1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Liam Neeson seriously thinking about Becoming a Muslim.

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Saul Goodman, Jan 27, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Smooth Operator

Jun 12, 2011
    Actor Liam Neeson has said he may convert from his Roman Catholic faith to become a practicing Muslim.

The Hollywood star had recently been filming in Istanbul where he said Islamic practices - such as the call to prayer - really affected him, news.com.au reported.

Neeson told The Herald Sun: 'There are 4000 mosques in the city (Istanbul). Some are just stunning, and it really makes me think about becoming a Muslim.

'The call to prayer happens five times a day, and for the first week, it drives you crazy, and then it just gets into your spirit, and it's the most beautiful, beautiful thing.'

The 59-year-old star was raised in the religiously tumultuous Northern Ireland as a Catholic. Neeson said he is constantly asking big, philosophical questions:

'I was reared a Catholic, but I think every day we ask ourselves, not consciously, what are we doing on this planet? What's it all about? I'm constantly reading books on God or the absence of God and atheism,' he said.

2. Rizzy

Rizzy Talented

Mar 1, 2010
    InshAllah hope he converts, was just about to post but you beat me to it :)

3. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Its all good bro, regardless of who posts it:D God willing he will become a muslim.

4. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    i know someone who is thinking about converting to islam - he married a girl from Istanbul but that isnt the reason he is thinking of converting.
    Istanbul is an amazing place though, its one of those places i can well understand would attract a non muslim to Islam

5. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    We need to get out of this mindset of celebrating celebrity conversions. Most celebrities are mentally quite unstable and they get involved with all sorts of weird and wacky movements. Just look at 'religions' like Scientology and Kabbalah.

There are plenty of normal and sane (maybe not famous) people becoming Muslim every day. I dont think we should be making a big deal out of every celebrity who has a nice word to say about Islam.

6. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    you are right, but in the western world where there is so much propaganda against Islam, it is nice for the non muslims and haters to see people they look upto are joining the 'other side'
    it makes them wonder why? and perhaps give Islam a little more thought which is only a good thing, someone might read Neesons interview and youtube the adhan or salaah and find it strikes a chord in their heart too. you never know.,It certainly doesnt hurt.

7. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I dont know. A lot of these guys say this stuff to promote their films or ventures in different parts of the world. There was a thread here about Lara becoming a Muslim but it never came to pass. There's many examples of that.

Most people tend to remember Tyson converting instead of Cat Stevens.

8. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    I dont know about you mercenary but i like seeing famous faces converting. Most westerners see islam as an hostile foreign entity thanks to western propaganda. Everytime there's a convert that is famous it goes a long way towards humanising muslims. I wasnt detracting from the commitment made by non famous converts. Also i would have to disagree with you on people remembering the wrong converts. Cat stevens, jermaine jackson, are the kind of people that come to my mind first and i have to say tyson is a distant afterthought.

9. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    When I think of famous converts I think of Cat, Ali, Malcolm X. But that's because we're Muslims.

Non-Muslims (the ones you are trying to reach) tend to think of the bad examples because those are the ones who get the most publicity from the hostile Western press

10. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Theres a wierd trend i noticed in the media now you memtioned ali.several times now ive heard people call him cassius clay. Needless to say that the last person to call him clay got beaten to a pulp. I think unstable ppl lke tyson are few and far between and generally islam is a positive influence.

11. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I guess they're trying to 'reclaim' him for the West. The fewer positive Muslim role models the better for the right wing media