1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

India will deliberately lose against Bangladesh, Sri Lanka: Basit Ali.

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Jun 27, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 21, 2016
    Former Pakistan Basit Ali has claimed that India will deliberately lose against Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, inorder to hurt Pakistan’s chances of qualifying for the semi-finals of 2019 International Cricket Council (ICC) World Cup in England and Wales.

The Virat Kohli-led unit can seal their spot in the semis of 2019 World Cup with a win against West Indies on Thursday in Manchester.

“India have played only five matches so far and they would never want Pakistan to qualify for the semi-final. India’s remaining matches are against Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, and everyone saw the way they played against Afghanistan," Basit was quoted as saying ARY News.

When the anchor asked for more clarification on the statement, Ali questioned India’s approach towards these games.

"People don't say that they will lose intentionally but India will play in such a way that people won't be able to make any remarks. When playing Australia, David Warner didn't play at all,” he added.

Ali also claimed that New Zealand deliberately lost their league game against Pakistan, during the 1992 World Cup.

"Cricket is not a game of chance. In 1992, New Zealand purposely lost to Pakistan (in the league stage) and Imran Khan would agree with that. The Kiwis lost so they could play the semi-final in their own country," he said.

Pakistan had a disastrous start to their World Cup campaign, losing three of their first five matches with a single victory, against England, and a no-result.

But Sunday's win over South Africa at Lord's and Wednesday's victory in Birmingham have revived their hopes of pulling off a sensational comeback.

Their next game is on Saturday against Afghanistan, who have lost all seven of their matches at the tournament in England and Wales and they finish their group fixtures against Bangladesh, who are level with Pakistan on seven points.

Sri Lanka are also in the hunt, one point behind but with a game in hand, meaning 1992 winners Pakistan must still rely on other results going in their favour to qualify from the 10-team group phase.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/n...ately-lose-against-bangladesh-sri-lanka-basit

2. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    India's last game is against SL, if by that time they are already guaranteed number 1 spot and if SL wins their games against SA and WI then its highly likely that India may lose to SL to play its semifinal against SL instead of PK or England. I doubt they will lose against BD because that does not guarantee India semifinal against BD particularly if BD loses to PK.

3. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    This is a dumb statement. Classic stupid Pakistani mindset.

4. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    What a tool.

Even if India lose then still the game is in Pakistan's hand. Defeat Bangladesh then they can't have more points than us. And hope that SL either loses to WI or SA.

We also want one of NZ or India to defeat England.

5. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
  6. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Then they want jobs in PCB.

Shoaib Akhtar is lobbying for Shoaib Malik meanwhile Mohsin Khan said he would drop Fakhar and open with Hafeez :mad::confused::eek:o_O

7. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    I think from Akhtars point of views he is just backing a friend. Which is stupid, i don't think he would ever take up a position in the PCB.

8. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    Now, on one this idiot is exposing his third class mental intellect which ok and comes natural to many in our cricket setup, but on the other hand what’s more cringe worthy is that PCB is planning to promote him on a higher position in the board’s management ranks.

Aaway ka aawa he palta huva hai.

This is truly shameful.

If I were to make a conspiracy theory then I would rather say this.

"India will hope and try their best to meet Pakistan in the Semi and make sure to kick our sorry a$$es AGAIN to set the record straight for the champion's trophy loss".

9. HashiBaba

HashiBaba Talented

Dec 24, 2009
    Why would they do that?

10. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    Basit really is an idiot.

11. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    It’s possible, why not? They may do. It is completely obvious that India carried Afghanistan. So India are demolishing every other team (who always fail to show up or look remotely interested in the game), and then their toughest match is Afghanistan?! Give. Me. A. Break.

Aus match was the most fishy. Warner innings. Starc couldn’t nail a single yorker. Not one! He bowls it in his sleep.

12. Bublu Bhuyan

Bublu Bhuyan Banned

Feb 15, 2010
    Why do you assume every other team to be a bunch of dirty, rotten, corrupt, sellouts like your bunch of filthy ones?

13. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    No they won’t, not everyone is obsessed with Pakistan.

14. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    GUYS WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE PLEASE.

15. BuccalSingh

BuccalSingh Youngsta Beauty

Mar 21, 2016
    You had plenty yourself too

16. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    So India is struggle in a chase on a batting pitch against England.

Wondering what arm chair experts have to say now? (Or they still holds the same option, that Basit is crazy?)

17. Del

Dec 21, 2016
  18. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Inside there is always that thought but defo India gave too much runs and in chasing when Virat and Rohit are set normally you cannot stop the boundaries, we didn't see that today.

19. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    It felt weird, I’ve never watched India play without intent and fire to win, I mostly only watch them against Pakistan but even IPL matches I’ve skipped through are very passionate. This felt flat, it was always like they had 60 runs to catch up to make it a run a ball. Only went to about 40 when Rohit woke up but otherwise very strange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    So what does everyone have to say now? It wasn’t even subtle

21. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    have they lost against Bangladesh and Sri Lanka?

22. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Well SL are already out.

23. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    Lets hope they do , they may just get knocked out.

24. BuccalSingh

Mar 21, 2016
    now i hope india doesnt win the WC, after what they did in last match, they don't deserve to win the wc.

25. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    Would be great to see them crash out as a result of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    At least someone in the high ranks of PCB should’ve immediately filed an official complain to ICC and with their anti corruption unit.

Yes, both are toothless and under the heavy influence of BCCI - BUT - PCB should’ve gotten a lot of unofficial support from other boards and high profile retired cricketers and the international press. And this case would’ve officially documented.

But afsoos, poori qome haathi k kaan mein soi hui hai - including that highly paid new MD, Mr. Waseem Khan.
    He should’ve jumped on it and had used his influence, skill and experience to raise an effective voice. Kis liye hire kiya usko?

27. BuccalSingh

Mar 21, 2016
    No point, as nothing will happen and it will be rejected straight away.

28. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Have a feeling India will lose to Bangladesh today. Not on purpose, but on merit.

They don't have a strong team. If you counter attack their spinners then any team can post 300+against them.

29. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    Decided to do it against England instead to eliminate Pakistan.

30. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    I hope they do lose against Bangla Boys today.

31. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    If Bangladesh win today and New Zealand win tomorrow, it will be a massive game between Pakistan and Bangladesh on Friday

32. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Harbhajan lambasts Basit Ali for his statement against India

arbhajan Singh has severely criticized former Pakistan cricketer Basit Ali for claiming that India will deliberately lose matches in the 2019 International Cricket Council (ICC) World Cup to ensure Pakistan exit from the mega event.

While speaking to India Today, Harbhajan was not impressed with former Pakistan cricketer’s comments.

“What makes him say that? Is he stupid? He’s got to be on a different planet in order for him to talk ill like this. That’s probably the way they have played their cricket and that’s how they see the game,” Harbhajan said.

Earlier, Basit Ali had claimed that India will deliberately lose against Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, in order to hurt Pakistan’s chances of qualifying for the semi-finals of the mega event.

The 48-year-old had also alleged that New Zealand deliberately lost their league game against Pakistan, during the 1992 World Cup.

Harbhajan requested the current Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan to take notice of Ali’s comments.

"I think Imran bhai should fix him now. I think he needs to be fixed because you can't put your team down like this by saying that 1992 World Cup was fixed and now 2019 is fixed as well, " he concluded.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/n...sts-basit-ali-for-his-statement-against-india

33. BuccalSingh

Mar 21, 2016
    It appears to me that basit was indeed wise. Initially it was hard for me to realize Kay Indians itney neech ho sakte hain .