Is this the end of Junaid Khan ?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Passionate Pakistani, May 21, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    30 years old.

Pakistan will probably move on to Shaheen, Hasnain, Rauf and Hassan as the leader of attack after worldcup.

Is this the end of Junaid Khan or will we see him again in colored clothes for Pakistan ?

Considering that he is mentally very weak and bottled too many times in pressure situations, do you see him making a comeback from such a massive dissapointment ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    There is perhaps a very slight chance that he may announce retirement.

Every bowler got under the stick, not sure why was he singled out to make room for a million times worse choice, Wahab Riaz?

Rauf had been a better choice.

3. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    I dont understand the selection of hasnain tbh. I dont see anything special in him.. its just a gamble might work, might not work.

Unpopular opinion but i think in place of Junaid it should have been another spinner and not Wahab.

Our spin stock are very low in this WC with Hafeez literally a part timer now and Imad doesnt trouble the batsmen much either.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. cricfreak

cricfreak Emerging Player

Jul 6, 2010
    well this might be the end of him sadly it seems,
    a bowler who once seemed to be like the next big thing for Pak cricket.
    who can forget that 2012 series vs India where he ripped through the indian batting line-up.
    also his county stint for Lancashire in the UK was pretty successful.
    adios :(

5. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    He’ll be back, they always come back.

6. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    I think that picture/post finished off any little chance he may have had. Think that's it (and maybe he will want to call it a day too and spend his days playing county cricket).

7. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    He will be back. This is Pakistan cricket where recalls out of the blue are popular.

8. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    World Cups tend to end many careers

Junaid has missed out but he will be back.

9. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Knowing Pakistan cricket he will be back as skipper or chief selector within 6 months.

10. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    He will continue to selected how he has been throughout his carrier, I reckon.

If selected bowlers wouldnt do well, then ball will be tossed at him, out of 3/4 he might do well in 1/2 and get phainta in remaining game to be dropped again.

Lets be honest here, there is nothing special at all about his bowling anymore. He cant even bowl those yorkers and has become a huge liability in the fielding. Therefore, his future looks bleak.