Pakistan Beat India by 5 wickets in the warm up game - Post Match discussion

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by chandtara, Sep 17, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Pakistan chase down 186 thanks to a fabulous 92* from Kamran Akmal.
    Discuss today's game here.

2. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    When Malik is in form he should always bat at number 4, he is the engine of the team

3. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    wow, what a roller coaster that was. It was great to see us chase 185, even in a warmup match. Hopefully Kamran's critics will quiet down a bit and his confidence will get a boost.

4. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    He's got to play the sort of innings Misbah and YK play in Tests, occupy one end and rotate strike while the guys on the other end can play naturally.

5. Strength Is Life

Strength Is Life Talented

Jun 20, 2012
    Sensational, outstanding run chase by Pakistan. Gave a firm warning signal to all its opponents. Just goes to show what a dangerous package Pakistan is when they get their explosive batting right. Quite a few positives for Pakistan in batting. Looks like Shoaib Malik is going to play right through the tournament. Chasing a huge score especially after losing half of your side Shoaib played a tremendous knock. But of course the man of the match is Kamran Akmal. Superbly paced innings by Kamran. Stunning innings under pressure.

Indian bowling as usual is a severe worry. Overall a terrific match for a warm up.

To end this on a lighter note :p, Pakistan went on win the world cup after losing their warm up game to India in 2009 and now we lost to Pakistan in our warm up game, I just hope we finish the next logical sequence here :).

Well done Pakistan and congratulations Pakistani posters over here.

Cheers.

6. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Brilliant effort by Kamran and Malik. They showed us the value of partnerships even in T2os also. Our bowling was very very poor today and need to tighten up when the tournament gets under way.

7. Captain

Captain Youngsta Beauty

Feb 26, 2010
    Although we won the game, they need to re-adjust the batting order... i am not that big of a Malik fan, but the dude's game has matured, and he has been displaying it in t20 at least since our WT20 championship... he needs to come earlier 4/5...

8. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Good chase. I hope it gives the players lots of confidence and they play positively. I also hope that these innings from Malik and Kamran are not a one off. If Pakistan is to get far they needs these guys to perform regularly

9. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Malik,Akmal and Ajmal were the main players today.

It was a fantastic innings from akmal but this is one of the weakest bowling lineup and there was nothing in the pitch either.

Pakistan bowling looked harmless but then again Indians are brilliant against Spinners so it was expected.

All in all a good morale boost but i hope they dont get carried away with this win, still lot of work to do.

And finally we have beaten India in a worldcup related match. :p

10. Captain

Captain Youngsta Beauty

Feb 26, 2010
    good win by the boys... but our group matches are against tricky/unpredictable teams like ourselves, that you can't really put a sure finger on to say that they will likely win or lose against

11. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Don't praise Kamran Akmal today, instead just think twice next time you ask for his exclusion next time.

12. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    +100

Soul71 u need to change your avatar now!! get fawad alam in there :D

u really are one big time regionalist dude, n m not kidding!! could sarfaraz ever match the class of this man aka kamran akmal?? never ever, but u would still want kami out!! cus he unfortunately is not from karachi.

RapidSnake29 aur sunao bachay?? ab tabiyat theek hai?? :p

13. Victorious Pakistan

Victorious Pakistan Smooth Operator

Feb 29, 2012
    When did i ever Criticize Kamran Akmal? :p *He's Pakistans best player, that's what i been saying time and time again! :p

Credit were it's due, was a very good innings, but i would still play a proper "Keeper" :p

Not sure about others, but i was pretty confident about this chase especially looking at India's bowling line up.

Also not to get carried away with this warm up match! was good but as Passionate Pakistani has mentioned already, there is cause for concern, these pitches offer nothing as well as being flatter then paper, and apart from Saeed Ajmal we were ordinary with the bowl, And now that we know the boundaries will be smaller then usuall, Spin just might not be as effective, so it's good Pakistans batsmen got some confidence today and were prepared for possibly chasing bigger targets this World Cup.

