1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Misbah and younis... you are destroying pakistan young talent

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by worldrocker, Mar 31, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. worldrocker

worldrocker Youngsta Beauty

Feb 22, 2012
    After seeing the faysal bank t20. there are soo many talented players eager to show there class. But because of the two players we are unable to show what really pakistan has to deliever to world.

soo many talented players
    Imran nazir
    Ahmed shehzad
    nasir jamshed
    awais zia
    rameez raja (2)
    asad shafiq
    umer akmal
    shahzaib hassan
    khalid latif
    and many more.

younis and misbah. please focus on only test cricket which suits you people, and let the young people show their talent.

2. NO 1 AFRIDI FAN

NO 1 AFRIDI FAN Talented

Aug 30, 2011
    It's been some time since we had a thread like this. #SameOld

3. worldrocker

Feb 22, 2012
    Abb toh haad hoo chucki hai... lath mar ke nikal dena chahiyeh.sab selectors kay samne hai..phir bhi they consider misbah and younis.

4. NO 1 AFRIDI FAN

NO 1 AFRIDI FAN Talented

Aug 30, 2011
    With your opinions regarding YK, I agree, he should no longer be in the LOI team. Has always been a poor ODI batter, but we still need Misbah. Instead of YK we could have Asad Shafiq playing consistently, rather than playing a game in the whole tour.

5. Bouncer

Bouncer Talented

Jan 14, 2010
    Why only Misbah and younis, why not Afridi, Gul, Razaaq, Sohail Tanveer?

6. Mutazalzaluzzaman Tarar

Mutazalzaluzzaman Tarar Emerging Player

Mar 18, 2010
    lol. young, new talent? Nazir has not learned a thing in 15 years. any international quality medium pacer will work out Shahzeb in 3 minutes. and Khalid Latif would be Bradman if all bowlers were forced to bowl only on leg stump.

and of course, Bouncer also raises a good point. why just Younis and Misbah. if developing young talent was the question, what are Afridi, Jaaka Scooter etc doing in the team.

7. Bouncer

Bouncer Talented

Jan 14, 2010

8. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
  9. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Smooth Operator

Jun 12, 2011
  10. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    Lol shouldn't this apply to every senior then? Mind you you can't chuck everybody out in one go, the likes of Gul and Ajmal definitely need to stay on and in my opinion Misbah and Afridi do as well.

As Bouncer has said, Nazir has wasted his opportunities, he is probably one of the most overrated batsmen I have seen for Pakistan, yes he's fun to watch in full flow but he usually gets out to a rash shot rather than particularly vicious balls from the opposition. I think Ahmed Shehzad, Nasir Jamshed, Asad Shafiq, Umar Akmal, Azhar Ali are very promising options, I don't really have much time for Rameez Raja or Shahzaib Hasan. I do think Khalid Latif is underrated, yes he's an ugly and limited hitter but unlike Shahzaib/Nazir he's a sensible batsman despite his technical weaknesses and has a solid temperament plus leadership skills. I wouldn't mind if he was back but probably Shehzad and co deserve an opportunity ahead of him

11. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    i was surprised too see ya post in a cricket related thread but then you never fail to amuse us,

[email protected] avatar

12. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Smooth Operator

Jun 12, 2011
    Passionate Pakistani just for your benefit i'll say something cricket related. Im surprised anyone would consider Nazir among the young talented players. He's neither young and his shot selection suggests he aint that talented either.

13. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    Funny how Afridi's name isn't mentioned... SOme one who has an avg of 23? Isn't he destroying pakistan's young talent......

I don't know whats with the obbition of Pakistani's with young Talent.. Seniors are needed, as they are the ones who help guide your team to victory, and is there to help players....... and Misbah is performing good... I don't see why he should be removed...

Only in Pakistan, where some one who has an avg of 50 in the Asia cup and highest avg in the England series, should be removed

14. Bouncer

Bouncer Talented

Jan 14, 2010

Only in Pak when you state the facts a billion times on why someone is not good for team's future, their fans keep ignoring all the logic and stick with their obsessions.

15. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    its not the fan who select him, its the selectors and then coach and captain.

you just cant force someone not to follow a player or dislike him, everyone has his own likes and dislikes, same like shahrukh619 posting nonstop about misbah average of 50 in asia cup.:p

16. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    Lol future??? So after every world cup drop all the 30 year old cricketers as thy won't be availible for future games.....

Bro, i could name you 15-20 youngsters who were added to the national team after world cup 2007.. Funny thing is that only one crixketer player in the next world cup out of those 15-20 players....

I dont know why do people think that u19 cricketers are capable of playing international easily... Lol, probably based on their performance against OTHER U19 TEAMS

Yess 2 or 3 youngsters could be added, but not 11 new youngsters.... Its the experience of cricketers over the year that helps you win world cups...

17. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    He's talented in the strict sense of ability that if you put up a montage of his shots that come off, you'll say MashaAllah Nazir has some cracking shots especially off the back foot. I'm not sure he's ever realized the mental aspect of the game though, if anything Nazir was much more sensible but equally hard-hitting back in 2000 when he did well in the Sharjah Cup and West Indies. Since then and especially after the 2003 World Cup he's been more or less a thoughtless slugger.

