Pakistan's World Cup 2015 Shirt (Pepsi Clarification #107)

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by chandtara, Dec 11, 2014.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  2. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Saw somewhere but don't know if it was authentic or not. It was same light green like WC 1992. Maybe it was a rumor let me find that picture.

3. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    [​IMG]
    P.S. Not authentic maybe it is fake. But I like this color. It is I think the same kit used in 1992 WC.

4. hussain.r97

hussain.r97 Youngsta Beauty

May 29, 2013
    I somehow doubt it'll be the exact same, but they should make it similar, that would be nice. I'd really like to see the light green back, I prefer it to the darker shades, and it also stands out from the other green teams.

5. hussain.r97

May 29, 2013

This is the fan shirt you can get from the ICC website. The white logo would definitely not be there either. Definitely love the colour though

6. hussain.r97

May 29, 2013
    This has got to be Pakistan's best ever jersey. [​IMG]

7. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011

Not fitting wise though. :fp

8. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    '99 jerseys were classics!

9. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Light green has been a lucky charm for us in world cup.

10. ManHOOS

ManHOOS Talented

Sep 19, 2010
    Fake might be some fan using Photoshop free time

11. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    I don't think the ICC would allow Pakistan to wear a shirt like the 1992 edition because there are usually some sort of uniform rules in place? They can't have one side in the WC wearing a retro kit which looks totally out of the place unless other teams are doing something similar

12. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    we need to change this green color.. as said by Fawad in other thread

13. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Drawing upon Australia's proud history in limited overs cricket, the Australian squad will revert to a predominantly gold playing kit for its home campaign having worn a mostly dark green uniform for home One-Day Internationals since the 2006-07 season.

The move to the gold uniform, which was worn by Australia's successful 1999, 2003 and 2007 World Cup teams, is complemented by a design featuring the five stars of the Southern Cross and modern touches including a lightweight fabric for comfort in hot summer conditions.

Australian captain Michael Clarke said he welcomed the return to the all-gold uniform.

"The World Cup is the pinnacle of the one-day game, so to unveil our uniform today ahead of such a big tournament is special moment," Clarke said.

[​IMG]

Skipper Michael Clarke wearing Australia's 2015 World Cup uniform

"I think it looks great. We're back in Australian gold, which we hope will bring us luck like past World Cup winning teams.

"It will be a big build-up to the tournament and no doubt there will be with plenty of players around the country trying their hardest to earn one of these uniforms."

To give Australian cricket fans the opportunity to support their team, ASICS has today released replica Cricket World Cup shirts for fans. This shirt is a replica of what the Australian team will wear and has been designed and developed with the players.

ASICS is the Official Performance Apparel sponsor of Cricket Australia. The new Australian Cricket World Cup shirt is available at all major sports stores, at all Australian matches throughout the summer and from asics.com.au. The shirt is priced at RRP$119.95 for the men’s replica and RRP$99.95 for women’s and youths replica shirts. For more information about the kit or stockists visit http://www.asics.com.au/ and to find out more about the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 visit www.cricketworldcup.com .

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/australia-2015-icc-cricket-world-cup-uniform/2014-11-06

14. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
  15. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    This is also on TenSports FB page.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418300322.562725.jpg

16. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011

THE COLOURS OF 1992 ARE BACK!

As the ball sailed back over Imran Khan’s head and into the safe hands of Ramiz Raja, the world stood and applauded a resilient Pakistan team who had just claimed its maiden ICC Cricket World Cup crown.

[​IMG]
    David Boon in action at the ICC Cricket World Cup 1992

Despite narrowly scraping into the knockout stages of the 1992 tournament, the lime-green sub-continental team had pushed through to topple title favourites and co-hosts New Zealand, before beating England in the final at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. And as the confetti fell, it brought to an end a memorable tournament for more reasons than one.

It was a tournament of firsts. It was the first time the ICC Cricket World Cup was held in the Southern Hemisphere with trans-Tasman rivals Australia and New Zealand welcoming the world into their backyard. It also marked South Africa’s first appearance in an ICC Cricket World Cup and was the first time white balls and black sight screens were used in the tournament’s history.

However, all these years on, perhaps the change 1992 will most remembered for was this: It was the first time the ICC Cricket World Cup ever saw coloured player clothing. And boy, did the teams take the idea and run with it!

From Pakistan’s green get-up to the canary yellow of Australia’s kit, the royal blue of Sri Lanka, the rosewood red of the West Indies, the baby blue of England, the forest green of South Africa, the oxford blue of India, the candy apple red of Zimbabwe and the powder grey of New Zealand, every team had its own unique colour representing it. A rainbow strip across the top linked all nations to the one common goal – to be the best cricketing nation in the world.

These were the playing kits that inspired generations of sports apparel, that sparked the retail sale of replica cricket gear worldwide and, over 20 years on, are still arguably the most iconic of all time.

Now, they’re back by two decades’ worth of popular demand. And you can own your very own by heading to shop.cricketworldcup.com .

In 2015, the nine nations from that year – along with five relative newcomers – will return to Australia and New Zealand in the hope of holding the ICC Cricket World Cup trophy aloft. Will you be there showing pride in the original colours of your nation?

http://www.icc-cricket.com/cricket-...d-specials/81525/the-colours-of-1992-are-back

17. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
  18. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    My favourite shirt of all time!

19. Chishti

Chishti Formerly 'Winsome'

Jan 27, 2012
    My favourite jerseys were of 1992 and 2003

20. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    The grestest Pakistan jersey off all time imo!

Shoaib exhibits it beautifully!!

21. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
  22. Prince of Pakistan

Prince of Pakistan Talented

Jun 16, 2012
    Is it exactly the same? This looks so old-fashioned.

23. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    I hope this happens. Will definitely buy one.

But we better win this WC then...

24. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Thanks. I may purchase one.

25. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    All set for the World Cup win I guess :)

26. Prince of Pakistan

Jun 16, 2012
    Lol @ all the superstitious Pakistani fans. I guess its good for the morale.

27. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011

irony of kingofdoosra liking your post. :fp

28. Prince of Pakistan

Jun 16, 2012

:rofl

29. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    My heart wrote that post earlier on but my brain liked your post :shrug

30. Prince of Pakistan

Jun 16, 2012

Seems like your organs are out of control. I wonder what happened. :shrug

31. hussain.r97

May 29, 2013
    Don't think they'll use the '92 jersey, but I really want them to go back to the light green colour, and stick to it. It's more original, luckier, and looks better IMO.

32. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
  33. Prince of Pakistan

Jun 16, 2012

Why are you bursting their bubble? They all thought they already have won the world cup. :rofl

34. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
  35. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    No point getting jerseys.. They change after every few months anyway.. :shrug

36. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    Its a fake news.

They should go with dark green and silver (instead of white/yellow/gold), will look great imo.

37. CleverSirMC

CleverSirMC Youngsta Beauty

Jul 24, 2010
    Its not for the '15 WC. They're just remaking these for the sake of nostalgia and selling merchandise before the WC.

38. Rizwan Qureshi

Rizwan Qureshi Youngsta Beauty

Oct 2, 2012
  39. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
  40. Desi_Joker

Desi_Joker Tracer Bullet

Jun 18, 2012
    Thank God they're not bringing back the '92 jerseys. This team would ruin the memory of a World Cup winning jersey by donning it and doing horribly in this edition of the WC.