Also Sami? Seriously?

Shoaib Malik was brilliant today and in the upcomming games i would have him up and above Umer Akmal, and comming in at 4/5.

14. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011

thats the best you could have come up with, in order to discredit kami :p

wow!! i'm getting carried away?? lol i think u missed kami's batting in t20's against aussies, those weren't warm up games i presume.

15. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    RapidSnake29 is completely owned here.

Sarfaraz wont bat like this even in an exhibition game against Bermuda.

Kami is a beast, its another thing he is friend of Majeed Bros and Saj!!! :p

16. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    karachigirl would second that ownage i think :p

talk about overrated keepers :D

today he scored 90 to make saj n majeed happy :D #kamilegend

17. Victorious Pakistan

Victorious Pakistan Smooth Operator

Feb 29, 2012
    1: The Indian bowling comment was in General, especially since watching them over the last year or so. We all know India is living of there batting. Also a stark reminder would be the Asia cup vs India, remember there bowling there?

2: I think ehtesham bhai you have read most my posts on Kamran Akmal, and so on that i'd ask to show me were i take a dig at his batting? I dislike Akmal based on his Wicket-Keeping. Yes he was good vs the Aussies with the bat, but im sure it was Passionate Pakistani who made a thread on his keeping when Akmal missed a stumping or dropped a catch? (owned). :p
    Point being, i would play a proper keeper, and i have said this all the time, keeping first, but others would go with part time ones like Kamran, which is entirely there opinion :)

18. AZK

AZK Emerging Player

Mar 3, 2010
    not a very well-planned chase at all when you were eventually at 91/5, were extraordinary knocks from Kami and Malik.

was a very flat wicket but even then some of the bowling was absolutely horrendous.

Afridi's poor bowling form is a major worry, and it was a senseless decision to promote him up the order.

19. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    hey rapid i was just trolling :D #insafian

20. HashiBaba

HashiBaba Talented

Dec 24, 2009
    Not going to read too much into this in terms of our overall prospects in the tournament as it was just a warm up game...the purpose of which isn't necessarily to win but to 'warm up', as the name suggests. We could have lost this game badly, like we did in 2009, and still have gone on to win the tournament, like we did in 2009. So equally, winning this game doesn't guarantee or suggest anything concrete in terms of how well we are going to do.

Nevertheless there are certainly positives and negatives to take from this performance to learn from and build on over the next 2 or 3 weeks.

What I am very pleased about is seeing us chase down a big target fairly comfortably. Hopefully this will help remove a mental block from our batsman when it comes to chasing. Also great to see Malik get a good knock; I think he needed this and hopefully he will get confidence from it.

Kamran Akmal...now I have made no secret of my dislike of him and opposition to him being in the team. While I still stand by those comments (mainly due to his questionable off-field activities), in particular for test cricket and ODI cricket, it is good to see him getting some runs in the T20 format. It definitely helps the balance of the team to have a keeper who is scoring runs. However if it was up to me, he wouldn't play for Pakistan because of his dodgyness and the question marks over his integrity and lack of honour. As such I find it difficult to be pleased when he does well but nevertheless, it seems at the moment he isn't doing anything dodgy and in 20 overs there is less time for him to drop 4 catches and cost us the match, so it's ok.

Shahid Afridi....Im not an Afridi hater nor am I an Afridi lover but the myth seems to be more and more busted every game now. We've just had a fantastic series victory against Australia without him and now we've beaten India and chased down 186 with an over to spare, once again without any contribution from him. As I said in another thread, he is a decent T20 player and on his day he will win us the match single handedly....however it has finally been proven beyond any doubt that a) we don't need him and b) we can easily win without him. It won't be a huge loss to Pakistan cricket when he retires.

21. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    I do not think people should go over the top with this performance. We were 91/5 which is never a good sign for any team.

