Miandad wants PCB to appoint Faisal Iqbal as batting coach

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Oct 14, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Pakistan’s former Test cricketer Javed Miandad has advised Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to appoint Faisal Iqbal as the batting coach of the national team to reduce the burden on head coach Misbah-ul-Haq.

In his recent interview, the legendary batsman said that the board has overburdened Misbah by assigning him the dual task, therefore they should hire Faisal as a batting coach as he is the best possible option for the position.

“I think the Board has overburdened Misbah by assigning him the dual responsibilities of head coach of all formats and chief selector. The board needs to be a bit realistic and think out of the box by appointing a specialized batting coach,” he told APP.

“I think the Board was reluctant to hire Faisal due to his relationship with me. But if you speak on merit, he deserves to serve as Pakistan’s batting coach.”

“Faisal have done coaching courses from England and is the best possible option for the batting coach position,” he added.

Iqbal is a certified coach and has been associated with the most popular franchise of Pakistan Super League, Karachi Kings as a member of coaching staff. He had also applied for the posts of junior and senior’s batting coach positions, but didn’t get the role.

The 37-year-old has represented Pakistan in 26 Test matches and 18 One Day Internationals in his career. He has also captained Pakistan at U-15 and U-19 level.

https://arysports.tv/miandad-wants-pcb-appoint-faisal-iqbal-batting-coach/

2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    LOL, he's totally gone mad (dimag chal gaya hai chacha ka).

3. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    This is what you call "aaavay ka aava he bigraa huva hai".

And then we want Imran Khan to fix everything in the entire country, overnight and stat!

4. thair9999

thair9999 Youngsta Beauty

Oct 17, 2010
    If "Misbah-ul-Haq" can be everything without any qualification, then why not Faisal a batting coach?
    Dimag chal gaya hai PCB ka