Waisay out of curiosity what would it take for you to get back to the game?

18. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    a world cup final win against India.

19. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    Array yaar that's too long...I want to see Saul Goodman back in action on the cricket front as well as the pavilion, I enjoyed his banter in the old days especially when he tore into India's team

20. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
  21. worldrocker

Feb 22, 2012
    Bouncer accept the fact we dont have talent anymore, even if we do all the sefarish people are consider first.

if the player is not performing, even if he is as big as Afridi, please get out of the team, we need to plan for t20 worldcup, remove razzaq becuase he cannot play spin that well, and in srilanka pitches are spin friendly.

My point is give young players a chance, you cannot judge anyone just by one game. on the other hand how can you give chance when two selfish players are not willing to get out of the team.

22. Shahid Afridi rulez

Shahid Afridi rulez Talented

Sep 9, 2011
    In the title it says : Pakistan "Young" talent.

Imran Nazir is 30.

??

23. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    worldrocker

From the list of 9 players you gave, 6 of them are openers so Younis and Misbah arent taking their spots anyway. From the three remaining players, two are already in the team and Rameez Raja (Jr) is good but not the best option we have.

As for the young part, Imran Nazir and Khalid Latif aren't massively younger than YK and Misbah. Both Nazir and Latif must be around or over 30 by now.

24. munirnadeem

munirnadeem Emerging Player

Aug 9, 2011
    Probably the best analysis so far. See bouncers analysis above

25. karachigirl

karachigirl Tracer Bullet

Sep 6, 2011
    Younis, Sohail Tanvir, Shahid Afridi and Abdul Razzaq=out!

Ajmal, Gul, Hafeez, Misbah= we need them!!

Umer Amin, Shan Masood, Raza Hasan, Zia ul Haq=keep an eye on them!!

26. Observer

Observer Emerging Player

Feb 27, 2010
    Both Misbah and Younis are misfit in both ODI and especially T20 cricket. They should both play tests-only.

T20
    I would prefer younger and more explosive players like Imran Nazir, Shahzaib Hassan, Awais Zia and Ahmed Shahzaad.

ODI
    Asad Shafiq is not suited for T20. He should be a part of the ODI and test sides instead. Azhar Ali could also be considered, but I dear he might have a too slow SR.

27. munirnadeem

munirnadeem Emerging Player

Aug 9, 2011

Are you sure? Bud, there is always a need for anchor players in all formats of the game. Misbah & Younis do that and did you not see against india and other teams how Younis is starting to pick up his pace.Misbah as we have seen can pick up his pace as needed but chooses not to do so because of the situation.

28. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    some one who had an avg of 50 in the Asia cup, and got a nomination for cricketer of the year in 2011 is now a misfit according to some fan who thinks that ODI cricekt is about Blind sloggers......

Funny thing is that Asad SHafiqq had the second highest average in t20's last year..

29. Observer

Observer Emerging Player

Feb 27, 2010
    Shahid Afridi has lost the touch of his hard hitting punches. He has hardly made a trademark inn. in the last many games, but of course the "legend" goes on.......I think we need to move on.

Especially in the T20 department we need some lofty hitters. We have several good opportunities.

Imran Nazir: He has been tried before, but I think he need to be in the team consistently to have a proper chance to perform.

Shahzaib Hassan: Has been in a good form, and should also be tested at the international level

Ahmed Shehzad: Is another good prospect.

Haris Sohail is also an option. He can give some variety too since he is a lefthander. He should definitely be tried in the ODI's

Outgoing players:

T20
    Misbah
    Asad Shafiq: I don't think he is suitable for this explosive version of cricket.
    Hammad Azam: He should not be played until his bowling is improved. If he doesn't bowl he doesn't deserve a spot.
    Shoaib Malik
    Aizaz Cheema

ODI
    Younis Khan
    Misbah
    Shoaib: If they consider him again.
    Aizaz Cheema
    Wahab Riaz

If the wickets are suitable we shouldn't be afraid of playing four spinners. Unfortunately we don't have fast bowlers who are good enough at the moment.

30. Observer

Observer Emerging Player

Feb 27, 2010
    It's not about having averages. Then we should never renew our team. Nor is it about showing lack of respect for their services. The unfortunate issue is that our players generally (apart from very few) have had it very difficult to call it a day in a good way. I think Misbah and Younis ahev both performed very well but time has caught up. They should be used only in tests.

Asad might have a decent average, but in T20 we need explosive players, and he is not explosive enough. Asad could be used in ODI's and tests.

31. worldrocker

Feb 22, 2012
    you are trying to point out players from the list,

i am trying to say youngster need a chance, even in dead matches against Afghanistan, why younis and misbah, why dont we try another captain beside misbah. what if misbah get injured, do we have any other captain beside afridi who is having some experience with the team and had been a captain before?

my point is we all know misbah will not be as fit as he is right now in the near future nor will younis khan be,
    and young players at that time will have direct exposure on international cricket. why not prepare them from now :)

32. worldrocker

Feb 22, 2012
    exactly my point.

33. cricketstar2

cricketstar2 Banned

Apr 1, 2012
    i think u got the names abit mixed up.

34. cricketstar2

cricketstar2 Banned

Apr 1, 2012
    Exactly what i think