to come and make money."

Later, the premier arrived at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing where his Chinese counterpart Li Keqiang received him.

According to Radio Pakistan, Prime Minister Imran was presented a guard of honour by a smartly turned out contingent at the official welcome ceremony where the national anthems for both China and Pakistan were played.

The Chinese premier was also introduced to members of the Pakistani delegation.

Earlier, China Gezhouba Group Chairman Lyu Zexiang, among other businessmen, called on the premier.

As per an FO press release, the China Gezhouba Group Corporation (CGGC) — one of the most competitive listed companies with very strong financing capabilities in China — showed keen interest in exploring new business avenues in Pakistan particularly in the energy sector.

Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi, Minister for Planning, Development and Reform Khusro Bakhtiar, Chairman Board of Investment Zubair Gillani, Federal Minister for Railways Sheikh Rashid Ahmad, Adviser to Prime Minister for Commerce, Textile, Industries, Production and Investment Abdul Razzak Dawood and Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Petroleum Nadeem Babar were present in the meeting.

PM's arrival in Beijing
    Prime Minister Imran arrived in Beijing on Tuesday morning. According to a Foreign Office (FO) press release, the premier was received by China's culture minister Luo Shugang, Chinese Ambassador to Pakistan Yao Jing and Pakistan's ambassador to China Naghmana Hashmi.

Upon his arrival, the prime minister was presented with the Tri Services Static Guard by a smartly turned out contingent.

On Monday, PM office said during his October 8-9 visit to China, Prime Minister Imran would meet with President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang in Beijing to discuss the security situation in the disputed region of Kashmir as well as economic ties.

"The visit will be instrumental in further cementing Pakistan’s economic, investment and strategic ties with China," PM Office said in a statement.

Ahead of the premier's departure, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa arrived in China on an official visit, the military's media wing said.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1509698/i...rupt-people-in-pakistan-in-jail-says-pm-imran

16. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    This statement speaks volume (he doesnt have power).

What he wants is not doable in fked up democratic system!

17. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Talented

Feb 5, 2014
    No politician in the history of politics from across the globe has EVER delivered everything in their manifesto... The only ones that can do that is dictators. The best you can do is hope they can get as much done as possible.
    Obviously xi is the unquestioned leader of China and even the army is sworn to the communist party.

18. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Ok. So basically PTI wants autocracy now.

Why do you guys live in Democratic countries and enjoy the benefits of it...such hypocrisy and fascism.

19. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    fascinating programme here- - I dont know about the validity of his information, or how accurate he has been proven to be in the past, but it certainly makes a lot of sense.

@Del - I think you'll find this interesting.

20. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Many thanks for sharing and indeed, it makes total sense. So its basically that begharit ganga, whi is pushing for it.

Shahbaz's narrative also make sense, because Maulana is the biggest lota.

My biggest disappointment is that, why this begharat ganga and her doofus daughter getting all these facilities INSIDE a jail?

@Passionate Pakistani thoughts on this video?

21. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    well his kutthee daughter is on remand, she is not serving a sentence, so I suppose she shouldn't be given the harshest treatment under the current law, but its a genuine disappointment that ganja has any facilities at all, especially after IK told everyone at the US salsa that he would have them removed - or essentially ensure that the law is upheld and he mistreated like any other prisoner. I suspect the law allows for people to upgrade their prison cells for a fee under present legislation, and thats whats happening. if its not that, and IK just hasnt followed through on his promise on reducing benefits for ganja, then IK has no one else to blame except himself, and it is totally unacceptable. goes to show that there is a strong argument to keep the death penalty under certain circumstances.

by the way, I thought his heart was about to pack in and he was in urgent need of foreign cardiologists, what the hell happened to that? it looks like he's getting stronger and stronger every day he's in prison. seems like it suits him.

also - for all those who say nothing happens without the decision of the establishment - does the establishment want this too?? in which case where is the criticism of FUR and ganja? hypocrites.

its good news if there is peace between Saudi and Iran, but I very much doubt it. his argument in that programme is bs about this issue - ie there is no way on earth that being reminded that the 'muslim ummah' is at stake is what changed their opinions.

