Misbah has been harassed by Inzamam and tableeghi gang in Pakistan team

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Passionate Pakistani, Feb 8, 2013.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    Stan1 no you weren't coming across that way, mate. I know what you're saying, I just genuinely don't think that Inzamam was (at least consciously) pressuring the players. Maybe some felt like it would increase their chances yes. But that's hardly restricted to religiosity, there are for instance a lot of players (like some of the Aussie sides recently and the India team of the past decade especially) that feel that acting tough and sledging and whatnot is likelier to infuse the dressing-room with aggression. Good luck to them is wot I say but I don't think dressing-room culture is that much of a problem.

2. Stan1

Stan1 Talented

Sep 8, 2011
    As long as the dressing room culture is devoid of match fixing and a lack of effort I'm happy as a starting point - I really want the team to fight tooth and nail for a game, be aggresive, and confident in their abilities because sometimes humility can be taken as a weakness and can indicate a lack of killer instinct.

I see what you're saying with the example of the aussie team culture - but their culture was shaped for them over the course of nearly 20 years, they always tread a fine line between aggression and being abusive; quite often transgressing... but that is who they are. Our cricketing identity was basically built on the back of maverick pacers, aggressive batsmen, and generally just flamboyant cricket.. it's what I grew to love. So, what seemed like a forced sense of 'calm' and 'order' broke the narrative for me a touch, but anything for better results.

3. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Stan1 ; my friend Pakistan always had a calm & order in its rank. It was just the late 90s where the national team was devoid calmness.

Pakistan will be always better team with calm batsmen & aggressive bowlers. We handled the mighty WI of 80s with the mixture of this calm & aggression.

4. Stan1

Stan1 Talented

Sep 8, 2011
    No , I mean as a sample of personalities e.g. safraz nawaz was a colourful character, who always hated Imran deep down, then there was abdul qadir, who grew a beard on Imrans advice to add to his mystique, then theres miandad who always gave back a sledge better than he got, and Imran was basically fearless... they were a far livelier bunch, that's what I mean.

different characters have individual traits and qualities, and they come together better that way I think.

5. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Different Era,Different stature & also difference of caliber.

Present Pakistan team can't be livelier over night.It will take time but with we will get there. We have our aggressive players just that they have not established themselves on international level.

Once that happen & we have a attacking Captain inshallah we will hurt many egos like we did in 80s & 90s.

6. Stan1

Stan1 Talented

Sep 8, 2011
    Inshallah that does happen... and it's really just a mindset thing... we haven't been that bad recently, we just need a bit more pace and purpose about our batting... a genuine fast bowler will only help.

7. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    This idea of having Genuine Fast bowler needs to be put of back burner for now.

There in no one of the scene who can be tagged as FAST & if Allah send someone out of the blue then it will other matter but until then we must enjoy the quality of Swing & seam that Pakistan line-up has for now & which might have better with return of Asif & Amir pretty soon inshallah.

For batting I'll have Azhar & Nasir to open with Umar amin at 3 & hafees to bat at 5.

Of the coming batsmen I have high hopes from Babar, Umar Waheed, & Inzi nephew & inshallah they will succeed like success.

8. Stan1

Stan1 Talented

Sep 8, 2011
    I agree it should be on the backburner for now, but someone like Wahab now, or Zia ul Haq in the near future can be our express pace option maybe

We don't need everyone bowling at 150kph, we need that wicket taking mindset... the bowlers need to bowl an attacking line on and just outside off, bowl with purpose and vigour, we need an attacking field around the batsman etc, there are lots of things we can do to impose ourselves without bowling frighteningly quick.

Steyn for example, rarely got above 140k but he still bowled with lots of fire.

batting wise jamshed, babar, asad, and others can do well for us in future inshallah.

9. RanaMudassarKhan

RanaMudassarKhan Youngsta Beauty

Sep 5, 2011
    Sport is a vital part of propagation on the international stage. The idea that cricket can be haram makes a mockery of religion. The world, prior to us becoming an international terrorist playground knew Pakistan because of its sporting acheivements. Hence there is massive opportunity in portraying your ideology, to the world, through etiquettes, sportsmanship etc. This is what wins hearts and minds. And hence if we go back a few decades we can see the importance the former soviet union block gave to sport. Infact in many cases winning wasnt an option.

The fact that we have confined religion to either a public display of worship or a few lines at the end of a match exhibits only our own poverty of forethought and planning. Any administrator worth his salt would ensure that his team were under no illusions as to what they represent and how to go about their behaviour in both public and private.

