PIA baggage restrictions

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by chandtara, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Offline

chandtara

I'm going in 2 weeks InshAllah. This will be my first visit in 4 years. Last time I went I took with me one suitcase and 1 bag in my hand. Iv just been told that I can't do that now. First of all my question to those who have been to Pakistan recently from the UK is - is the weight allowance on economy 40kg plus 7kg hand luggage? Secondly the 40 kg iv been told needs to be split into 2 suitcases as there is a restriction on the weight allowed per suitcase - can anyone confirm? And lastly is there any restrictions in the size of my suitcases?
    Iv got a bit of information from the PIA website but not much.
  2. Offline

Saladin

The maximum weight for a single checked in case can only be 32kg regardless of baggage allowance, due to health and safety . This rule applies to all airlines at Heathrow. As I work for a handling agent as a customer agent. Dnata,

In the hand luggage, personal items such as laptops, electronics are not part of the hand luggage allowance.
    chandtara likes this.
  3. Offline

chandtara

Thanks Saladin. Is there any restrictions on the size of the suitcases? Will I be able to leave my IPad in with the hand luggage or not?
  4. Offline

Saladin

Yeah you can leave the ipad in the hand luggage , however there is restriction on the size of the hand luggage size. I work on Qantas flights , their hand luggage restriction is the following.
    • 1 x 115cm (45in) bag or
    • 1 x 185cm (73in) non rigid garment bag

There isnt a strict restriction on checked in suitcase other than a pieace doesnt exceed 32kg. Most airlines have out of guage facility for checking in fragile itmes, large sport equipments i.e. bikes surfing board . But if it exceeds your baggage allowance, they will charge you per kilo. Qantas charges £33 per kilo.
  5. Offline

Victorious Pakistan

I went this december to watch ma older bro's get married. And as for your question for Weight and stuff...I was allowed up to 40kg. But i had it split in 2 Suitcases, i do not know if you should or not, i just prefered 2. Also with PIA you are allowed 7kg hand...Take anything by hand Ipad OR WHATEVER THEY DON'T SAY ANYTHING.

Oh and by the way, just a word of advice, they are pretty strict with sprays and stuff now. Really strict infact :)
  6. Offline

Victorious Pakistan

Let me also say since it was ma bros wedding we took alot of stuff and 6 of us went. We had uhm 240KG to play with...I think infact we got 220KG used...NOT INCLUDING HAND LUGGAGE haha :)
  7. Offline

chandtara

Yeah hand luggage will be a small bag, it's mainly my daughters milk/nappies which is taking most of the space. Would have bought it from over there but it's actually much cheaper from here believe it or not.

I think they charge an extra £10 for every kilo you go over here
  8. Offline

chandtara

A Pakistani family not using up the full allowance?! 
  9. Online

Passionate Pakistani

i dont know abt now lol, its almost 4 years since i hve been to Pakistan last time

and my luggage was about 60 kg lol and the allowance was only 40, had to pay 100 pounds extra :p
  10. Online

Passionate Pakistani

24O is alot to play with CT bhai
  11. Offline

Victorious Pakistan

They won't check your hand luggage in England in Pakistan it's such a hastle i'll tell you mate, they make so many problems for you (Be prepared! haha)

Infact! My bad! We got 3-4kg over but they guy at heathrow was kind and just let us through cause we didnt have much hand luggage =)
  12. Offline

Saladin

Just make sure, liquids e.g. lotions, deodrant, toothpaste over a 100ml are not in your hand luggage, except baby milk.
  13. Offline

Victorious Pakistan

Yeah, they are extrememly strict with that :)
  14. Offline

karachigirl

lol.

It's no big deal at the airports I'm familiar with.

You go 20 kg over, still don't have to pay a single penny.

Never happened to us though, we usually go 3-5 kg over.

The airline I travel with allows 10kg for the hand bag.

I'm going to go on PIA for the first time in 5 years, and they only allow 7 kg??

I'm scared of going on a PIA flight. The food smells and looks like cardboard and I heard there were extra people on a Lahore to Islamabad flights, so 2 people had to sit on the toilet.

Akward.

Injustice!!
  15. Offline

Victorious Pakistan

It is a big deal now, they do fuss over it alot. We got lucky to be honest, was 4KG over at heathrow but because be didn't have much hand luggage hey said aight just go on through. Also asking my dad with PIA it is 10KG hand luggage. And about your food, i didn't have a problem going to pakistan the food was actually ok, BUT! on the way back it was not the best lets say :).... And to your thing about them people on toilets, i doubt that. In pakistan the way they check and organise at Airports and security is much much higher then we get and do in the UK. I think from Lahore Airport i had to do 5checks before i got onto a plane :)
  16. Offline

karachigirl

^the toilet thing was on the news

unbeliveable
    RapidSnake29 likes this.
  17. Offline

Victorious Pakistan

wow thats pretty messed up :confused...Im lucky normally the flights i get on have a few empty seats so i don't have to worry about people sitting on toilets xD
  18. Offline

karachigirl

Well, since this topic is on airplanes and stuff...

