1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

About captancy of Misbah

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Chishti, Apr 2, 2012.

Who is the best alrounder?

Poll closed Apr 23, 2012.
  1. Abdul Razzak

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Shahid Afridi

11.1%
  3. Muhammad Hafeez

66.7%
  4. Shoaib Malik

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Hammad Azam

22.2%

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Chishti

Chishti Formerly 'Winsome'

Jan 27, 2012
    Friends I'm going to ask you the most hot matter now a days in PCB and public.
    Is Misbah should be the captan for T20 world series or not? If not then what captan should be appointed?

2. NO 1 AFRIDI FAN

NO 1 AFRIDI FAN Talented

Aug 30, 2011
    For the sake of stability, yes.

The T20 world cup is less than 6 months away and changing captains now won't be a good idea, tbh.

3. Observer

Observer Emerging Player

Feb 27, 2010
    NO, Misbah shall not lead the T20 and nor the ODI team, because the time has caught up with him. Otherwise he has been a good player.

T20 captain: Hafeez

ODI Captain: Professor (Hafeez)

Test captain: Misbah

4. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    i think Misbah should just quit from t2o, it should be either Hafeez or Afridi for the T20 worldcup

and i have a v bad feeling, they might well appoint malik as out new LOIs captain which will be beyond Pathetic

5. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    i agree, its not as if misbah is some genius or will be missed badly

6. Victorious Pakistan

Victorious Pakistan Smooth Operator

Feb 29, 2012
    For the sake of Pakistan no.

He is useless at this format. I have debated this topic time and time again, Whats wrong with trying Hafeez, or Ajmal? Im sure they won't be as rubbish as him!.

7. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    exactly.. removing/sacking him from t20/odis wont be a loss at all.. we can beat zimbabwe/bangladesh/ireland with any captain.

Misbah captaincy in LOIs is easily replaceable.

8. Victorious Pakistan

Feb 29, 2012
    If he was not captain he would have been dropped a few months ago. Captaincy is keeping him in the lower formats. And even then he is pathetic as captain. It's for the greater good of Pakistan if he stepped down, but since he won't budge just remove it from him.
    I agree we beat the lesser nations at cricket and people think he is a supreme captain when these are games we should win anyway. Useless now he is just get rid of him from the lower formats.

And yes the captiaincy is easily replaceable. Like i said won't be to hard to replace a useless captin like him.

9. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    i have to admit Pakistan LOIs team has lost all its flair and excitement under the captaincy of Misbah .

10. NO 1 AFRIDI FAN

NO 1 AFRIDI FAN Talented

Aug 30, 2011
    Afridi has a rubbish T20 record as captain, especially when compared to Misbah.

11. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    yeah and the reason for that was?

you know the reason, dont you because i saw one of ya post on another forum long time ago highlighting this point

you cant win a t20, if your team is filled with players like younis, misbah, asad and so on.

when he was given a proper team, he defeated Australia 2-0 but when you have test playes in t20, then you cant help it.

12. Victorious Pakistan

Feb 29, 2012
    Our best T/20 captain was Younis Khan. His captaincy was perfect. We also won the world cup under him. But even he knew after winning it was his time to go.....
    Misbah has done nothing and we won't win anything under him with his pathetic captaincy.

Why must we always look back? Why not look forward? If Afridi is not great as captain then give the reigns to Hafeeez and lets see what he has got.

Point is get rid of Misbah from the Lower formats of the game.

13. NO 1 AFRIDI FAN

NO 1 AFRIDI FAN Talented

Aug 30, 2011
    Agree with this part of your post only.

14. NO 1 AFRIDI FAN

NO 1 AFRIDI FAN Talented

Aug 30, 2011
    Yes, I know. But look the same reason can be applied to Misbah's reign too, YK, Asad Shafiq etc etc. And look at the quality of fast bowlers too. At least at that time Afridi had the likes of Abdul Razzaq.

Misbah was hardly in the T20's when Afridi was captain.

Anyways, this isn't about Misbah vs Afridi.

15. Victorious Pakistan

Feb 29, 2012
    And why not the rest?
    You actually think with this team Pakistan can win the T/20 world cup?
    You think Misbah is a good captain?
    And why not give Hafeez the Reigns?

16. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    the problem is not who is in misbah team.. the problem is misbah himself in t20 format :p

i think it will be fair to give it to hafeez or afridi

misbah should show some dignity here and just retire gracefully rather than forced to retire or removed frrom the team.

17. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    some people think that Pakistan team will go into some dark age if misbah retires from LOIs, he isnt that great and we have capable if not better replacement for him in LOIs, both as a batsman and as a captain.

18. NO 1 AFRIDI FAN

NO 1 AFRIDI FAN Talented

Aug 30, 2011
    Misbah is not the best captain, but is the best we have currently.

If we give captaincy to Mohd. Hafeez for such a big occasion and he does not deliver, then what? Everyone will call for his head and look for a new captain.

The fact of the matter is that the T20 World Cup is too big a stage to change captains before. It's too much of a risk.

19. NO 1 AFRIDI FAN

NO 1 AFRIDI FAN Talented

Aug 30, 2011
    Can we stop taking personal shots and remain civil?

Start with naming some capable replacements as captain in LO's?

20. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    There wasnt any personal shot.. i just said that you guys are portraying misbah as if he is the only candidate available in Pakistan to lead us in all formats. He isnt here for all his life and we wont know about others if they arenot given any chance. i can easily highlight misbah selfishness when he lead the team in zimbabwe and bangladesh, he should have just rested and given hafeez or any other youngster a chance to show his skills but instead he was worried about his position.

i remember before westindies tour afridi was saying taht youngsters should be tried for that tour but even when agreed to tour, he let hafeez led the side in tour game but misbah.. misbah will never do any such thing

and then we will think that there is no replacement.. you have to give a chance to someone to see whether he can captain the side.

and yes we can appoint hafeez or afridi because hafeez is quite capable of leading the side and afridi has the experience, also they deserve a place in t20s unlike misbah bhai.

P.S there was nothing personal..if you felt anything. iam sorry.

21. Victorious Pakistan

Feb 29, 2012
    He is not the best captain but it it is not just his captaincy that is poor in T/20's either. His strike rate is abismall recently and he has played us into trouble time and time again. His captaincy adds to this and hence we call for him to be gone.

It's a big occasion and sometimes thats brings out the best in a player. If he doesn't delieve who will call for his head? Also in games do we not see Hafeez being looked up to by Misbah and being asked for advice? Do we not see him running up to bowlers and helping out?
    This is a rebuilding stage for Pakistan and keeping Misbah is not doing that. We need to look forward, we can't keep useless players there anymore. It's what destroying Pakistan cricket and makes it hard to watch at times. Misbah will not help Pakistan in this T/20 world cup. And if he stays i sfind it highly unlikly we will win as hard as it is to say.

It's to big a stage to change captains? I don't believe in that one bit.

22. Boi

Boi Emerging Player

Apr 2, 2010
    Some people may consider this as an extreme move but why not Umar Akmal? He is our best LOI batsmen and that too when he hasn't even batted at his familiar/ideal position. By giving him the captaincy he might just start to bat with more responsibility and we can go onto build a young, fresh side without deadweights like YK, Malik and oldies such as Misbah, Razzaq and Afridi.

Now that might be a complete and utter disaster or a masterstroke, but other than Hafeez and Afridi, Umar sounds like a decent option in theory...

23. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Anyone but not Misbah and Malik. Its as simple as that.. i dont know how misbah warrant a place in LOIs and then especially t20s.. we have better batsman than him in this format and anyone can do a same if not better job than him as a captain in LOIs.

24. NO 1 AFRIDI FAN

NO 1 AFRIDI FAN Talented

Aug 30, 2011
  25. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    then why not afridi?

the problem is that misbah doesnt deserve a place in t20 and we have better batsmen waiting .

26. NO 1 AFRIDI FAN

NO 1 AFRIDI FAN Talented

Aug 30, 2011
    Okay, well do you really think the PCB will change the captains before the T20 WC?

Fans will call for his head, who else?

27. NO 1 AFRIDI FAN

NO 1 AFRIDI FAN Talented

Aug 30, 2011
    Because Afridi has a RUBBISH record as T20 captain!

28. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    and as if mibah always succeed at the bigger occassions

misbah is mentally more weaker than Hafeez or any other player

29. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011

not afridi fault if you give him test players in t20

now dont tell me that misbah has the same reason for t20 poor performances... because he himself doesnt deserve a place either.