what I suspect happened is that the last attack on the oil infrastructure showed the saudis that they are too vulnerable to sustain the belligerent anti Persian stance that they have kept so far, and that the war will come to home soil very quickly and easily. despite their immense spend on defence, they are essentially anationof cowards and idiots who dont know hoe to use the billions of dollars worth of second rate equipment they have been bribing the Americans by purchasing.

on the Persian side, if the saudis back off on aggression, there is a reduction in the pressure for trump to continue hardening sanctions - the only motive to do so coming from Israel, and I reckon for trump, the business opportunities in iran for the us oil companies to export technology will be a stronger temptation than appeasing zionist party donors in the US, in the face of what looks like an immanent US recession on the cusp of a new election cycle (note Germany is already in recession, the UK has narrowly avoided it, and after multiple years of monetary expansion and currency inflation through QE, unravelling was always on the cards).

22. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    well looks like its official. shabby has mysteriously developed a back ache that has stopped him having to go and agree with his convict brother:

https://arynews.tv/en/nawaz-sharif-support-jui-f-azadi-march/

LAHORE: Former prime minister and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz supremo Nawaz Sharif Thursday announced full support of his party for JUI-F’s Azadi March, ARY News reported.

The announcement was made in a letter penned by Sharif from the Kot Lakhpat jail to Jamiat Ulam-e-Islam-Fazal (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazal-ur-Rehman.

He extended full support of his party for Fazal’s Azadi march and said the party leaders fully endorse your decision of the march.

Shehbaz Sharif had to meet his elder brother Nawaz Sharif at Kot Lakhpat Jail in Lahore today to take a final decision over the issue, but he couldn’t visit jail due to his backache,” party sources had said.

The doctors had advised the PML-N President to take rest, sources added.

JUI-F chief Maulana Fazal-ur-Rehman had earlier announced that his party will begin its anti-government movement on September 27.

The Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz had earlier urged Rehman to delay the march, whereas, Pakistan People’s Party chief Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari had said that his party would only extend moral support to the JUI-F cause.

23. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    At this point, after seeing all this crap it's crystal clear that IK doesnt have power. Its utter failure of judiciary that Ganga has all these perks and facilities inside the freaking jail, because it dont understand this crazy legislation, according to which, thugs can upgrade their prison cells for a fee - WHERE IN THE WORLD DOES THIS HAPPENS? Only in Pakistan. Is it punishment or paid vacation? Whats the difference if he is at home or in jail? Pathetic !!!

24. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Well they have been in power for three times. What else do you expect ? They have their people everywhere in every organisation and everywhere.. IK cant run after everyone

I always maintained their biggest crime is not their financial corruption but polluting the whole system and corrupting the nation.

25. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    listening to a bunch of chat shows on the upcoming march, and criticisms of the present government, ultimately everything seems to come down to two things. 1) loads of over promised/broken promises from the government, and 2) economic problems, and the rampant inflation.

im so sick of reading bullshit from commentators, ministers and of course the CS patwaris who quote the PMLN media cells with no understanding of what they are talking about that i figured I would write a summary.

in the first instance, I think I speak for most PTI supporters when I say im frustrated at over promises and politicking, and the underestimation of the gravity of the situation by IK and the PTI government both before taking parliament and after. I can understand why that happened though: a combination of lack of expertise, the necessity to change a government full of traitors hell bent on destroying the country, and having to use an 'electable' political class created by a combination of the utterly incompetent trio of PPP/PMLN AND JUI. but anyway, I think there is a legitimate debate in this regard, and whatever the result of whether their failed promises are acceptable or not, they are still so far ahead of the PMLN and PPP that its not worth a serious conversation for anyone with much intelligence - an obvious proof of this is the fact that half the prisons are full of PMLN and PPP politicians from the highest strata downwards.

on the economy, there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that the country was left bankrupt by a series of previous governments that have absolutely destroyed the country. business cycles and economies of 200mm people are not fixed in a year, and anyone who expects that is an idiot or a manipulator. this is the same kind of frustration that the people of Egypt were brainwashed into protesting about - also led to believe by foreign sponsored traitorous domestic proxies that things should have improved within a couple of years - the result? Sisi: a Mubarak v2.0, and the people are not back to their starting point, they are thirty years behind where they were, and deserve all their totalitarian suffering as a result, whilst the country is controlled by foreign sovreignties.

this is what is happening in pakistan too, with the amount of disinformation that is being pushed everywhere, to a people that are struggling because of the policies of previous governments.

