1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Are you diplomatic or straight forward ?

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Passionate Pakistani, Dec 27, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    There are two ways of addressing an issue, either you act diplomatic and have good relations with both parties or you are straight forward and tell them right there on their face that who is right and who is wrong ?

being diplomatic means you will have good relations with both parties whereas in latter case, you will have animosity with one party for sure.

But biggest con of being diplomatic is that you are not being honest and acting like a hypocrite and more worried about your personal relations with everyone instead of calling a spade a spade.

2. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    I can be diplomatic and I can be straight forward. I think it depends on the context and who you are dealing with.

Work wise, I will be diplomatic as creating animosity would be of no use.

If on the other hand, I am addressing a friend, I prefer to be straight forward. Whilst that may make me sound like I don't like that person or I'm being rude, it's the complete opposite. I am telling them how it is, for them to have the best chance of improving themselves/their situation.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    more like straight forward diplomatic person

4. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    theres a time and place for both, its not only one or the other in my opinion.

5. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Neither.... I am a meesna

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    I am as straightforward as it can get.... if I dont like something or someone, I tell him or her on his or her face, I dont like u!! lol
    @SwingNSeam @Del
    #Aries

7. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Always try to be diplomatic. A person who calls a spade a spade will ultimately end up burning bridges and be difficult to work with.

There are obviously black and white issues and facts where calling a spade a spade is required, but in everyday life we often see things within the lens of our own biases and perceptions. In most instances what I see as a spade someone else may see as a fork. Thats why I feel diplomacy and tact is important otherwise we will always just engage in stubborn arguments.

8. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
  9. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    I can be diplomatically straightforward in some delicate cases.