PCB, SLC sign agreement

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Sir John, Jun 28, 2012.

?

something worthy decision by pcb

yess 5 vote(s) 100.0%
no 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Offline

Sir John

2. Offline

Aunty Virus

Good move by the PCB.
  3. Offline

nagyal

potentialy good news,but who is going to send their players when their national teams are not willing to tour because of security concerns.
  4. Offline

Fawad

When the time comes, they will make some sort of an excuse or arrange another series with India, just to mess with us...
    Stumps and Bails likes this.
  5. Offline

shahrukh619

I dont understand after what happened to sri lanka in lahore, pakistan still likes inviting them to pak...

Ashraf might have signed this document or what ever, but the players are not going to come to pak for fear of securrity
  6. Offline

isaacking

Look at it from different point;

Board is responsible for the security of the National Team but if any individual player sign-up in a league then his security is not the headache of the Board.
  7. Offline

HashiBaba

Whether it is a national team or an individual player playing for 'Lahore Lions', the PCB and Pakistan government will still have to arrange and ensure adequate security for the players. This will not be a private visit/holiday for the players.....this is still a 'business trip' as such where they will be travelling to play cricket so their security will still be the board and government's responsibility.

Unfortunately at the moment there is still a perception that Pakistan is not a safe place. This perception is based on facts and I do not blame anyone for thinking this. But things are improving slowly....the number of bombings has been going down since 2009. At the moment though we aren't likely to be able to persuade many cricketers to come. Maybe a handful from here or there but we aren't likely to get masses of cricketers from all over the world.

I think the best we can hope for is that the general election brings a stable government and we go 2 or 3 years without a bombing in a major city. Then we can slowly and gradually start bringing cricket back to Pakistan.
    ehtesham likes this.
  8. Offline

ehtesham

great development.

our players hardly get a chance to earn money, unlike players from other countries who get to play in famous t20 leagues all over the world.

although, its not as big as i.p.l or big bash but something is always better than nothing.