on the economy, its not difficult to understand what is going on, for anyone who wants to spend a bit of time on it. the simplest analogy is a household finance. suppose a family starts to suffer. the father starts bleeding off money to a foreign mistress, buying her an apartment and giving her a maintenance. to allay fears of dropping standards in the house, and suspicion from the wife and kids, he borrows from the bank, to buy trinkets and plastic toys and costume jewellery. because he is not concentrating on his work - say a shop - because he spending time with his mistress, his job suffers, and he makes less money. the family are used to trinkets though, so he has to buy more and more of them to ensure they are happy and allow him to continue his sordid affair. the mistress needs to be maintained too, otherwise theres a risk the truth comes out. the solution? borrow more from the bank. that process can keep going, until it reaches a natural end. the job ends because he has been so bad at working, the bank stops getting paid its interest and suspends any further loans and begins the process to repossess the house to pay back outstanding loans. the father runs away to the mistress, and the wife and kids are left out on the street with nothing to live on, cursing their stupidity in being persuaded by worthless trinkets, and their view being blinded of what was really going on.

thats what has happened in pakistan, or at least the first three quarters of it has. its standard "economic hitman" protocol, and theres plenty of youtube links explaining the same process from experts - look up "economic hitman".

so how do you stop that? if the family do realise what's going on, perhaps a relative persuades them that the father is not who he says he is, or at the very least, off they are not persuaded of the mistress, but are told about how the job is suffering, how are things fixed to prevent that eviction onto the streets? theres still interest on massive loans to pay, and the loans themselves to pay back. the shop income is still waning. the family are still used to a particular standard of living. the first thing anyone would do in that situation is to cut spending, and try to increase income, to stop the need to keep borrowing - stop buying things they cant afford. its relatively easy to cut spend, you just try to persuade the family that they will have to make do. how do you increase income? buy stock for the shop to sell on? buy an investment property to build some dependable long term income? whatever you do to try to make money, you'll have to borrow more to set it up. the difference between this borrowing and previous is that the previous borrowing was to hide irresponsibility and economic failure, as can be seen by the widening gap between income and expenditure, the increasing spend, the decreasing income. this, however is productive borrowing the hope being that it brings that income/expenditre into a positive territory, and with any positive balance, the idea would then be to pay back the mountain of debt. this should also be visible in the balance between income and expenditure, once the stock has been bought and set up and advertised in the shop, or once an investment property has been bought.

for anyone looking at this scenario, its very easy to see how this is directly analogous to a macro economy, and how after egregious economic destruction, the recovery process will take an immense amount of time. but you can also see from this story, where you would expect to see improvements first, and where metrics will worsen.

sure enough, thats what is already happening in pakistan, under the present government. the risk with looking at things at this point is that with a precarious, almost bankrupt economy, any external shock can derail an attempt to fix things. a global war, an oil price shock, and of course domestic instability based on lies and power politics for the corrupt. so although the signs all seem to be pointing in the right direction for a recovery, these indicators are volatile.

the most basic early indicators are currency and stock markets - they are the first in general to mark a change of direction - but they are also the most volatile, and so can switch and turn and give off false signals too. (this is why stockbrokers make so much money, its hard to read these trends - unlike the patwaris who became overnight experts a couple of months ago).

we can see in the charts below that both the currency and the stock market have stabilised and improved.

the next set of metrics are coincident indicators: balance of trade/current account/exports - all of which are different ways of looking at the same thing, the balance between incomings and outgoings, and the charts here show an astonishing reversal in trends, for which the government should be heartily congratulated. part of this is also tax collection. bear in mind that the individual tax rate in pakistan is 20%, in india its closer to 35%. its no wonder they have twice the gdp/capita - another horrific indictment of previous governments and their incompetence.

finally we have debt and fiscal budget - these are lagging indicators, and equivalent to the constructive debt described above that is inescapable. these are scary indicators, and their success of failure is seen in the current account and its proxies as above. the issue with laypeople and idiots is that there are many things that can shift a current account, there are lags, and unless you look at things with an informed point of view its easy to misinterpret the statistics. eg an artificially propped currency is one of the uses of that destructive debt. all it does is further increase the trade deficit and consequently the current account deficit which can be seen from the charts under the tenure opt the previous governments. devaluation causes a short term lag on export growth, since export industries are dependent in imported raw materials in general, which become more expensive with devaluation led inflation. of course the political liars and idiots have been screaming about inflation as the great evil and a sign of failure of the present government - without the context of a) it not even being as bad as it has been historically and b) had it not happened, we would have gone into bankruptcy. this dishonest, deceitful lying is equivalent to treachery of the country.

