Cricket Vs Football?

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by pak_fan_4_life, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Offline

pak_fan_4_life

Many of us love sports altogether, i know i do but i definitely think that the game cricket is football can never be!
    Football maybe a little more that kicking a ball around but the aim of the game is pretty simple,
    cricket also has a simple aim of winning but the game requires a bit more thought.
    i dont know what u guyz think but for me cricket is no. 1, i watched the euro cup and i noticed i dont get as sentimental about the game as much as cricket but thats maybe cuz theres no pakistan in football and im not really a strong supporter of england in any sport i just watch it!
    Cricket requires logic and im a logical thinker where as football is loved all around the world cuz its a lot more straight forward and common sense!
    Passionate Pakistani likes this.
  2. Offline

Passionate Pakistani

Great thread to start @pak_fan_4_life

Well first of all Football isnot only kicking the ball, one needs to understand the rules and know everything about a sport to enjoy it.

Well universaly, there is no match of football. Football is the number one sport in world and this is an undeniable fact. The amount of money and fame one gets through football is unmatchable.

Many people around the world know players like Zidane, Ronaldo, Pele, Maradona irrespectivd of whether they like football or not.

Imnt sure many around the globe will know the likes of Sir Viv, Steve Waugh or even Tendulkar?

Personally, i like both and follow football more passionately compare to cricket.

Cricket can be too time consuming whereas in football you will get the result with in two hours and all those two hours are full of excitement unless you are watching Greece V England. :)
  3. Offline

pak_fan_4_life

@Passionate Pakistani
    u made a good point, but to be honest u cant move from the sofa or from where ever your sitting when watching cricket because in your 2 second trip to the kitchen and back there could be a wicket or 6 runs!
    where as in football you could go for half an hour and come back and there still may not be a goal.
  4. Offline

Passionate Pakistani

@pak_fan_4_life

As i said it depends which games you have followed..

And its not mostly about goal or wickets.. Its about the style of play which fascinate you the most.

And i will recommend you to watch the semifinals of Euro

Especially the one between Germany and Italy, iam sure you will become a great fan of football.

Watch some old games of Brazil, Argentine,Germany and Spain on youtube and iam quite confident that you will love it.

The enthusiasm, excitement and agitation of football is simply matchless.
    ehtesham and RapidSnake29 like this.
  5. Offline

pak_fan_4_life

i watch all football mathces and i didnt say it was a bad game, it just isnt as good as cricket!:good
    Passionate Pakistani likes this.
  6. Offline

Passionate Pakistani

One of the main reason can be the absence of a Pakistani Football team. ( there is a team but play at a very low level)

I dont think you will be following cricket matches of other teams that passionately or it excite you same like Pakistan matches... So same is the case with football.
  7. Offline

Victorious Pakistan

@Passionate Pakistani You certainly have written a few good Lengthy posts :p :)

That is one thing which makes a lot of sense from @Passionate Pakistani, Style of play is key to any sport being fascinating or exciting to watch.

These are two very different sports.
    • Cricket is the one which requires far more thinking and has a lot more strategy to it which is what makes it so good.
    • But on the other hand Football is usually quick paced and very exciting to watch in comparison to Cricket Matches.
    I mean you would not watch a Cricket game of Bangladesh vs South Africa over a football game between Germany vs England or something, as the Football game would be far more exciting to watch and more intense.

Football is the quicker paced game, but not all games are exciting, it comes down to personal prefernace and style. I mean like i gave the above Cricket example i will now give a Football one like @Passionate Pakistani gave. There is no chance i would watch a game between England vs Greece over a South Africa vs Australia cricket game as one would be far more exciting then the other.

Football is not as easy as people make it out to be, "Oh all you do is kick a ball", there is a lot more skill then to just kick a ball, Awareness, Ability, Skill, Movement etc are all essantial in Football in even a few seconds and could be the difference between winning a losing. And that seperates Greats from Average players. It is also the far more (Fitness wise) difficult out of the two sports.

I agree i don't think this Euro has been the best by any stretch of the imagination, But nor was the Cricket World cup in West Indies. In saying that the Euro has been pretty decent, in the fact there has only been one goal-less draw (Yesterday Quarter Finals, England vs Italy). The semi Finals are one to look forward to though as are in any sport. The best Euro was probably the 2008 Euro in terms of thrills/Drama/Exciting and for World cups probably the 2006 World cup in Germany, it had everything. Those two Football events (2006 Football world cup, 2008 Euro) were the best in any sport for me. The world cup in South Africa was not as good to be honest.

It is hard to compare the two sports as they are very different, but for me, specific games bring thrills in either sport so hence i watch both with keen interest. Cricket being the far more Tactical and Football being the more Exciting.

@ehtesham Your views? :p (Strictly no Argentina) :)
  8. Offline

Passionate Pakistani

@RapidSnake29

You are the third one after @ehtesham and energy bro who is surprised at my posts.

I can certainly write long and meaningful posts, iam very under estimated here. :(

And yes you are right, it depends upon the team,game and tournament.. But for me Football is always number one.

I dont follow other teams cricket matches that keenly but when it come to football, i do watch games as a neutral.
    ehtesham and RapidSnake29 like this.
  9. Offline

HashiBaba

To me, nothing compares to cricket.

Cricket is the greatest game on earth. In my opinion.

And that's what it ultimately comes down to....what makes you tick as an individual. Football may be more popular around the world but being more popular doesn't make it better.
    NO 1 AFRIDI FAN likes this.
  10. Offline

ehtesham

cricket is simply unmatchable!! off late i've started losing interest cus undeserving players get selected all the time but cricket was my 1st love in it will always stay the same :)

football is just a fun sport :younus!! unless it involves argentina or man city.
    RapidSnake29 likes this.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cricket vs football in pakistan

2. 10 reasons why cricket is better than football

3. difference between cricket and football

4. cricket vs football in england,
  5. comparing cricket and football,
  6. give 10 reasons cricket is better than football,
  7. foot ball is cheaper than cricket in pakistan,
  8. how many people in pakistan watch cricket,
  9. difference between football and cricket,
  10. cricket vs football compair,