1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Floyd Mayweather v Manny Pacquiao - confirmed for May 2, 2015

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by chandtara, Feb 20, 2015.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Azlan Khan

Azlan Khan Youngsta Beauty

Jul 14, 2013

Yup. Left on good terms.

2. P.B

P.B Smooth Operator

Sep 16, 2012
    Damn. Newbie has him all bruised.

[​IMG]

3. Bouncer

Bouncer Talented

Jan 14, 2010
    is there any reliable link available for the fight?

4. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    round 4 to pac man

5. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Underwhelming. Pretty much expected though I guess.

6. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Floyd Mayweather - The Jose Mourinho of boxing.

Defensive. Boring. No one likes him, but he doesn't give a shit as long as he takes the fight and his money.

7. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Predicted this waaayy to early

Thank God didn't stay up for this

8. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Masterclass from Floyd, better man won. Unlucky Pacman.
    Floyd nullified his game plan from the first bell. Fought the fight on his own terms and dictated. Floyd did what he does best. My heart said Manny but head always had Mayweather taking this on points. Was expecting much more from the Pacman but Floyds defence/counter is just too good.

9. P.B

P.B Smooth Operator

Sep 16, 2012
    So can Amir Khan defeat him. :lol

10. London_Lahori

London_Lahori Tracer Bullet

Feb 18, 2014
    People who think Floyd is boring are clearly casual fans.

11. Savak

Savak Emerging Player

Feb 26, 2013
    Absolutely let down by Manny's performance. He needed to take more chances, could not understand the game plan of trying to out box Floyd and fight on the outside. Manny needed to constantly rush in and take chances but he was too nervous about Floyd's right hand.

You can call Floyd's approach boring, cowardly but it works. The onus is on the opponent to counter it.

12. London_Lahori

Feb 18, 2014
    He's more Tiki Taka Barca. Calling him Chelsea is such a disgrace it almost deserves a two year ban :lol

13. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Lol stop being a hipster, he is a boring fighter. :)
    Though in all fairness pacquio was more culpable for this stinker.

14. London_Lahori

Feb 18, 2014
    Lol. I agree, his punch output was almost halved in this fight. All the excitement came from Floyd, but as usual can't blame humble little Pac for anything.

15. Prince of Pakistan

Prince of Pakistan Talented

Jun 16, 2012

I don't follow boxing, but who is the best these days? People in Britain seem to be fond of Aamir Khan.

16. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012

Didn't say Chelsea. Said Mourinho. Mou got plenty of titles and have won a lot and no one can take those achievments away from him, same with Floyd. Still quite boring IMO though.

Barca would be Spurs in NBA. Tyson in Boxing or so.

17. London_Lahori

Feb 18, 2014
    Tyson lmao. No you wouldn't your floyd. You control football by dominating the ball, floyd controls boxing by dictating the pace and range.

A lot of people found Barca boring, the purists don't. It's the exact same situation with Floyd.

18. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012

Controlling the game by dominating possession is just a facet of the game which enables Barca to attack the other team to oblivion. Never controlled to counter or hold, controlled possession to launch attacks and score so that the opposition wouldn't get to run free.

I don't think there are many who found Barca 2008-12 boring except those who just dislike the team and want it to lose all the time and can't find enjoyment in good football :shrug

19. London_Lahori

Feb 18, 2014
    The last paragraph is exactly the same situation floyd finds himself in. Just a shame you're labelling him with the same stuff people labelled Barca with.

20. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    I missed the fight. Really wanted Manny to win this one. Oh well...

21. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    :fp

22. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Lahori get off ur knees..

23. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    I got the flu man, head was pounding more than a piñata last night.

24. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    I facplamed cuz u felt bad about missing the fight. I also missed it and thank God I made the right choice :)

25. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    Same man, I slept an hour before while waiting

26. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    I'm not sure how a die hard Passionate boxer lover like yourself will be able to forgive yourself for this.

27. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
    May weather isn't bad.

28. Azlan Khan

Jul 14, 2013
    Anyone up for Mayweather vs Khan?

29. P.B

P.B Smooth Operator

Sep 16, 2012
    Is there a chance of it happening? Khan has been knocked out by a couple of boxers, I don't think he'd give much of a challenge to Floyd. Guy is a machine.

30. P.B

P.B Smooth Operator

Sep 16, 2012
    Still laughing at Manny's interview. :lmao

"He didn't really do anything" :lol

31. Azlan Khan

Jul 14, 2013

Apparently there is..

Britain's Amir Khan says Floyd Mayweather's manager told him "let's get that fight on" after the American beat Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/boxing/32572073

32. P.B

P.B Smooth Operator

Sep 16, 2012
    Damn, wouldn't really mind that fight, my brother is a huge fan of Amir Khan so he'll enjoy it.

Is there an estimated date or anything? Mayweather said he has one more fight left with HBO/Showtime, so I'd assume sometime this year?

33. P.B

P.B Smooth Operator

Sep 16, 2012
    I just became a fan two days ago, they did such a good job at hyping up the fight they gained a new fan. :lol

And it would have to be Mayweather because he's been undefeated for 48 fights now.

34. Azlan Khan

Jul 14, 2013

One more fight with Showtime. September, 2015 is the month.

Though, Khan says he can't fight then as Ramadan falls just months before.

35. Kray_Jackson7

Kray_Jackson7 Youngsta Beauty

Feb 24, 2015
    Was a great fight to watch. I was supporting Mayweather and so i am not labelling it a borefest like the casual fans and not saying Mayweather ran away like the Paq fans.

The ring is there, Paq was poor at trying to close it down and poor at cornering FM or keeping him in a corner. Floyd fought a great fight, i think most people are upset because they though FM would be given a tough fight and they were hoping for him to lose but instead he walked the fight as easy as Chelsea walked the league.

Khan does not deserve the fight with Mayweather. He is fight Chris Algieri ffs. I feel all Khan is doing is trying to avoid a defeat and hoping for a big payday. I am waiting to see who FM will fight in september but will be saddened and surprised if it is Khan.

FM has proven his status as one of the ATG, in my opinion, and it was very disappointing to hear the post match interview from Paq and also the excuses that came after it.

36. Aman

Aman Formerly 'Zaros'

May 13, 2014
    I'm surprised Floyed won't try to get to 50... Wouldn't it feel weird to be stuck on 49 with 50 just one win away?...

37. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Lol, anyone who thinks this fight was a stinker gets labled a 'casual'. As for whether Khan deserves a shot Pacquiao was 3-2 when he got a pop. TBH i'd put money on the fact that it will be a hell of a lot more competitve than #maypac and iam themost vocalcritic of khan here.

38. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    Khan should get a fight either with Pacman or Money. Straight as it seems.

39. Kray_Jackson7

Kray_Jackson7 Youngsta Beauty

Feb 24, 2015
    Why should Khan get the fight? He has been skirting and dancing around opponents for a long time. He fought in may 2013 and didn't fight again until april 2014. After the two losses he has fought no one of note. Even Devon Alexander had two losses under his belt when Khan fought him.

Maidana beat Broner and was given a shot Vs Mayweather. Khan knew MayPaq was happening and should have known his next fight could get him the big one, so what does he do? He fights Chris Algieri. What has Khan done to prove he deserves to fight Mayweather? I honestly have no idea why people keep bringing his name up apart from 'his pace will bother Mayweather, his style is perfect to defeat mayweather' Yet the same people were saying the same things about Paq vs Mayweather.

40. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013

He didn't fight cause his career was almost over and from a KO artist he was turning to a defensive strategist. Same could be said about Badr Hari. It takes a lot of time.