that in a nutshell is what is going on, and below is the evidence. so next time some Patwari shit tries to quote some decontextualised economic measures without any understanding and with the sole purpose of self interest, here's some context. I'll attach most of the charts in the next post because the formatting is messing up in this one.

first, a leading indicator, the stock market. note the 20% increase over the past two months. not very surprisingly, the PMLN traitors who were sudden stock market experts have been completely silent. stock markets and currency markets usually predict recoveries way ahead of anything else, but are not dependable indicators.

Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 00.37.07.png

and the currency, note the stability over the past two months too.

Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 00.37.39.png

26. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    here's an indication of just how bad previous governments have been, gdp per capita for pakistan, india and Bangladesh. this is indicative of the previous couple of decades worth of economic success of failure:

Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 00.38.28.png Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 00.38.58.png Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 00.39.18.png

here is some context to inflation. core inflation is defined separately from food inflation. food inflation looks worse than core inflation, so lets use total inflation which captures both:

Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 00.41.28.png

note that not only was it much higher less than ten years ago, its not totally out of the realms of historic precedent tha everyone is up in arms about. besides, the inflation is a direct result of Dar's policy of keeping the rupee overvalued throughout his tenure - this is all because of the PMLN policy.

her's some more context, long term inflation trends in pakistan. we can see how overstated this is by the current opposition. its dishonest.

Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 00.41.48.png

27. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    so inflation is a straw man, its not an argument that has any credibility in the context of previous regimes.

next: coincident indicators: balance of trade, current account and exports. these are all rough measures of that difference in family spend and income in the story above. once this is under control, you at first borrow less incrementally than before, and if you manage to create a surplus, you start paying off your debts - but this obviously takes a long time.

balance of trade is the difference between imports and exports. the current account is the difference between government income and expenditure, and exports is a measure of how well the shop is starting to do. in all cases you can see context of just how bad the previous governments have been and why experts talk of previous governments absolutely destroying the country:

the first chart shows you how bad the past few governments have been, and how once a negative trade balance gets out of hand, it feeds of itself and gets worse and worse. its incredibly difficult to stop. this is the difference with what the last government and this government are doing.

Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 00.42.33.png

the second chart is the same measure but on a different time scale, so you can see the stability and the beginning soil improvement in the current government.

Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 00.42.41.png

the next chart is the current account, and like the previous one, you can see the improvements being made by the current government.

Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 00.43.11.png

and here's another snap shot of the same measure on a longer time scale, so you can see just how bad the past government was, and how much damage they created:

Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 00.43.37.png

final chart in this post is exports. notice the stagnation and decline in the previous government. this is a proxy measure for the amount of money the shop is making. looks like Nawaz was off having his affair with corruption, rather than concentrating on the shop. note how things have improved - this is a direct result of PTI policy, foreign trade relations because of IK (not SMQ) and the devaluation of the rupee:

Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 00.45.31.png

28. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    last two charts now, and these are the lagging indicators that the patwaris love quoting, both measuring the same thing - increased debt. the first chart is total external debt, which is increasing because the country is spending to make the shop work, and the previous post shows that its working. the second chart is another way of looking at a similar thing - its the fiscal budget which is a measure the government spend vs government income. this is different from the current account because the current account is total income for the country including remittances, exports, taxes, minus imports. the fiscal balance is government income minus government expenditure. any shortfall in general is paid for by an increasing debt burden, so both measures are linked.

predictably for any household trying to fix their economic situation, or a country, both these measures as lagging indicators, continue to rise. this is not necessarily a sign of economic problems. if increased debt does not lead to better current account and balance of trade, then increasing debt is a problem, like in the previous country's tenure:

Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 00.44.47.png Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 00.51.12.png

29. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Stats are the new rhetoric in this day and age. You can twist anything you want but the fact that is unchanged is that things were getting better for a common man in NS era whereas now every single person who has ANY business/job and has to deal with daily household prices is abusing the Tabdeeli and IK.

