1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Hafeez suspended again for illegal bowling action

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Dec 25, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 21, 2016
    Pakistan veteran all-rounder Mohammad Hafeez has been suspended from bowling in competitions organised by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) after his bowling action was found to be illegal.

The all-rounder’s action was reported by umpires during the Vitality Blast T20 match between Somerset and Middlesex at Taunton on August 30, 2019.

Following the report, Hafeez's action was tested at Loughborough University and the off-spinner's elbow extension was found to exceed the 15-degree limit, according to a statement by the ECB.

The 39-year-old has issued the following statement on Middlesex's website, in response to the findings made by the ECB's Bowling Review Group.

"I have received the ECB Bowling Review Group report on my bowling action. Despite identifying procedural testing flaws, which have been accepted by the review committee, as well as realising the findings will potentially affect my reputation as a world-proven all-rounder, I accept the Bowling Review Group findings.”

"As per ECB regulations, I am ready to appear for an independent analysis at an ICC-accredited centre so that I become eligible to play in ECB-organised events."

Despite the suspension imposed by the ECB, the veteran all-rounder will still be allowed to bowl in international cricket.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/news/detail/hafeez-suspended-again-for-illegal-bowling-action

2. Bublu Bhuyan

Bublu Bhuyan Banned

Feb 15, 2010
    If there is any cricketer with no shame, it's him. And no, I'm not targeting him because he is Pakistani.

3. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Lol what a G. He has been banned more times than I can remember but said there was procedural faults in the testing. Shameless.

4. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Professor will bounce back!

5. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    Man, doesn’t this guy have any dignity - you’re 39 years old is it really worth it to carry on and put up with all this. Just leave it man and retire. And even if he wants to continue these tamasha leagues, just play as a batsman.

6. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    I won't be surprised if he gets picked for the upcoming LOI series against Bangladesh. He is Misbah's friend kind of. Lets see.

We have Iftikhar now who can easily play till the next T20I and 50 overs WCs. Not point sticking with Hafeez now, as he can't even bowl well nowadays.