This blog was NOT written by me. It was written by Maha Kamal in the Express Tribune.
    Travelling by air means running into some very interesting people. Here are some regulars I have come across:
    1.The little angel
    Every economy class plane is bound to have its adorable cherub. This little angel is wrapped in plush blankets, has the pinkest cheeks and starts the journey peacefully. That is until he/she lets out a banshee shriek that has every passenger’s ears ringing. The angel suddenly transforms into a demon spawn with a terribly loud siren for a larynx. As mama tries to calm lil’ sweetie, baby remains resolutely stubborn to give headaches to one and all.
    2.The seat-stealer
    When you checked-in online, you carefully selected the best available window seat. Happy that you’ll get to have an aerial view of the world, you’re looking forward to this 10 hour flight. You board the plane, all set for the journey. But when you get there, you discover that ‘your’ seat isn’t really yours. The passenger there is blissfully oblivious to the fact that they stole it. This aunty/uncle is usually already sitting comfortably there, settled in properly. They’re usually elderly and asking them to move would be petty and plain rude. So you suck it up in the aisle seat and get up every time they ask you to for bathroom breaks.
    3.The rude recliner
    The air hostess on the plane has finally brought out your food. You have your table stretched out and are just about to take the first bite when… seat-quake! Uncle sahib in the front decides he wants to take a nap. Without a warning, he pushes his seat back to the maximum. You’re squashed, spilled tea and all. You pull your seat back a little, and so start the seat dominoes.
    4.The chatty aunty
    You’re at a cliffhanger in the book you’ve been meaning to finish. Excited that you finally have some reading time in this 14 hour plane ride, you carefully take your book out. Then suddenly “baita, where are you from?” you hear a shrill excited voice. You respond with a monosyllabic, polite response. Insert name of place. This doesn’t work. The conversation is never-ending from there on.
    “Ohhh, there? My aunt’s daughter’s husband’s brother lives there too! What a small world! Do you know?”
    “No aunty, I haven’t had the good fortune to meet them yet.”
    “Oh, what a travesty! I MUST add you on the Facebook and introduce you”.
    At this point, you are thinking: “Aunty, why on earth do you have Facebook. Farewell, oh book I’ll never finish now.”
    Snarkiness aside, sometimes you might even make good friends on the plane, so spin the Wheel of Fortune
    and see who comes your way.
  19. Offline

Saladin

sadly pia is the only carrier that goes direct. .....Everything related to pia stinks, the plane, food and passengers lol.
  20. Offline

chandtara

Exactly. I have my mum with me otherwise I wouldn't have gone through pia. I quite like the Qatar experience
  21. Offline

karachigirl

Qatar and Emirates are really good.

KLM for me didn't live up to the hype.
  22. Offline

sameerM

Nothing wrong with PIA...calm down boys and girls!
    ok, its not first class service even IF u book first class! but best thing is to be nice, they usually nice back.

Weightwise CT, 2*20kg is best... and a sportsbag or backpack or trolley bags are good enuff, about 7-10kg..

Dont put ANY liquids in ur hand baggage (less than 100ml is ok) but even a ribena carton will get taken off u since its over 100ml.
    Any toothpaste, deoderants, creams etc NOT allowed in hand baggage; get travel pakcs if u really want to take in hand.

ps. Direct flight of 8ish hours is LONG enuff; go direct unless u gonna have a break in middle of a few days in dubai/etc.
  23. Online

Passionate Pakistani

and you will be watching some movies from 70's on PIA
  24. Offline

karachigirl

^my dad was watching something from the 50s.

i asked y he would do that and he said that was the latest movie they had.
  25. Online

Passionate Pakistani

Even the airhostess are fat, ugly and rude.:p
  26. Offline

karachigirl

^and they have too much makeup on.

and i think the foundation they use is too shiny, its soo oily looking
  27. Online

Passionate Pakistani

Why are you bothered about their looks?
    You are a girl anyways
  28. Offline

karachigirl

^but the oily foundation makes them look all shiny all bad

who said i was bothered?
    i merely pointed out a fact
    NO 1 AFRIDI FAN likes this.
  29. Offline

sameerM

Lollllllllll makeups too shiny..

Movies from 50s ... u lot so rude but funny
    karachigirl likes this.
  30. Offline

NO 1 AFRIDI FAN

Lol, reminds me of an incident we had whilst going Dubai for England vs Pakistan. :confused

I like Etihad and Emirates, tho.

And, have a good time there CT! Enjoy it. :)
  31. Offline

chandtara

Thanks for the help guys, leaving England we had restrictions meaning the maximum weight a suitcase was allowed was I think 28kg so I made two suitcases weighing 20kg each. You can take more but they then charge £10 for every Kilo that you go over. Hand baggage is restricted to 10kg per person.
  32. Offline

Anousha

Can anyone help me, i´m going on a PIA flight from Barcelona to Islamabad in 2 weeks time. I have 2 laptops. They fit in one bag and weigh collectively 6.5k, is that ok?
    Also i want to take makeup and a small bottle of perfume (under 100mls) is this now not allowed?
    Thanks in advance.
  33. Offline

Aunty Virus

Dont take perfume with you. Avoid liquids in your hand carry. Also if possible try to bring one laptop per person, its not an issue but you never know with pakistan customs.
    RapidSnake29 likes this.
  34. Offline

Victorious Pakistan

Much like @Disco Lemonade just said, They don't allow drinks and stuff onto planes such as bottled stuff, they seem to be very strict on those. Perfumes should be 100ML, again very strict on that. And PIA allows 7KG by hand, so if the laptops take up 6.5 you got another 0.5 to play with, but it's best to do one laptop per person.
  35. Offline

karachigirl

Whatever you do, do NOT take perfume in your handcarry.

They confiscated my bottle last November.

I don't think you'd have a problem with makeup, unless you have liquid foundation, or eyeshadow or anything else that is liquid.

One laptop per person will ensure that you have no problems.
  36. Offline

Saladin

any liquid item 100ml and less is fine for hand luggage , just put it in a plastic bag.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pia baggage allowance 2012

2. pia luggage allowance from uk to pakistan 2012

3. pia luggage allowance 2012

4. pia baggage allowance,
  5. pia baggage allowance uk to pakistan,
  6. pia weight limit,
  7. pia luggage weight,
  8. pia luggage allowance,
  9. pia luggage,
  10. pia excess baggage charges uk,
  11. pia baggage size,