Mickey Arthur said I can be Pakistan's Lance Klusener : Faheem Ashraf

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Feb 28, 2018.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Faheem Ashraf speaking on TV:

"I am thankful to Islamabad United for making me a part of this team"

"PSL is a big event so for an event like this, you need to be mentally prepared. You need to have the correct mindset to do well"

"Mickey Arthur said I can be like Pakistan's Lance Klusener. He used to open the bowling then he also opened the batting so he said that similarly, he sees the same thing in me, that I can bowl and bat well and I can become like him for Pakistan"

"Cricket has become difficult nowadays as you don't need to just bat and bowl, you need to put a lot of effort into fielding. If you look at Ben Stokes, he is a good fielder, not just a good batsman or bowler. He doesn't look like just a batsman or bowler, he's a main player in the team while on the field. I want to win matches with my performances for Islamabad United"

"You shouldn't be scared of getting hit for a six, I don't know how often I have been hit for a six. But if you are scared about it then you will get hit, but if you don't focus on that then you can perform better"

"My ideal (inspiration) is Ben Stokes"

"When I started playing cricket in U19, I was an all-rounder. In the first year of U19 under Ehsan Adil so I made a fifty in a final. The next year, I was captain for Faisalabad and was the best batsman"

"I have played for Faisalabad for four years and from there, everyone loves joking around and having fun. Similarly we have a group of guys including Fakhar, Hasan, Shadab, Shinwari and Nawaz and we're all of a similar age so we get along really well"

"When I started in the Champions Trophy, my batting pleased everyone. On the last two tours against SL and NZ, my batting hasn't been so good but I bowled well. In PSL, I don't want to focus on any one thing, I want to do well in all three aspects of the game as Mickey Arthur and Azhar bhai tell us"

"Every player's dream is to play Test cricket. The main cricket is Test cricket. I want to give my 100% for Pakistan and get into the Pakistan Test team, not just for 1-2 matches or series but I want to play Tests for Pakistan for a long time"

"In the last two series, I have been working on my slower balls as I'm already accustomed to bowling at a good length etc., but in domestic cricket, we don't bowl slower balls that often. I am currently playing in the shorter formats where these deliveries can come in handy".

2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Klusner or Razzaq, both could be good role models for Faheem and I would be glad if he can achieves 60% of what they did in the respective carriers.

3. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    I have a feeling Mickey Arthur will keep him in the World Cup squad

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

4. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Why does Mickey like him so much?

5. TaQvinaToR

TaQvinaToR Youngsta Beauty

Sep 28, 2018
    is Mickey gay ?

6. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
    He lied.

Now go back too pretend being a cricketer somewhere else please.

7. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    Kluesener sent home

8. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Vietnam ka Klusener.

9. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    he sees potential in him. Fahim is still fresh and young

hopefully he grows and improves to be the modern Klusner

10. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    That's understandable - and may be he will get better with experience. But right now, neither his bowling or batting is offering any reliability.

11. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Just like Klusener Faheem will be watching the world cup on TV.

12. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Klusener might get a gig at SuperSport.

I doubt Faheem will even get invited for Game On Hai at PTV Sports.

13. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    This should be a good reality check not only for him and also for Mickey too, who has invested heavily on him only to be dropped before WC.