Pakistan-Australia six-match T20 series approved

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by straightdrive1, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Offline

straightdrive1

The ICC has approved a six-match Twenty20 series between Pakistan and Australia, which if it goes ahead will be the longest bilateral T20 series ever staged by international sides.
    The PCB had originally been keen to lock in a series of three T20s and three ODIs in the United Arab Emirates in August, but the extreme heat at that time of yearraised serious concerns from Cricket Australia and the Australian Cricketers' Association.
    The ICC has a rule limiting the number of matches in a bilateral T20 series to three, but countries can ask for special dispensation to hold a longer series in exceptional circumstances. The PCB's struggle to find a suitable venue for an ODI series in August prompted a proposal for a six-match T20 series, which has been approved at the ICC Chief Executives' meeting in Kuala Lumpur.
    "The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) requested support for the flexibility to stage a six-match Twenty20 International series against Australia potentially in the United Arab Emirates in August," the ICC said in a statement. "This request required a special dispensation from the CEC and then the ICC Board as the current regulation permits only three T20I in a series.
    "Because of the extreme daytime heat in the UAE at that time of the year, the CEC raised no objections to the principle of a six-match T20I series replacing the scheduled series of three ODIs and three T20Is should the PCB elect to make that switch."
    A Cricket Australia spokesman told ESPNcricinfo on Monday afternoon CA was still waiting for further details of the series from the PCB.
    A number of three-match T20 series have been held between international sides in the past, but never have four or more games been approved by the ICC.
    The six games will provide an excellent opportunity for both sides to finalise their preparations for the ICC World T20, which takes place in Sri Lanka in September.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/story/569940.html?CMP=chrome
  2. Online

Fawad

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/current/story/569940.html

--------------

5 or 7 is fine, but why 7?
    Stumps and Bails likes this.
  3. Offline

ManHOOS

142847.jpg

The ICC has approved a six-match Twenty20 series between Pakistan and Australia, which if it goes ahead will be the longest bilateral T20 series ever staged by international sides.
    The PCB had originally been keen to lock in a series of three T20s and three ODIs in the United Arab Emirates in August, but the extreme heat at that time of year raised serious concerns from Cricket Australia and the Australian Cricketers' Association.

The ICC has a rule limiting the number of matches in a bilateral T20 series to three, but countries can ask for special dispensation to hold a longer series in exceptional circumstances. The PCB's struggle to find a suitable venue for an ODI series in August prompted a proposal for a six-match T20 series, which has been approved at the ICC Chief Executives' meeting in Kuala Lumpur.

"The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) requested support for the flexibility to stage a six-match Twenty20 International series against Australia potentially in the United Arab Emirates in August," the ICC said in a statement. "This request required a special dispensation from the CEC and then the ICC Board as the current regulation permits only three T20I in a series.

"Because of the extreme daytime heat in the UAE at that time of the year, the CEC raised no objections to the principle of a six-match T20I series replacing the scheduled series of three ODIs and three T20Is should the PCB elect to make that switch."

A number of three-match T20 series have been held between international sides in the past, but never have four or more games been approved by the ICC. A Cricket Australia spokesman told ESPNcricinfo on Monday afternoon CA was still waiting for further details of the series from the PCB.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/current/story/569940.html
  4. Offline

ManHOOS

Mods my thread is very thrilly, will pump u so plz merged it there from heya ;)
  5. Offline

ManHOOS

6. Offline

ehtesham

this is going to be fun :)
  7. Offline

NO 1 AFRIDI FAN

Great! I was gonna go Dubai at that time, may as well watch the T20's there too now. :)
  8. Online

iZaman

Brilliant stuff. Perfect preparation for the T20 world cup.

I just hope good youngsters are selected in this series and hopefully whatmore is able to select the best team.

