The Mega Imran Khan/PTI Thread

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Passionate Pakistani, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Online

Passionate Pakistani

Evening Folks,

One and Only Imran Khan, Every Sane Person Favourite

All news/videos regarding Imran Khan and his party PTI should be posted here.

i will start up with this message of Imran khan for youth

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4y5Foh-VF4]Imran Khan exclusive message for Youth of Pakistan - YouTube[/ame]
  2. Online

Passionate Pakistani

Questions about Imran Khan from Ehtesham?

Imran talks alot about Pakistan have resources,we dont need fund and blah blah, buthe problem is that he isnt telling us how thse things will be implemented. How you will use these resources, no process mentioned at all. He is v good at telling us we have got this n that but he has no idea abt how to use it.

He is saying we have to withdraw from this war on terror, its easy to say but hard to implement. Again when you ask him how, he wont know.

Imran can contest 4 seats at the most, how will he win majority. There are only few other candidate in his party known to people.

Imran stubborness, even if wins election somehow, do you really think he will be able to rule for 5 years. There will be plenty of clashes and conflicts because of his stubborness.
  3. Online

ehtesham

well ik is spot on to the fact that we have loads of resources n we don't need to beg anymore...... as far as ur question is concerned dat how will he practically do it.... so here is the answer... some 3-4 months back dr. abdul QADEER khan said dat if government allows me i can produce sufficient n cheap electricity for the nation but government as u knw make loads of money through rental powers so they didn't want him to do this...... if ik comes in power he inshaALLAH will ask dr. saab to do it as he doesn't support any corruption nor he has any rental powers...... he always says 1 thing n i completely agree if the top leadership is not corrupt then to hell wid mna's n mpa's they can't even think of corruption..... he says dat bureaucrats can be hired..... they just need good salary n they are not crap people.... infact they knw their job well..... i mean if ik comes to power he is going to hire specialized people...... not like zardari who gives the ministry of petroleum to some doctor n ministry of health to some engineer...... ik don't need to implement the ideas himself..... he wud just be a leader n his specialized staff is gonna do it for him

u knw brother he is a person who is against drone attacks in which hundreds n thousands of innocent children n women die.... so in reply people of waziristan must have a soft corner for him as well..... m not saying dat he is pro taliban but drones are not pro pakistan as well then..... he can work it out n i do believe him dat war on terror is not our war......

yep u are right but still enough time is left for him to attract more candidates imo... he has done his bid btw....... don't u see many constituency politicians joinig him.... m here in pakistan n i do see him attracting candidates........

well i don't think he is stubborn but he doesn't compromise on anything dat doesn't favour his country n wikileaks tells it all..... i don't think he will find any problem coz the thing u term as "stubborness" which to some extent is there in him is gonna go wid time... coz time is a good teacher
  4. Online

Passionate Pakistani

Lets hope wtever you said is the case.
  5. Online

ehtesham

inshaALLAH........ be optimistic yaar:)
  6. Online

Passionate Pakistani

Iam, n i really wants imran to win somehow. Atleast he cant be worse than zardari,nawaz and altaf.
  7. Online

ehtesham

lol. in say to mat milao iss ko
  8. Offline

Amar

Nice.....
  9. Online

Passionate Pakistani

Amar can you solve Omar bhai problem.
  10. Online

Passionate Pakistani

Imran khan live on BBC 1
  11. Online

Passionate Pakistani

Currently in UK and launching his book.
  12. Offline

zeenix

I wrote this in another thread and i am quoting it here
  13. Online

Passionate Pakistani

Great insight Zeenix bhai
  14. Online

Passionate Pakistani

Some pics from yesterday jalsa

Attached Files:

15. Online

Passionate Pakistani

Some more

Attached Files:

16. Online

Passionate Pakistani

Look at the crowd guys

Attached Files:

17. Online

Passionate Pakistani

King khan

Attached Files:

18. Offline

khana

the major problem i see...

the attitude. its quite evident from, like any other pakistani, imran and his followers totally non-demcratic attitude. for example, and excuse me in pointing that out pp, Every Sane Person Favourite. what that suppose to mean. anybody who has different opinion is insane. that kind of respect we want to show to difference of opinion. i am sorry but thats not democratic attitude. and thats filter down from imran's personality. i wonder whats gonna happen if they came into power.

accusations but no solutions. its is said that if you are not the part of solution you are part of the problem. i haven't heard yet how we are going to solive issues. i mostly heard that others are corrupt (i agree) and some emotional rhetoric, nothing more than that.
  19. Online

Passionate Pakistani

Khana calm down lol

By everybody favourite i means, some likes him as a Cricketer,some as Human being for his social works and some as a politician and some as an overall person.

Now i dont think so there will be anybody who dont like imran in any of the capacity i mentioned above.

And if you look at politics, if someone prefer PPP,PMLN,MQM,ANP over him,then there is def some problem with him/her.

Its either Imran in Politics or No one.
  20. Offline

khana

again my dear friend thats your opinion, right or wrong open to debate. none of us is ultimate knowledge. issue is not that you are right or wrong. issue is you are totally dismissing other people, who don't agree with you. this is the basics of democracy. i am not talking about political parties, who is good or bad. i am talking about this attitude which is totally undemocratic.
  21. Online

Passionate Pakistani

I know what you mean brother but this atitude of PTI supporters is only because of performaance of other parties. Had they performed well, no one would have called their supporters insane lol

How can someone still defend supporting those parties?
  22. Offline

Saul Goodman

Pakistan is not supposed to be a democracy, it was and is intended to be a republic. People shovel the word democracy down our throats like its the answer to all our ills when in fact it couldnt be further from the truth. The truth is that a constitutional republic is far superior to any democracy. As benjamin franklin said 'Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

The ruling elite in pakistan are part of some kind of neofeudalism. Imran khan is not part of the same mechanics in islamabad.
  23. Offline

Saein

This is for you PP - An avatar for you may be?