Whatmore and Hafeez tend to overlook our bad performances in such matches. I did not see the match but as far as the performance on paper is concerned, I am not sure if that was a 'solid' performance.

Muhammad Sami, you got to be kidding me.
    Shahid Afridi, time is up for him.
    Same old opening crap, with Hafeez and Imran Nazir once again failing to make it above 5 overs of partnership.

22. Waseem Laghari

Waseem Laghari Guest

23. M.Noman Alam Siddiqui

M.Noman Alam Siddiqui Youngsta Beauty

Sep 12, 2012
    It was a really brilliant Innings by the two greats of cricketing world.Shoaib Malik & Kamran Akmal. Shoaib Malik has shown his intent that his role will be vital in long chases.Kamran Akmal will also be the key.Shoaib Malik can adjust at any place but he should be sent up the order.At least he should come on to bat at 5..

24. Saein

Saein Smooth Operator

Sep 4, 2010
    lol - you going through direahea again :) I don't change my views on a single game and go hyper like toddlers. I stand on my view on him - he is an incompetent wicket keeper and can only play T20 just because of his batting. For ODI/Test, he is just disaster and should never be considered.

25. Saein

Saein Smooth Operator

Sep 4, 2010
    Sarfaraz can't fix the games like him as well:cool:

26. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Sarfaraz is not a friend of Saj either :p

Btw 20 overs are not enough to fix a game. :yk

27. Saein

Saein Smooth Operator

Sep 4, 2010
    lol - fixing can happen in 10 overs game - you just need some performers :D

28. HashiBaba

HashiBaba Talented

Dec 24, 2009
    I'd say the shorter the game, the easier it is to fix actually because there's less time and opportunity for the honest cricketers in the team to make up for the deliberate unperforming of a fixer. T20 games can be decided by one over alone.

If I remember correctly there was a T20 against Australia a few years ago which we lost by 1 run or 2 runs or something and Rana batted out a maiden in the 15th or 16th over....and that decided the game.

29. Jav

Jav Youngsta Beauty

Sep 12, 2012
    I slept in so when I woke up, I got the shock of my life when I read on cricinfo that Pak chased down 180+. Watched the highlights and thoroughly enjoyed the match. Love him or hate him (most hate him), Kamran is a valuable T20 bat! I think if the rest of our batting clicks, we are serious contenders. I'd replace Sami for the real matches though, he offers nothing. He isn't even that fast anymore. Pakistan made a big mistake not picking Junaid khan as we could have done with some good fast bowling back up in case Gul/Tanvir get injured/have a bad game.

30. sameerM

sameerM Youngsta Beauty

Mar 6, 2012
    any Online HIGHLIGHTS? or live footage replays??

31. Jav

Jav Youngsta Beauty

Sep 12, 2012
    mycrickethighlights.com

32. AKMAL KHOTA

AKMAL KHOTA Youngsta Beauty

Jul 31, 2010
    Pakistan Zindabad.
    Great perfomances my the team yesterday, but i still have doubts over Kamran ~Akmal and his motives. No denying that he is a capable cricketer, its just his ethics that i am not too sure with.
    Once a crook, always a crook.
    Get5 rid of him and lets clean this image up once and for all.
    Until the akmals are removed from the sqaud only then will the teams consistency and honesty prevail.

33. shainz

shainz Talented

Apr 8, 2012
    indian team gotta real spanking yesterday virat n rest thght dey had in d bag when dey got dat huge total but not b we hope our team surprises us like dat more often den we will surely b t20 champions

34. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Agreed :p

35. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    :rofl :rofl

36. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    still better than the tailender sarfaraz :rofl

37. baqir

baqir Cornered Tiger

Sep 17, 2012
    For a second I thought, Pakistan had a warm up today :lol.

38. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Yeah, right, you're so anti-Karachi......

Kami Kam, why so droppy?

39. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
  40. Saein

Saein Smooth Operator

Sep 4, 2010
    ehtesham - lol you have so many skeletons in your closet :lol