Pakistan will play semifinal of World Cup 2019: Ganguly (Pakistan can win 2019 WC: Ganguly - upd-9 )

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, May 15, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 1)

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    "Pakistan's record in world tournaments in England is remarkable. Green Shirts won the Champions Trophy two years ago, they won the 2009 World T20 in England."

Ganguly did not shy to state: "Pakistan always play well in England. You see the last game in England. England got 374 and Pakistan just lost by 12 runs. They also beat England in England in Test matches there because of their bowling lineup."

The former captain of Indian cricket team was,however, quick to add that Virat Kohli's men should not be wary of Pakistan and they would prove to be strong contenders.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/4...ay-semifinal-of-world-cup-2019-sourav-ganguly

2. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    I won’t be surprised if Pak does reach the semis. They do raise their game in Eng when it matters.

3. TaQvinaToR

TaQvinaToR Youngsta Beauty

Sep 28, 2018
    With T20 bowlers as our opening attack. Im sure Faheem Ashraf and Shaheen will have to sweat it all out

4. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    Depends on that opening game...if we can manage to get off to a good start and win against a good Windies side (Inn Shaa Allah) then we can ride the tournament wave.

5. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    I don't think so...
    My SF sides.

India
    Australia
    England
    NZ/WI/SA.

Sent from my QMobile i6i using Tapatalk

6. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    The last slot of open for three including Pakistan according to many experts. NZ/PAK/SA/.

7. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    Are those "experts" Pakistani?
    WI is doing much better than Pakistan at the moment.

Sent from my QMobile i6i using Tapatalk

8. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    No, Indian's included, because on Pakistan's game in ENG - i.e. refer to OP, also Kapil and another (I cant recall his name) said the same.

9. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Pakistan can win 2019 World Cup: Ganguly

Former India Cricketer Sourav Ganguly has tipped Pakistan as one of the favourites to lift the upcoming International Cricket Council (ICC) 2019 World Cup considering their impressive record in England.

Ganguly believes Pakistan will display a strong showing in the mega event, since they have previously won ICC tournaments in England.

While talking to Press Trust of India, Ganguly said: “Pakistan’s record in England is remarkable. They won the Champions trophy two years ago and also won the 2009 WT20 in England.”

The 46-year-old was also impressed with Pakistan’s effort in the second One-day International (ODI) against England, in which they only lost by 12 runs while chasing a mammoth target of 374.

“Pakistan always play well in England. You see the last game in England. England got 374 and Pakistan just lost by 12 runs. They also beat England in England in Test matches there because of their bowling line-up,” he said.

However, Sourav Ganguly also didn’t shy away from heaping praise on Virat-led India side and emphasised that India has enough depth in their ranks to counter any threat from Pakistan during the crucial encounter between both teams on June 16.

“I don’t believe in records. Both of them will have to play well on that particular day,” he said. “India has the likes of Kohli, Rohit and Shikhar Dhawan which makes them very hard to beat.”

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/news/detail/pakistan-can-win-2019-world-cup-ganguly

10. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    I think that unpredictability factor dies itself when everyone says that Pakistan normally do well in England.

People are not writing us off which is actually a bad thing for us haha

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Former Indian Skipper Ganguly makes new predictions about Pakistan team in World Cup

Speaking to Press Trust of India Ganguly said, “Pakistan’s record in world tournaments in England is remarkable. They won the Champions Trophy two years ago, they won the 2009 World T20 in England.”

“England has always been a happy hunting ground for Pakistan during world tournaments. Their recent success in the multi-nation tournament in England came when they defeated India in the final of 2017 Champions Trophy,” he added.

Citing the recent example of Pakistan’s second one-day international against England, in which they almost chased down a mammoth 374 before going down by only 12 runs, Ganguly said, “Pakistan always play well in England.

You see the last game in England. England got 374 and Pakistan just lost by 12 runs. They also beat England in England in Test matches there because of their bowling lineup.”

However, he added that Virat Kohli-led India should not be wary of Pakistan and they would prove to be strong contenders when they meet in their June 16 clash at Manchester. “I don’t believe in records.

Both of them [Pakistan and India] will have to play well on that particular day. India will be a very good side. They will be very hard to beat. Team which has the likes of Kohli, Rohit, Shikhar Dhawan can’t be weak.

https://timesofislamabad.com/17-May...-predictions-about-pakistan-team-in-world-cup