Attached Files:

24. Online

Passionate Pakistani

Yeah and this is use by faisal raZa abidi and pmln to show his love for weapons and talibanistion.
  25. Offline

khana

was intended. intended by who. generation at the time of independence. how can they decide about future generations. shouldn't we be deciding whats good for us. people evolve e.g., imran evolve from a playboy sportman to a genuine social worker to a political leader. same way societies evolve, maybe people at that time thinks something but we have have every right to think differently. do the general public who suppoted creation of pakistan really know the difference of democracy and republic.

is intended. again intended by who. how we know, how people of pakistan wants to live

here we are discussing the literal or academic meaning/differences of democracy and republic. for masses they are one and same. if we look carefully there is no democracy, every democratic country is republic one way or other. every country work under constitution, which guide legislators. and then there are international human right laws too which control legislators. so the tyranny of majority is rather difficult, although it happens in few cases.

correct me but i never heard from imran khan or tehreek-e-insaf that they supported democracy vs republic. mostly they talk about democracy, i may be wrong.
    if they really have some other ideas, then they should come out and said it before people vote them to power.
  26. Offline

Saul Goodman

Dont be so flippant. To invoke democracy as an improvement on a constitutional republic because you see democracy as an superior and evolved is absurd.

How can they decide about future generations? Because they constitutional republic enshrines the rights of all. A democracy allows the majority to rule regardless of if they trample the rights of the minorty. The modern democratic state as epitomised by the USA has shown how easily they can mobilise stupid people and bend them to their will.

If the general public cant tell the difference then i suggest they pick up a book!

Some times ppl use democracy interchangeable with other ideologies to convey greater rights and liberties. Thats prob why khans party uses it.
  27. Offline

Saul Goodman

and the purpose of this picture is?
  28. Offline

Saul Goodman

now we are talking about de facto and de jure republics. Even north korea claims to be a republic but thats not so. America is the quintessential democracy, just look at them trampling the rights of the muslims. Countries like America ARE democracies the many can subvert the few. It has happened and will happen. Pointing out various branches of government is pointless as is international law.
  29. Offline

Saein

to show Imrans love for the tribal ppl
  30. Offline

khana

the first and foremost rule for a civilized discussion is to respect each other and calling other person's opinion absurd is not showing respect. lets accept that we are allowed to have our ideas.

back to our discussion, i like to know how you define a constitutional republic and how it is different from say pakistan or america. do you see any example in current world or recent past or even in past past.
  31. Offline

Saul Goodman

i respect your right to an opinion and to air it how you feel best but i dont have to afford you the right to force me to respect your opinion. Just kidding.

Ok. i think you assume that having several branches of government such as a legislative, executive etc are the exclusive domain of the democracy but that isnt indicative of a republic OR democracy as both can have them. The real difference is that the democracy essentially says that the masses can regulate etc via popular opinion albeit at the expense of minority. The republic approach differs as it affords everyone including minorities inalienable rights that cannot be interfered with.
  32. Offline

khana

should we ask khans party also to pick up a book to know the difference between two system
  33. Offline

khana

sorry to disappoint you but no i don't assume that.

i am still waiting for the answer of my 2nd question
  34. Offline

Saul Goodman

Imran khan or the PPP i dont paticularly care but i hope that people who want to govern millions of people make the effort to understand basic politics.
  35. Offline

khana

well that makes this whole debate meaningless as this thread is about imran khan.

anyway i am happy that we both agree on imran khan and members of his party must educate themselves about politics
  36. Offline

Saul Goodman

What? Look here, the point i was making is that all political parties need to make a concerted effort not just khans lot. Its quite clear that you have some sort of political biase that has rendered you blinkered and facetious. The fact is that the political elite have moved backwards. From great thinkers like Allama Iqbal, jinnah to bums like zardari. Infact Imran khan would be a step forward from this feudalistic mess that pakistan is in.

And no everything discussed has not been rendered meaningless.
  37. Offline

khana

you seems quite blinkered and facetious by your false assumptions but well most people with limited knowledge normally act like that. personal attacks are for ignorant people who lacks argument and thats the only way they think they can win any discussion.
    its not just political elite but the general population also move backward, of course think they are best among best. examples of such know all is right in front of us.
    if i have no hope from imran or his party, maybe reason is such supporters.
  38. Offline

Saul Goodman

So basically your winning the argument because you say so? Ohhhh jesus! I made no personal attacks just merely observations. Lol point out the 'false assumptions' or stop bothering me with your banal elementary rhetoric.
    The fact that you think your 'winning' a non existent argument without any substance brings me to the conclusion that you should run for high office in pakistan rather than bother be.

General population moving backwards is a symptom of the failure of the ruling elite not the cause. To blame the masses for the states failure is shortsighted.

I am however intrigued as to who you think should run pakistan:)
  39. Online

ehtesham

did anyone hear this??

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cenib1lO2kg&feature=player_embedded]Mian Azhar Joins PTI - Hassan Nisar's Analysis - YouTube[/ame]
  40. Online

Passionate Pakistani

Mian azhar the real leader of pmlq?? Sidelined by chaudrys after he lost in elections??