Can you fly a kite?

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Energy, Mar 27, 2018.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    So back in the days, in Pakistan, if you weren't able to fly a kite, it was kinda embarrassing especially on basant when you wanted to impress girls. People holding the dor or giving kanni (that would be me) were inferior to the ones flying - lol. I learnt it eventually but they stopped basant so haven't had a chance to ever fly again, besides its banned now.

How about you? Share your kite stories.

2. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Ive never flown a kite in my life

3. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Used to fly regularly with cousins when I was young during my visits to Faisalabad. The 'paichay' and the aayi bo naarey aftwarwards..... sad that kids these days don't find such stuff to make memories

4. MecnunK

MecnunK Youngsta Beauty

Oct 21, 2015
    if you cant fly a kite, please hand in your Pak nationality or NICOP and apologise to the nation. On the plus side you are now free to support Bangladesh.

never done basant but I flew some kites with kids couple of years back when went to Pak (you can still buy kites although not widely available). Memories from childhood include making my own kites from plastic shopping bags and using broom sticks to fashion the structure, as well as making dor :p. On the0 rare occasions my mum actually allowed me to buy kites, it was literally like Eid. In my defense I was under 10.

5. abc_to_xyz

abc_to_xyz Youngsta Beauty

Nov 20, 2016
    Did it once or twice on basant festivals. I do but not a fan of it.

6. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    I never got the chance to fly one. All my cousins and bros would bully their way to fly one and never give me a try. So I lost interest in it and moved on to much more important things

7. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Flown many kites in my life, but always found it hard in the beginning (due to which destroyed way too many) and when it goes too high in the sky. This happened when I was like 12/13.

8. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
    Yep, learned it by like 8-9. Quite late given where I grew up.

9. Mad Genius

Mad Genius Cornered Tiger

Oct 6, 2014
    I can't fly a kite.

10. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
  11. Jeetu

Jeetu Youngsta Beauty

Feb 7, 2017
    Kite flying still happens alot in Delhi from mid July to Mid Aug. I miss it from time to time.