Misbah has been harassed by Inzamam and tableeghi gang in Pakistan team

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Passionate Pakistani, Feb 8, 2013.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Misbah ul Haq, the current captain of our cricket team, put his foot down when thePakistan Cricket Board suggested that he take on Inzi as the team's coach.

"Over my dead body", Misbah is supposed to have said, or words to that effect. It transpired that before he became captain, Misbah had been harassed by Inzi and the Tableeghi gang in the cricket team to say his prayers in a certain way.

Apparently, the Tableeghi gang led by Inzi disapproved of Misbah's Barelvi sensibilities and the way he said his namaz, insisting that he do it the Deobandi-Tableeghi way.

Misbah stuck to his guns, and his own preferred way of praying, and attracted their ire. When his turn came to lord it over the rest, Misbah made his views clear to the PCB and said no to Inzi.

http://www.thefridaytimes.com/beta3/tft/article.php?issue=20130208&page=32

2. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Hmmmm.... Interesting, if true

3. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Just sounds so weird.....

4. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
  5. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    I hugely doubt this is true but if it is, a big big if, then it's pathetic.

6. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Same. IF its true then I would keep Inzy far away from the team as possible. But I doubt its true.

7. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    I doubt its true for the reason that there is no difference in the way brelvis offer their salat apart from positioning of the hands, even that is similar to the way Deobandis do it.

I also take issue with the way that they are referred to as a 'gang'.

However if true then I side with Misbah here. The team is there to play cricket and prayer shouldnt be forced on them. It should be encouraged but not forced. Our Tableeghi Jamaat cricketers should realise how they were once and how long the journey was to their current point. They should be more lenient with players who they feel are doing incorrect things.

Our team has been divided for too long and we dont need to add religious division to it.

8. shainz

shainz Talented

Apr 8, 2012
    real shame it is den now mixing religion with sport outrageous

9. SA123

SA123 Talented

Jul 23, 2012
    Can't be true

10. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
  11. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Article must be written by some stupid brelvi molvi, especially the way he has used word 'Tableeghi Gang'.

12. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    if true

what an idiot Inzamam is.... Even akhtar says this in his book that he would force everyone to read namaz and stuff.. He needs to mind his own business

and btw whoever dlted my post, atleast next time let me know

13. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    You actually didn't come off any better than the writer with your post.

14. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Inzi and co. were clearly a gang, they imposed religion on the team whether the other players wanted to pray or not. Some may say that's a good thing and others may disagree but whether it's good or bad, it's definitely a gang mentality. You can see it was forced praying because the beards and the obligatory communal prayers have disappeared from the team along with the 'gang' who was enforcing them.

Unfortunately it's those differences that cause the issues. Barelvis, Tableeghis, Wahabis and the rest all argue with each other about what the other one should be doing. My family comes from a Barelvi background but I don't classify myself as one. Despite that I've been in the same position as Misbah is said to have been with Inzi. The following is a small list off the top of my head that I've been involved in or have witnessed where the evangelical Tableeghis try and change the way other people pray...

* Debates over when to raise your finger during Athahayat and how many times.

* Whether to raise your hands to your shoulders or your ears and what part of the ear to raise them to.

* Whether to place your hands over navel, bellybutton or chest

* How feet are placed when you are sitting on your knees.

* Not to join hands at the fingers then kiss them with your mouth and raising to your forehead while mentioning the Prophet

* Saying Ameen loudly or quietly

* Saying/not saying Bismillah before every Surah

* Raising hands during Witr Salah when Duae Qunoot is said

* Covering your head or not covering your head during Salah. Is a baseball cap allowed, is a hankerchief allowed and so on.

* Whether to sing or not sing after Friday prayer

...the above is just a short, basic example of the stuff being referred to. I don't know if it has happened to Misbah but I know that it does happen wherever you find Tableeghis or Wahabis because by their very nature (they are both evangelical sects) they like to preach to other Muslims about what they are doing wrong.

15. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Atleast i didnt call them a Gang or used any other word for Brelvis.. like he did for Tableeghi Jamat. Just criticised him.

16. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    One should always look at themselves, rather than advising others on how they pray.

17. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    I disagree. Wasn't there a photo of the players praying together before Mohali. The religious symbolism is righly or wrongly alive today aswell. The 'First of all thanks to Allah' and Sajdas after a landmark are still there.

I am aware of the differences. I am what I like to call 'A moderate Salafi' so perhaps I have underestimated how other people react to these things.

18. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    If you say so.

19. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009

This is just another legacy of the 'gang' days. Nobody wants to be the first captain to stop thanking Allah or arranging prayers. If you were Pakistan captain and your predecessor had thanked Allah after every game and organised prayers are you going to stop doing it? Especially in a country where you can get killed just for questioning the blasphemy laws?

Sajdahs have been there from the start.

20. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    Stupid Thread. What credibilty does this writer have. Stop posting tomato sauce stories here.

21. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    You have a good point there.

22. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Misbah isn't too particular about thanking Allah.

23. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
    Who are the Gang Members?

Btw werent there rumours earlier also that Inzi and Co. were forcing players to be religious.

24. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    No-one forces anyone to pray but peer pressure is always there and which player wants to be the one who isn't in the photo of the team praying together. Forums like ours and fans chatting about the latest cricket news will always say 'where was XYZ player' why wasn't he praying, etc.

Then there's the pressure on you if you're a fringe player and you know that turning up to prayers, keeping a beard or even showing up on Tableegh will get you into the captain and senior players good books why wouldnt you do that? You might even get some favourable column inches out of it.

25. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    :clap

So our dear ex players whines when India mix sports with politics, but religion with sports is no problem.....

26. BoomBoom786

BoomBoom786 Talented

Apr 12, 2010
    Inzamam never really wanted Misbah in the side according to Nadeem Abbasi and Aamir Sohail when he should have been according to them

27. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    This is just pathetic if true
    If they were harassing a Muslim like this imagine how a non Muslim would be treated like .

28. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    I dont believe in all everything said against Inzy.

Danish kaneria was a hindu, while he continuously moaned at team selection etc, he never complained about players attitude towards him and he was a key part of inzamam team.

Most of the things are only assumptions regarding inzamam.

29. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Kaneria never complained about such things and he had some of his best years under Inzi. Only person I've heard criticizing Inzi for bringing religion into the team is Akhtar.

30. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    oh yeah forgot about Kaneria
    Akhtar has always been a bit of a drama queen despite him being a favourite of mine .

31. BoomBoom786

BoomBoom786 Talented

Apr 12, 2010
    ever heard of PJ Mir?

Team Manager 2007

32. BoomBoom786

BoomBoom786 Talented

Apr 12, 2010
  33. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    So PJ Mir knows more than players playing with inzy for 4/5 years.

Btw PJ Mir is a libido who thought Pakistan team poor performance in 2007 WC was because they were too religious :fp

Guess what, Amla should be failing in every inning because he is more religious than Pakistani players.

34. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    I was speaking about people of relevance, the players. PJ Mir is nobody.

35. RanaMudassarKhan

RanaMudassarKhan Youngsta Beauty

Sep 5, 2011
    PJ Mir is a tit.

Its pretty obvious the writer has no clue as pointed out above brelvi's and deo's pray the same way! Both are hanafi and have no issues vis a vis this. Perhaps the truth was that whilst inzy was captain those on the fringe felt compelled to pray or grow beards etc i.e Shoaib Malik. Infact as soon as he became captain the beard was gone and he promoted himself as a moderate person - though his english was slightly better than inzi's but still poor!

36. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    PJ Mir is a wannabe expose journo since he failed at being an international cricketer. Mir and Akhtar (who as we know is "his own man" and a bit of a drama queen and can easily have taken offence where none was meant) are literally the only people I've heard regarding Inzamam's alleged bullyings. Danish Kaneria who you'd suppose would be most affected by it had no problem. Mohammad Yousuf when he was a Christian was Inzamam's right-hand man; as soon as he became Muslim (coincidentally, I don't think there's any relationship between the facts, just that Younus slid ahead in line thanks to form & tactical ability) he got passed over for Younus Khan.

The peer pressure thing might be valid but then in Pakistan where everybody from the top to bottom even the most corrupt people do take care to keep their religiosity in public however genuine it may/mayn't be. So it's not necessarily an Inzamam thing at all. There's a world of difference between peer pressure and a so-called gang manhandling a respected captain for the way he says his prayers

37. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Smooth Operator

Jun 12, 2011
    I second this:D

38. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Amla and the Inzi crew are worlds apart. I agree Islam is pervasive with both but with inzi and the guys it was in your face and constant. You always got the feeling that Islam was part of team pak to the point where people like shoaib akhtar were outsiders. You never get this with amla.

39. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    I want to 'like' this post twice. Excellent post bruv!

40. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    WOW seriously?