One only needs to see the manner in which the likes of Kumble, Dravid or Tendulkar came across and the massive goodwill it gave their nation. 99% of life is the "coming across" bit! Imran Khan endeared himself to the world purely because of his personality. The rush to speak broken english at the end of a match is testament to our low self esteem and intellectual inferiority complex. Do Spanish football managers not speak in their own language? What stops our representatives if they arent fluent in English to speak in their own language and get their message across to the world eloquently. Why do we ourselves deem our own languages whether Urdu, Punjabi or Pashto as inferior? Purely because we think our own people will laugh at us. Why has English become the signature of an educated person? This is utter folly.

Going back to the original topic - tableeghi's, deobandi's and brelvi's are all hanafi's - hence there is no difference whatsoever in fiqh. Differences arose over comments made in literature which depending on who you beleive were either taken out of context or deliberately misconstrued to mean insulting the personality of the prophet s.a.w or if you take the deobandi view many innovations were added to rituals which were against orthodoxy.

As is usually the case with anything in life - nothing is black or white but mostly grey. Matters could be solved within minutes if both parties had people willing to forgive and move on to to concentrate on the bigger picture. Until this happens our nations will continue to be cesspits of corruption, violence, underacheivement, poverty and source of the worlds biggest movement of economic migrants.Yes its nothing to be proud of - but as Ali ibn Talib r.a said evil triumphs not because there are more evil people but purely because more good people choose to remain silent.

10. ~Akmal Mania~

~Akmal Mania~ Banned

Feb 16, 2013
    What's new here? Inzi is the same guy who along with yousuf conspired against younis khan and took oath on QURAN for his removal. Inzi should never come near to PAKISTAN team again, he is more like taliban ho forces their version of islam or their views on others.

Inzi did the same thing when he was captain too.

11. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    Can you prove it?

12. ~Akmal Mania~

~Akmal Mania~ Banned

Feb 16, 2013
    Lol you can find jang articles about the revolt and video of Aqib javed who was coach at that time narrating this incident. Those videos were leaked after the AUS white wash, Moyo was banned for 1 year by the disciplinary commitee.
    Inzi did alot of favoritsm in his days as captain too. He hold back misbah and ended the career of Azhar mahmood and Asim kamal.

13. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    Bechara Misbah

14. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    Except that Azhar Mahmood in those days was publicly whining about not getting picked and insulting half the squads that were picked saying that the Pakistan cap was being handed out for free.

I like Azhar Mahmood, a lot, and I think his Test career was hard done by (he was dropped for poor one-day performances). But it's amazing the way people act like we dropped Garry Sobers--in one dayers, where he played the vast majority of his games, Mahmood averaged 18 with bat and 39 with ball. That over a span of 143 one dayers. Makes Afridi look like an overachiever

Don't get me wrong, Mahmood was/is one of my favourite players and one who I've always had a soft spot for, but people act like we dropped Imran Khan from the team.

15. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    Oh, and not to mention, Umar Akmal was also said to have deliberately faked an injury in that tour. But of course for that we need concrete proof, while for Inzi/Yousuf we can take anybody's word for granted.

I've seen you post a lot of junk on PP, tis a pleasure to have you here so I can answer back :)

16. ~Akmal Mania~

~Akmal Mania~ Banned

Feb 16, 2013
    May be you are also a tableegi guy...i can understand.

17. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    No I'm not (though there are a few on this forum). But thanks for focusing not on the post but on its writer. Real classy

18. MR__KHAN__JI

MR__KHAN__JI Talented

Sep 5, 2010
    Azhar was a lot better than those stats ....

In fact I'm really surprised that he ended up with those stats...

19. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011

Definitely, really disappoints me about those stats. I was always a fan of the chap but I have to admit he was a very, very, very inconsistent player

20. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    So Inzi as Chief Selector with Misbah as test captain now?

21. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    Sir kya haal hain

22. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Misbah is Test Captain & most likely there will only 1 or 2 changes in squad for remaining tours of Misbah's career, so this won't be issue.

23. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Mard-e-Momin, Mard-e-Haq...

24. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    I dont know if its true or not but we all remember 2007 WC when Inzi, Yusuf, Mushtaq and gang were focussed more on tableegh in West Indies than cricket. Shoaib Akhtar in his career under Inzi continously faced actions as he refused to follow the gang

25. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    lol, still remember rana naveeds beard. :D

26. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    Good to know someone harasses you too, Misbah. Now you know how we felt when you were the ODI captain.

27. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    there's the wasim we all know :D

28. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    Who are you anyway?

29. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    Secret admirer

30. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    There should be freedom to discuss religion or anything else, nothing wrong with it unless something is forced on you. Misbah as an adult can hold his own. Actually the problem with religion in Pak these days is that it can't be discussed without someone being offended or being condemned as a heretic.

31. fxishk

fxishk Youngsta Beauty

Feb 5, 2016
    i don't think so its true story... well its long debate... i am seeing bright future of Pak Cricket under inzi... they are our legends... give respect for all