PCB fines Umar Akmal for late night outing during Australia ODIs

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Munna, Apr 1, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    The criminal punishment was given by the courts. The PCB/ICC punishment for the players was a ban from ICC organised international cricket or foreign leagues and a ban from PCB organised domestic cricket too.

Most employers will dismiss or sanction an employee for committing certain crimes as part of their employment.

2. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    Who was sharjeel, danish, jamshed groomed by then? I’m not sure anyone here has claimed that a curfew would be a 100% failsafe method for the prevention of fixing or why it needs to be for it to be a sensible measure to take. It’s about the risk management not eradication, obviously.

Measures that all teams have made in terms of various restrictions whether it’s phone use, limitations on company they keep or curfew are pretty damning statements in this ridiculous notion of unfettered freedom. In our case, of kids from disadvantaged backgrounds, conservative cultures and inexperience of the world ready to be groomed and tempted, it’s beyond belief that anyone would advocate no control.

Outside of cultural or religious rebels - I can’t see how anyone would make this case anywhere on the planet.

3. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Most of the 90s corrupt crowd centered around Saleem Malik and his connections. Grooming of players happens through people they know and trust.

People have these fantasies about players going out and getting seduced by bond girls who make them fall in love with them and then corrupt them into fixers and cheaters.

The reality is far less glamorous. Usually one of their fellow players or staff around the team approach them and befriend them. They start them small with things like spotfixing which doesn't affect the result of the game but makes them good money. Then it goes from there.

4. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Doing what he wants in his "personal life" doesnt apply here since he violated a curfew. He's lucky he got off with a 20% fine. He's an absolute dumbass whom I've supported for a long time but now I'm sick and tired of his antics. He does not care about playing international cricket. He'll always be a child who needs a babysitter at all times. Not worth the trouble.