Don't treat cricket as some kind of a war

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Passionate Pakistani, Jun 17, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    I can understand the frustration among fans because of the emotional attachment with this game and even more so when it is against our arch rival but all these abuses on social media and even in crowd are just pathetic... seen twitter is full of abuses towards Sarfraz and co and then saw a video where sarfaraz was called mota and asked to go on tableegh instead of playing cricket.

No one wants to fail on purpose, imagine youre abused in public or on social media by your stake holders when you dont perform upto the mark in your respective field ?

Why do we treat a game of sport as some war and go all out against players when they lose ? These people have families, some even have grown up childrens, at least for their sake dont attack players personally and abuse them. Just stick to performance related criticsm.

Show some compassion towards guys, they are our own and not failing on purpose.

Im no saint and have been guilty of doing the same but we can avoid or at least minimise this personal abuse as much as possible.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    I stopped being emotionally attached to cricket like this after 2003 World Cup.

It's not just worth losing your mind and state over a game.

as OP said we should also think about the players, they don't perform bad or lose the game on purpose. They feel 10x more gutted than the fans.

We only cheer them on in wins and bash the hell out of them in defeats. Very unfair.

3. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    They deserve all the criticism and abuse they get. They are Dheet

It won't effect them afterall.

And No this is not like any other office job. This is representation of the 6th biggest nation on the Earth. These players can at least show some will to fight and pride to represent their country. If they can't even do that then they deserve every abuse they are getting.

4. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Just look at my DP. This is our Captain right in the middle of the ground in front of dozens of cameras and billions of eyes. Do you think he was caring that India was 300+ at that time and still 4 overs to go?

5. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
    How else do you want fans to treat ‘professional athletes’ that were caught having burgers and milkshakes a night before one of the most important games of their careers.

Fans dedicate a lot of money and time to watch this team and in return they don’t care.

6. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Anger and frustration is understandable but agree some of the abuse is unnecessary.

Fans spend a lot of their time and money to watch and follow the team, cricket is in their blood and veins, and when you see a lack of commitment and effort by the Pak team it makes the fans upset. You don’t mind losing but not when u don’t even show any fight.

Don’t forget these guys are so privileged to represent their nation, they are paid massive money and live lavish lives travelling the world for free to represent their nation. These sane guys get massive izzat and praise when they do well also, it works both ways.

7. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    If they played with respect then we wouldn’t do that. They represent us on a world stage but yawn on screen, go to shisha the night before a huge match and play so badly that I regret even waking up to watch it. They have no respect for us and the country they represent so why should we respect them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. harsha

harsha Youngsta Beauty

Nov 17, 2013
    I agree that this shouldn't be treated as a war.

But fans have every right to comment about the lethargy that this Pak teams projects. If it was India , I would have done the same