Babar and Harris needs to bat together, regardless of format !!!

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Oct 9, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Title says it all.

Whenever these two bats (regardless of format), they pull the team out of trouble. It happened in WC as well and today it happened again.

Also, it should be enough for doofus Misbah to realize that there is no point in wasting more chances on these two notorious chuckleheads (Umar and Ahmed). I dont care how many runs they make, they can even hit 100 in PSL, but still shouldnt be selected in any format EVER.

Better try other players like Umar Siddiq.

2. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    Yeah but for all the runs they made together today, the team still didn't win even though Wahab and Iftikhar scored at a high SR afterwards. I believe that in T20s, it is better to not have them bat together as they are both mainly accumulators. No question though that they are the two most solid batsmen in the team.

3. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Harris played with SR of 104 and made 52 vital runs. I will take it any day.

Babar seemed totally off color, which is strange, because he just came back after playing T20 in Eng. He needs to step up and make runs with SR 100+. Today, his SR was 84 with only 1 FOUR, which means he made 23 runs on 31 balls. This means we couldve 8 extra balls to make 13 runs.

More to the point, Safraz should retire from T20, effective immediately, because he is not T20 player by any means no matter where he bats. Its very difficult to hide him in the already fragile & weak batting line up. Today he made 17 runs on 16 balls at SR of 106 but problem is he only hit a FOUR. Which means he made 13 runs on 15 balls.

So in a nutshell, if we put together 8 balls of Babar and 2 from Sarfaz, we could have 10 balls, which could've been used to make 13 runs.

In modern cricket its a SIN to play dot ball. Your intent should be to make at least run a ball and hit boundaries on top. Our players think that they can play 2/3 dots and than will hit a 4/6 to recover the damage - this is plain wrong.

4. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Babar mostly bat at run a ball and same can be said Haris, issue is that fakar is not able to provide a quick start.

Pakistan top 3 in T20 and top 4 in ODI are good and there is no reason to change for the sake of it.

Issue was and will be middle and lower middle order. There is no moon,Razzaq, wasim or afridi who will score more than run a ball.

Ritenow the search has to be for these kind of players.

It is preferable to be Man of Understanding then to be a Man of Knowledge.

5. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    I'd blame the groundsmen for Babar losing his touch. There was literally no bounce in the pitch. Babar is a stroke maker and so his strokes require nice bounce and good pace off the pitch. Neither were on offer today but a truly pathetic innings from such a good player and a rubbish pitch to go with it. Karachi was much better.

• Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I didnt watch the game but I totally believe you. Yes, its very disappointing to see such pitches prepared for cricket, which came back after so many years. What a shame !!!

7. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Babar and Harris are both very soft players. Need to toughen up

8. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Black day has come on CS when my friend @cricfreak didnt agree with me. Well, sorry pal, I will try to do better next time :).

9. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    They cant in t20s even if they get a brisk start. I would even go one further that only one of them two should play if sarfaraz is also playing. Only way them two can play in same lineup ia if sarafraz is dropped which isnt happening.

Having three accumulators in a t20 team is just too much.

Haris scored 50 almost a ball which is certainly not acceptable in this format especially when they wrre only one down till 11th over.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    This concept of accumulator and bashers are wrong.

We need a proper batmens in top 4 irrespective of the format. The comfort and stability provide by top 4 will result in bigger scores as long as we have middle, lower middle order that can up the tempo when required.

So Pakistan must stop playing around with top and start to works and find the proper stroke maker there.

You can't make imad,asif of hassan ali into power hitter, and new options there.

P.s. Be ready to hafeez and malik making a comeback in Australia series.

11. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    With due respect, you are still stuck in 80s.

Cricket has changed a lot ans nowadays teams dont keep a lot of accumulators in odis, let alone in t20.

Just look at transformation of England Team.

Or even India where you will rarely see anyone batting at 100 strike rate.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

12. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    I know for fact a proper batsman can up his game from run ball if he is confident and secure.

Secondly stop Pakistan with india for the quality and culture is different. You don't sack kholi,sachin or robot for pandyas or pants.

There is place for 4 proper batsmen in all format, after hire a power hitting coach help them in improving for it will easy for them score faster than for like of imad and asif.

Just fun 80' WI will win all T20 game if were playing now.

13. cricfreak

cricfreak Emerging Player

Jul 6, 2010
    no haha , i just realized now that i had cliked on dislike by mistake.i agree with you on this 100% mateee

14. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    LOL, no worries bro.