30. Victorious Pakistan

Feb 29, 2012
    That is another problem, The PCB.... People with no brain so i doubt they will change it. And when we don't win the T/20 world cup and get rid of Misbah, whats the point then? ^^

The fans want Misbah gone, the fans know this is a rebuilding stage in Pakistan Cricket.

31. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    we can say good bye to worldcup if misbah will be our leader because i know for a fact that this guy will never succeed at a bigger stage .. this time a colombo awaits us.

Johansberg
    Mohali
    and now Colombo

32. Victorious Pakistan

Feb 29, 2012
    One of many reasons.

33. Chishti

Jan 27, 2012
    I think its our nature that when a player or captain perform well we applaud him and if in a single match or single series he failed, we use to call his names. What is this?
    Every body knows that it is Misbah after Imran under whose captaincy Pakistan won 6 series continusly.. I agree that he his not best captain but he is better than any other captain in test and one day... Couple of months his batting performance is badly burst.. Anyhow we've the option to choose a captain from Hafeez and Afridi.. I like Hafeez most but I think Afridi will be the better captain than him... Someone have suggestion to try Ajmal... What a bad idea.. He is my favourite player but he has no ability to lead the team. We've to choose a captain from Hafeez and Afridi or Razzak, oh I've forgot the world's best alrounder Razzak. What do you say about him?

34. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    For Twenty20 they could consider replacing Misbah though I don't think he's done a bad job tactically. Maybe Afridi or Hafeez could lead, don't discount Malik returning after his fine leadership of the Stallions. Much as I like Ajmal and Abdul Razzaq, they're not captain material imho

35. Chishti

Jan 27, 2012
    I'm little bit confusion that may be Malik can be a good captain but can he be a good alrounder like Hafeez and Afridi in present?

36. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    We ca nbe proactive & replace Misbah today or be a reactive to drop him after T20 WC.

We have won few series but none of them were won because of the Captaincy of Misbah let it be Test or LOI. It was few individuals who played out of their skin to again victory & this had happen before & will happen again in future so anyone who want to compare Misbah to Imran or label misbah as the second best must hold on to their statements.

If we think that their is no one in the present team who can Captain the T20 format then start to look outside the present squad & bring in someone who is good brain & has enough domestic level experience as Captain & asking to take up the responsibility. Aus did it with Bailey even though Watson who is vice-captain of ODI & Test is in the T20 team.

Think outside the box it helps sometimes.

37. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    The problem with Misbah is that he is one of the weaker link in our t20 team.. We have better batsmen than him waiting for their chances but looking at Misbah selfishness and nature of Pakistani cricketers he won't retire by himself.

As i said earlier he could have let Hafeez or any other youngster led the team in t20s against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh but instead he was hell bent on improving his captaincy record by winning series against minnows.

38. Victorious Pakistan

Feb 29, 2012
    There are many reasons and it's not just one series fail from which we called for him to be moved away from captaincy. + Those 6series look at the oppoisiton.

39. Chishti

Jan 27, 2012
    Dears I'm not comparing Misbah with Imran.. Obviously Imran is the best ever captain of the world.
    But the main problem is that if we need a batting captain or bowling?
    In past all of our batting and bowling captains were failed but alrounder did a better job... Now We've two options,
    1. Choose Hafeez because he is better alrounder but his career will be at risk because of over age.
    2. Afridi.. But main problem with Afridi is that he wishes to have all his desired player either they are performing or not... Also rough attitude... I like Afridi as a bowler nothing else..

40. taqvi

taqvi Emerging Player

Feb 5, 2011
    In my opinion they should opt for a totally new T20 skipper, forget Hafeez or afridi, as far as misbah is concern he should not only captain but quit T20, he has made our t20 defensive, we couldn't score 130 runs against england
    younis , shoaib malik , misbah and asad should be kept out
    a whole new batch of t20 aggressors will make us win the t20 cup.

Hafeez
    imran nazir
    nasir jamshed
    harris sohail
    umer akmal
    hammad azam
    afridi
    gul
    ajmal
    1 more fast bowlers

This way we have 3 left hand batsmen in the team .... afridi should go one down because we won the t20 cause he use to go one or 2 down .... let umer akmal be the keeper after all its only 20 overs