• Disagree / Dislike Disagree / Dislike x 1
    • List
  30. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Also| I am loving the new change in the winds. Finally, the establishment is looking broken from the inside.

31. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Talented

Feb 5, 2014
    Why are people bashing Khan for over promising?
    No politician on the face of the earth has ever delivered on every single promise and people for criticise Khan are either being naive or cynical. It's just a reality of politics. The only people that can deliver everything are dictators or to a lesser extent autocrats.

Simple acid test is 'Is Pakistan better under Khan?'
    On a plus point for khan Khan has shown great competence and resolve on international affairs and handled certain high risk incidents that could have resulted in catastrophic conflict very very well (note @s_h_a_f no other countries have been mentioned) even to the point that aggressors have realised that any attempt to compromise the territorial integrity of Pakistan will be robustly answered.. Back to the point at hand, could previous incumbents have managed that?

32. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Talented

Feb 5, 2014
    Stats are stats mate, either they are right or they are wrong.. They are not rhetoric. If things are as bad as you say for the average man then that will be reflected in elections as being a populist leader is a double edged sword.

33. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    It’s awesome to see the PMLN literally disintegrating in front of us as the noose tightens on their criminality and it’s better seeing the panic in the eyes of supporters of criminals.

anyone see the Gil bukhari tweet where she put up a photo of Shahbaz with the title ‘this is the face of a munafiq “? Awesome.

34. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    Stats are the new rhetoric? What does that even mean?

It is a fact that things were getting better for the average man under the PMLN because they were bankrupting the country to buy votes - that’s what can be seen from those charts above.

things are more difficult now because to avoid things getting massively worse, that mismanagement needs to be arrested.

it’s black and white from those charts above, but it does require some intelligence to understand them.

35. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Stats are new rhetoric - this kinda BS only can be expected from somebody who copy & paste details from PML-N home page when he is nothing concrete to say.

[​IMG]

36. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    but but but, under the PTI I thought there was no accountability for the army?? I thought the army was running everything an coudl do what they wanted?? so how do we explain this?

"The brief statement by the ISPR further said the officers were found guilty of charges levelled against them and two have been awarded “rigorous imprisonment for two years each”.

In August, the Army had also dismissed a major rank officer from service for misusing authority and sentenced him to life imprisonment.

Army chief ratifies life sentence for serving major over misuse of authority

The sentence, passed after the officer was tried by a field general court-martial, was confirmed by Chief of the Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa.

Earlier, a three-star retired general had been sentenced to 14 years in prison and a retired brigadier awarded the death sentence by field general court-martial on charges of espionage and leaking “sensitive information” to foreign agencies.

According to ISPR, General Bajwa endorsed the punishment to the officers on the charges of “espionage and leaking of sensitive information to foreign agencies prejudice to national security”.

The officers — identified by the military’s media wing as Lieutenant General (retd) Javed Iqbal, Brigadier (retd) Raja Rizwan and Doctor Wasim Akram — were tried under the Pakistan Army Act and Official Secrets Act by separate field general court martial in separate cases.

Former army chief General (retd) Raheel Sharif had also dismissed 11 military officers over corruption charges which included one lieutenant general, one major general, five brigadiers, three colonels and one major."

https://tribune.com.pk/story/207717...officers-misuse-authority-illegal-activities/

37. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    ^

Ironic that you can't see the issue here. As always the Army is the judge, jury and the law. How do we know this was a fair trial? How do we know what else is being hidden? Where can we file a case on the dozens of army officers who were found in Panama leaks or found doing corruption or they misused their authority or the money trail of the Islands they are able to buy after their retirement.

the army should be accountable to the Supreme Court just like any other institute.

38. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012

Arif Hameed Bhatti, one of the most pro-pti youthiya anchors is showing the face to PTI..

39. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    thats not the meaning of irony as it happens but..

wait a second - didn't you post up something about how the Panama leaks was a load of tosh not long ago? now its valid because of the army people in it? didnt you say that the justice system because of the avenfield case judge was compromised, but now you think its supreme justice?

Is it even possible for you to take one position and stick to it?

40. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012

LOL!

1. Air Marshal admits they brought the PTI government.
    2. Bashes PTI for not being able to show performance according to the expectations. Basically says the establishment brought them cuz they thought they would perform but it turned out IK was a hoax.