Hopes are high for the selection of Imran Nazir, Ahmed Shahzad, Zia-ul-Haq and Asad Shafiq. :good
  9. Offline

Energy

Happening in August which is great. Good preperation for the WC but I really don't prefer a 6 match T20 series at all.
    HashiBaba likes this.
  10. Offline

AZK

wish they'd have the ODIs as well, infinitely more interesting than T20s for me.
    1137moiz, AAKS and HashiBaba like this.
  11. Offline

HashiBaba

With the T20 Cup round the corner, 6 games against Australia is very very good preparation. But I just think it's too many. This is going to be overkill. Even 5 would have been just about ok.

Would have loved to have seen some ODIs in this series but with the heat and humidity of the UAE, I guess not possible.

Anyway it took the PCB 77 years to sort out the venue. I wonder how long it will take them now to sort out some dates.
  12. Offline

AAKS

Odis definitely make for better viewing than T20s but since the T20 WC is just around the corner, 6 T20s seem to be the right move
  13. Offline

Bouncer

cant wait to watch sami running in.........
  14. Offline

1137moiz

This!

I love the UAE grounds but honestly, even winning the WT20 wouldn't be compensation for the unbridled boriat of a 6-game T20 run.
  15. Offline

iZeeshan

I hope they really plan this out well.

They should pick a large squad (18 players) and try out various combinations for the first three-four games, and then stick with one of them for the last two or three.

I'm hoping to see Nasir, Shehzad, Nazir, Haris, Raja jr, J Anwar, Gauhar Ali, Zia-ul-Haq, Sadaf Hussain and Rahat Ali

I also hope that Hammad Azam gets at least 4 games and cements himself
    HashiBaba likes this.
  16. Offline

HashiBaba

Agree with all of this but not with the inclusion of Imran Nazir....definition of a tried and tested failure.
  17. Offline

iZeeshan

I'm not sure of that Hash. I think he's exactly what we need at the top of the order. I think he can be pretty useful in T20s, get us quick 20s and 30s. Better than Awais Zia anywya.
  18. Offline

HashiBaba

He's played 16 T20 Internationals and on 8 of those occasions he was out for 10 or less. So half the time he gets out for 10 or less.
  19. Offline

iZeeshan

I agree his record hasn't been the greatest but he has been lighting it up in literally every single tournament across the world so I figure he deserves a chance again. His aggression and passion is what we're missing.

I'd open with Nazir and Nasir to start, with Shehzad also in the mix. Nasir can also play at three, while the other two open.
  20. Offline

HashiBaba

I do believe the door should never be closed on anyone (unless they are fixers) so i'm open to his return but he'll have to do a lot to convince me that he should be selected. A few scores against Chtittagong aren't enough.
    1137moiz likes this.
  21. Offline

iZeeshan

Yo, come on, let's be fair - it wasn't just Chittagong. He was killing it in the Faysal T20 too and that has been the selection criteria for a lot of players. And in whatever other tournaments he played in honestly.

He also just hit 157 off 41, granted against a club team, but very, very difficult to do nonetheless.
  22. Offline

HashiBaba

The thing is he's always been a domestic bully.

The jump from facing those bowlers to facing international bowlers, in the past, has proven to be far too big for him.
  23. Offline

1137moiz

I think Nazir can be useful in T20s but honestly even there I'd much prefer to try out Jamshed, Zia, etc because Nazir is one of the most overrated batsmen I've seen from Pakistan (and I love watching him too). He makes Afridi look like a sensible batsman, he literally screams off to scores of 15-25 before throwing his wicket away--he had a prime opportunity in 2004, 2007 & then 2009 to seal a spot for good and he blew it. The frustration is especially enhanced when you remember that in 2000-2002 when he first started, Nazir was a genuinely talented and also more sensible aggressor before this suicidal tendency took hold
  24. Offline

iZeeshan

Don't think he's ever had as consistent as a run as this before. Not to mention, there's no one else who has his aggression, experience and talent. He's also a brilliant fielder. A must for this team, IMO.
  25. Offline

iZeeshan

All we need from him is to scream to 25. No one else can do that. Zia was a hit or miss honestly.

And Nasir Jamshed is a proper batsman, both should be in the team IMO.
  26. Offline

jawad mohmand

27. Offline

1137moiz

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Users found this page by searching for:

1. match pakistan t20 six 2010