1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Pakistani Super League kicks off - First impressions?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by chandtara, Feb 4, 2016.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    So we are well and truly under way. An opening ceremony that seemed to go on for ever followed by a pretty one sided game comfortably won by the Quetta Gladiatiors over Islamabad United.

What are people's first impressions? How was the crowd? Would love to hear from @Munna who was amongst them today. How did the pitch play? From first viewing will the tournament be a success?

2. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
    Pretty good. If we can get the final in Pakistan next year, it would be great.

3. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    Thought it was good, it is exciting that Pakistan has its first internationally recognized T20 league, one more team would have been nice though.

4. Bouncer

Bouncer Talented

Jan 14, 2010
    People who normally get ignored in favor of Shahzad, Anwar Ali, Professor, Gul, Sohail Taaveer, Irfan etc will get noticed when they perform against foreign players. THAT to me is the best thing that is going to come from PSL.

You will also get rid of inferiority complex that Pakistani players have at world level which hinders them to perform at int'l level.

5. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    I'm really hoping our domestic batsman perform and gain some confidence before they are launched into international games. It was good to see Nawaz getting that opportunity with both bat and ball

6. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Its the first season, so that's probably the reason for the 5 teams...id expect other teams to be added next season hopefully (ideally there should be 7/8 teams imo)

7. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    Not had a chance to watch the game or anything, followed it on CI. So will pass judgement when I watch a game or two.

But one thing the PCB has got right and should be applauded is the social media aspect, a department they lacked in previously, who evers running the account is doing a good job, minute by minute updates, decent hashtags, interacting with fans etc. PSL is covered well on social media.

8. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    I don't how it all appeared on TV, but tbh it was a very impressive opening ceremony. Those wrist band lights created an awesome effect throughout the stadium. We actually felt like a part of all action taking place in the centre.
    Sound was a bit let down though, hardly could understand what was being spoken on those mics and the music even wasn't clear.

Crowd was really involved in the game. It was evident they were there to support the league and watch some good cricket. Though the match turned out to be a bit dull from entertainment point of view, but still people passed on great appreciation for every good ball, shot played, or fielding effort.

Arrangements in the stadium were surprisingly much better than I've experienced before during international games there.

Its a perfect weather to have this league in UAE and the buzz is surely there among people here now... so expect really good crowds on weekends.

I'm surely going to attend a couple of more games at DSC!

9. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    P.S: Mexican wave was well coordinated and I think that reverse sweep guy with his group was sitting behind us chanting that "Tara reera roora rara... HOO HAA HOO HAA" slogan throughout.

10. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    Not a big fan of tamasha leagues but its good to have our own tamasha as well.

Doubt it will help upcoming players much as most of the players will be either foreign or national players.

11. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Very impressive ceremony to mark the occasion telling the world that we can organize our own league too and that too in a grand manner!! Welldone PCB for once!

12. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    Nice to see Pakistan have their own league.

13. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Its getting better!

14. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    As said above not really a fan of these leagues but its good to have cake everyone is having.
    The excitement is really here in pakistan, its attracting alot of activity and money, hope it will help our cricket and it looks like it will.

not happy that a karachiite is not leading the karachi team :(

15. raamishasadraza

raamishasadraza Talented

Feb 25, 2014
    i
    it does help upcoming players, we dont have cricket in pakistan so domestic talent dont have time to shine. in this league they do, and they will learn from international players as well. psl will help.

16. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    So far, most Pak batsmen are failing to impress. Are we really that bad now? Look at the freedom Shakib & Simmons played with.

Caught the tailend of Karachi's win...good coverage. Need a bigger crowd though.

17. Questioner

Questioner Talented

Jul 1, 2013
    Couldn't follow the opening match but followed the other match and the quality was quite good.

18. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Lahore will be the weakest team as they have the weakest captain.

19. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    I am pleasantly surprised at the production quality and broadcast. Graphics and camerawork are of international quality.

Glad they are not going overboard with advertising having phrases like Citi Moment of Success or DLF Maximum.

So far it has been a good show arranged by PCB.

20. Chishti

Chishti Formerly 'Winsome'

Jan 27, 2012
    Ever year a team will be included and total teams would be 12 after 7 years.

21. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    I think this venture will be very costly for pcb unless organised in Pakistan. I doubt we will see any other season..may be these big names wont even turn up.

22. Chishti

Chishti Formerly 'Winsome'

Jan 27, 2012
    کوئی چنگی گل وی کر لئی کر

23. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    The production quality is very good. Very professional.