Have England sold their souls to the devil in the hope of winning that elusive World Cup

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Sultan Yusuf, May 21, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
  2. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    Well he was going to be picked anyway...why not for the World Cup?

3. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    Interesting take on the Jofra Archer topic, but that I can understand, I meant more in terms of making absolute flat pancakes because they’ve concentrated on power hitting.

If you go back to the 2017 champions trophy, remember how they were crying about the semi final pitch because it wasn’t a road. It’s amazing how england who should traditionally be good players in decent bowling conditions because that’s what they’ve been brought up on are now looking to flat pitches as their strength.

It seems like clear instructions have been given to the groundsmen to make sure every pitch is a Road.

It may give them a good chance of victory but to what detriment especially on the viewing public and the balance between bat and ball.

There was one moment in the final match of the recent series that was particularly telling. Shaheen swung ONE ball and bairstow looked completely lost. This is an English player looking lost because one ball dared to swing.

4. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    @Sutan Yusuf yeah england are powee packed and more suited to flat pitches but their bowlers will also be very effective on pitches supporting bowlers. Woakes, Archer and Wood are all quality pacers.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    England will struggle on a seaming track. That will be their true test. On flat decks they can score 350-375 easily and chase anything.

6. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    They still won't win it. You can bet your house on this.

7. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    Agreed - england are prone to have a few shockers and knowing their luck it will probably be in the semis

8. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    yeah but why would the ECC produce anything but the flattest of flat tracks with tiny boundaries?

9. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Pitches for ICC tournaments are made by ICC not the home country. Its not like a home test or odi series.

10. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    I thought they outsourced to the home board. they cant hand over grounds to outside ground keepers I would have thought, or decide on how long the grass should be. regardless, since those pitches suit England and India, I bet all of the pitches will be like that. the only exception I can see if they do a Ireland vs Pakistan on us, and leave a green top for us.

11. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    England batsmen might struggle on supporting pitches but they also have ths bowlers for supporting pitches, why do you guys forget them.

Their pace attack is as good as anyone and in adil rashid they have a world class wicket taking spinner, if im not wrong, rashid took the most wickets in odis last years ?

12. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Pitchss in odis are generally flat and high scoring even in SA, Australia and Nz with few exceptions.. think same will be the case in worldcup.

13. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Pitches in WC will be prepared by ICC, most likely will be flat though