Irfan: We should've won the final

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, May 2, 2010.

Irfan: We should've won the final

by Abdul Habib
May 2, 2010 at 2:39 AM
  1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    abdu-rauf-pakistan-odi.png

The Baluchistan Bears were humbled in the RBS Pentangular final, they were bowled out 78 runs short of the target. The 110 run partnership between Abdul Rauf and Abid Ali came too late in the day, the Bears were already 8 wickets down when Rauf joined Abid at the crease.

Speaking exclusively to Cricistan.com, Mohammad Irfan felt that the Bears had let the Dolphins run away with the game in the first innings.

"At one stage the Dolphins were 37/2 and then again we had them 133/4 but I think we relaxed and let the game run away from us. It was Hasan Raza's experience and calm head that was the difference between the two teams. He made sure that his partnership with Faisal Iqbal was full of singles and doubles and they ended up with a big score." Irfan told Cricistan.com

Talking about his own bowling Irfan said "I took a couple of wickets and had catches dropped but I should have bowled better. It was a slow wicket that suited spinners and slower bowlers. On the day their slower bowlers did more damage than ours, our middle order struggled and so we failed to reach the target."

In other news Irfan told me that earlier this week he appeared on Bolain Kya Baat Hai with his Baluchistan and Multan skipper Abdul Rauf. He said he was nervous but he thinks it went well.

Irfan has also been picked to attend a 3 week camp in Lahore, it starts on the 5th of May. The camp will include 24 of the most promising players from Pakistan and it'll be another chance for Irfan to impress the selectors.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
Habib conducts player interviews and writes articles for Cricistan.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments