Cricistan Super League - Reflections and Improvements

Discussion in 'The Games Room' started by Energy, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Offline

Energy

[IMG]

No, Season 2 is not starting tomorrow lol.

The inaugral season of CSL has been well-recieved by cricistanis and I'll thank them all personally who have responded to team and match threads and have takes keen interest. If you feel we need to carry on with Season 2, then make use of this thread to shoot in your thoughts. If you would like to stop, then shoot the thoughts out as well since this is primarily based on user interest levels only.

As we approach the finals of CSL Season 1, I'd hope other team members will join in to support both teams and crown the first ever Cricistan Super League Champions. There will be a little break after that, gives us all time to correct our weaknesses and build up for a much better Season 2. Alright then, bit by bit:

1) How many formats should we have?
    2) What should be the ratio between cricistanis and pakistanis (if at all)?
    3) Which simulator should we use?
    4) What are you looking forward to seeing in CSL Season 2?
  2. Offline

Inswinger

First of all, I'd like thank and congratulate @Energy for running a great league where the meaning of fun was not lost. Brilliant work!

Moving on to season 2, I think we should be running a FC competeion. My suggestion is to go the contract route instead of the budget. Contracts should be sent directly to you so nobody cheats. CS players can be given higher contracts and Pakistani players can fill in the spots with lower contracts.
  3. Online

Passionate Pakistani

Thanks @Energy bro for such a successful season.

Iam very sorry for my misbehaviour as i crossed the limit on too many occasions.

I think we can just get rid of Pakistani players and innvolve only Cricistani players and i agree with inswinger, we should run a FC competiton.

Sim - You can use any as i dont have any ideas about these sims.
  4. Offline

Boi

Energy, hats off! You've done a cracking job with the league and have brought something new to the site! Keeper it up, mate! :)

I agree with Inswinger's suggestion about the contracts and having a FC league.

I think having more Cricistanis involved will obviously be better and personally I'd like the teams to be named after actual domestic sides rather than fantasy names because it can bring rivalry into the league with lets say 'Karachi vs Lahore' type games. From my experience the syed-u-rehman sim is great for both FC and limited over games and if that means doing away with the T20 league then I wouldn't really mind it as FC and limited over matches will bring the same excitement.

Just my two cents. :)
  5. Offline

Energy

Many thanks guys, does anyone know of any FC sim that will work on Windows 7? As @Boi rightly mentioned about the syed-ur-rehman sim but I can't understand as to why it does not work on my laptop for some reason. Domestic names is a cracking idea.

@Inswinger the contracts certainly look a better option bro, but should it be visible to only captains/vice-captains or everyone? And should we limit it to A-D or have many variations?

@Passionate Pakistani no need to be sorry for anything mate, you were the most active during match threads and that's the best part about it!
  6. Offline

Inswinger

7. Offline

Energy

I did but it tells me to download a DOS emulator, something along the lines of DOSBOX. I'll have to show it to the techies at the Uni. to get my way around it.
  8. Offline

Inswinger

I think Blitz ran it on Windows 7. Try e-mailing him for info.
    Energy likes this.
  9. Offline

NO 1 AFRIDI FAN

One thing is that the teams should include all the cricistani's maybe even get rid of the international players [IF enough posters join up]. It is made for cricistani's after all.
  10. Offline

Energy

Definitely. All cricistanis was the original plan back then as well but not many joined up and as Inswinger mentioned, if at all we need Pakistani players, they'll just make up the numbers and have low contracts.
    Passionate Pakistani likes this.
  11. Online

Passionate Pakistani

^^
    The problem was that only few cricistanis registered for the first season and not even half of them were active during games but hopefully enough cricistanis will join for season 2 and we can get rid of Pakistani players or limit the number of Pakistani players to only 3/4.
    Energy likes this.
  12. Offline

Mercenary

Ok Blues and Greens. We will allow you to choose the colour of your username if you win the CSL. All team members will have the same username colour.

Your captains will decide the username colour so talk to them about what colour you want. Obviously black and blue are not allowed as they are taken.
    iZeeshan likes this.
  13. Offline

Renaissance

So your name will no longer be black if we win?
  14. Offline

Mercenary

I didnt think of that, what do u think?
  15. Offline

iZeeshan

I actually kind of like international players, but maybe limit that to 1 or 2 per side. It can be like their superstar player or something.

Everything else has been great @Energy bro. Syed-ur-Rehman sim is a really good one out there, but apparently there are a lot more. I wonder if any of them are good?

Also @Energy, I got DOSBOX to work. I can help you out, but I don't really remember how lol
  16. Offline

Renaissance

It depends how long you will have the colour changed for... If its long then you should stay black, if its short then change the colour. However its up to you to decide.
  17. Offline

iZaman

Here is what is written in the "Read Me" of Syed-ur-Rahman Update.

I think this should solve your problem.
  18. Offline

chandtara

First of all a massive thank you to @Energy for his efforts. This has been a great addition to Cricistan and he has managed to bring over plenty of new faces to the site with it.
    This was the first seaon so we were bound to have a few hiccups here and there but overall in my eyes it has been a massive success. If we can somehow get more users involved in this it will become even better.
  19. Offline

Fawad

I joined the league at mid-season, but this has been a pretty good experience.

For future seasons, my humble suggestions ;-)

-More Teams please, 4 teams in the league just isn't enough competition. I realize that to have more teams, you need more players, read on.
    -Allow International players (not just Pakistanis).
    -I also prefer FC competition, T20s are just too dependent on luck (not saying this just because our team lost :p)
    -Enforce limitations on how many international players can play in a team at a time (I think 4 is perfect)

-Lastly, I wanna thank @Energy for not ruining the league like you-know-who :p but seriously, this sort of work requires a good chunk of your time, and we all appreciate your commitment.
    iZeeshan likes this.
  20. Offline

ASLI-PATHAN

@Energy salute to you for running such a successful event on CS for the first time.

Well in season 2 I will advise to go for FC & OD competitions using the Syed-ur-Rehman sim. As @Inswinger suggested we should go with contracts and that should be only known to Captain, Vice Captain & the Manager.

Secondly I would suggest to abolish "E" Contracts and just stick with A-D contracts.
  21. Offline

iZeeshan

Maybe we can also work out the kinks in the contracts to make the all-rounders more useful. I did not like the way the contracts were set up on PP.
  22. Online

Passionate Pakistani

I hope there is some serious restrictions on playing intl players in second edition. Its not even funny now.
    Afrid1 likes this.
  23. Offline

iZeeshan

What's wrong with international players man? I'd rather have more teams than no international players. But all Cricistanis should play, especially if they're active posters.
  24. Online

Passionate Pakistani

I think you are also active but didnt play :)
  25. Offline

iZeeshan

I know, I asked to be dropped. I mean, I'm going for 11 runs an over, why would I even want to play?
  26. Offline

Renaissance

Well done @Energy great work. Sorry if your hard work was ruined by me bickering a bit, but I do think that there should be a policy of 6 cricistanis as it was before.
  27. Offline

Inswinger

@Energy Could you please send messages to some of the active posters who have not yet joined to register for next season?
  28. Offline

iZaman

@Passionate Pakistani please do not bring up the International and cricistani player debates in every thread.
    You are coming across as a very bitter and annoying person. I thought you were a cool guy.

Anyway, this tournament was brilliant @Energy. I think nearly every thing has been said above by other posters but here are two suggestions.
    • You should acquire a helper because it would get hectic for you
    • We should give more time to active posters to sign up
    Besides that, Syed-ur-Rahman sim could be used. Do try the method, I mentioned above, of diagnosing the problem which you are facing.
  29. Offline

Energy

Will do it as soon as the plan for next season is out bro and will give them lots of time to register.
  30. Offline

Energy

@iZaman do you know of any other sim that does FCs? If yes, that would be extremely helpful as the syedur rehman is becoming pain to install.
  31. Offline

iZaman

Did you try out the DOSBOX solution which I posted above?
    It seems to solve the problem.
  32. Offline

iZeeshan

Not too much time though because then people sign up and forget :p

Also Energy, I have the sim working perfectly on my computer. All you have to do is put the cricsim folder in the DOSBox, Run dosbox, and then these 3 will be your first three commands

mount c */cricksim

c:

1daycric or testcric
    Energy likes this.
  33. Offline

Energy

@iZaman @iZeeshan do you know where the files get saved? I've got it to run but can't find the scorecard file? :eek:
  34. Offline

iZeeshan

They should be in the folder in the programs folder. But you have to specifically ask it to save.
  35. Offline

Inswinger

Exciting times ahead!
  36. Offline

Energy

Should teams be allowed to retain a certain number of cricistanis or everyone goes back in the pool?
  37. Offline

sully

hi guys, I'm interested in going season 2, let me know where i need to sign up.

Also Izeeshan dude maybe we can be in the same team again?
  38. Offline

Inswinger

I think teams should be allowed to retain 3 players. @Energy
  39. Online

Passionate Pakistani

I agree with @Inswinger each should be allowed to keep 3 players and reLease the rest of them.

Also if possible make it compulsary for captain and Vice Captain to play every game unless they are banned.
  40. Offline

iZaman

Agreed with @Inswinger but disagree with @Passionate Pakistani about making it necessary to play vice captain and captain.
    To maintain balance, a captain should always be allowed to drop any player.
    iZeeshan likes this.