Asif and Butt found guiity....Your reaction

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Bartlet4America, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Offline

Bartlet4America

Guilty!

Sent from samsung vibrant
  2. Offline

WaQaReD!

3. Offline

Bartlet4America

Part of me can't help but to feel sad. What tossers though!
  4. Offline

chandtara

More or less expected...will they be sent down now?
  5. Offline

WaQaReD!

i think Asif will get away with the 2nd charge as they didnt find any money on him but Salman is royally screwed, his career is as good as over
    Asif the same really, he has a long list of trangresssions this must be the final nail in the coffin for him
    Amir no idea what will happen to him

never seen such a huge voluntary waste of talent! Asif was no.2 ranked test bowler, Amir was a mega superstar in the making and Salman was a very talented opener. what a bunch of wombats
  6. Offline

Bartlet4America

Sentencing could be up to 9 years for butt and up to 7 years for Asif. I think they will also decide about amir in a couple of days.

Part of me wants to kick salman so hard for dragging Amir into this. Sure, Amir did it and should get punished and all but there is no way a kid into his first year of international cricket be corrupt like that without these senior bastards influence. Damn you #@%¿€«¥
  7. Offline

munirnadeem

You and I but I dont know what will happen to Amir as he has the similar type of issues which he has admitted guilty to.
  8. Offline

Bartlet4America

I think he'd get the similar punishment. Its up to the judge but looks like all 4 of them would be doing time.

9. Offline

munirnadeem

I was reading that he might have made an agreement with the court when he filed as guilty. He might be getting a smaller punishment then others.
  10. Offline

Bartlet4America

May be. We'll find out during the week. What a shame though. Disappointing thing about Amir was his attitude after all this had happened. He had ample chance of coming through clean but whoever was advising him screwed him royally in the end. He could have pleaded guilty a long before he actually did. Massive shame all around.

11. Offline

karachigirl

butt and asif r guilty

they both dragged themselves into this

and for those ppl who say butt influenced asif, it mite b true. but y would asif do it? cuz he was greedy. if butt told asif to jump off a cliff would he do it??
  12. Offline

Hasan

I am so happy. Justice done, for all who have only love and respect for their beloved Pakistan and the game. Its time that we start having zero tolerance for the corrupt. This country so talented that I am sure Amir would find it hard to get back into the team even after he comes back well after serving his sweet time.
  13. Offline

Markhor

The verdict is not particularly surprising, the defence case was weak and the phone transcripts were damning pieces of evidence. I hope the trio are kept under sustained pressure in the spotlight to set an example to any would-be or current fixers out there. Pakistan have always swept issue of fixing under the carpet.

I hope stiff sentences are dished out to act as a deterrent, however in a Pakistani court these two would have been acquitted due to lack of evidence or on a technicality so I am glad these trio were caught with their snouts in the trough in England, where there is accountability and where there is a fair trial, which the two have got with a jury which has not been given too thorough a background into this case to be as objective as possible. I read that Aamer's guilty plea was not revealed to the jury, which is an example of that.

I hope the people screaming conspiracy will shut up, or at least think and look at the details of the case before opening their mouths and accept that their idols are cheats with no morals or scruples at all. Already you have some brainless Pakistani fans saying it is all a conspiracy. No it isn't, the evidence is clearly there and it is up to them whether they would like to hoist their heads out of the sand that is blinding them to this corruption and see the blatant criminality that has been committed. As for the jailbirds, I hope they enjoy their cells, all that remains is for how long they will be rotting there.
  14. Offline

1137moiz

Wombats is right. I hope they do the punishment and learn the lessons but for all of them (except maybe Amir) the cricket career is effectively finished. Which is fair enough
  15. Offline

Bilal123

Hope Amir never returns. A dogs tail never straightens. Same thing with corrupt people. Asif was corrupt all through his career and Akhtar was also controversial. Non of them changed and Amir will also never change. We need to stop this cancer
  16. Offline

chandtara

They deserved what they had coming to them. You do the crime you do the time. Sad though as they were 3 very talented cricketers who could have helped Pakistan become a strong force in the game but we dont need crooks in our team no matter how talented they are. Again Pakistan cricket has been in the headlines for the wrong reasons, but Inshallah this will be the end of the matter now that they have been found guilty and we can lay this one to rest...Time to move on!
  17. Offline

1137moiz

I personally don't care whether Amir returns. I think Pakistan has enough fast bowling resources even to overcome the loss of the young chap.

I do feel mildly sorry for him and at least he confessed (way too late) but I just hope he becomes a better person from the experience. Like it or not Amir is still young and I can't help but slightly sympathize with him. Hopefully this experience will at least teach him to steer miles clear of corruption in future InshaAllah whether or not it's related to cricket.
  18. Offline

chandtara

Same here, Amir had his chance and was destined for big things. He was being praised left, right and centre by everyone. He threw away his oppurtunity. Not everyone has the honour of representing their country on the biggest stage. He let his country down bigtime.
    Crazy thing is he will still only be 23 when hes allowed to play again and we have cheema making an impressive debut in his 30's so is there a chance we will see him in the team again and most importantly would you as fans accept him representing pakistan again?
  19. Offline

1137moiz

If Amir serves a punishment and passes say an integrity committee (which is laughable for the PCB, but say from some other organization) and then proves himself all over again in FC cricket then and only then would I want to see him play for Pakistan. There is such a thing as redemption and it has to be remembered that no matter how heinous his crimes he was still very very young and impressionable. Therefore he has to do 3 things in my opinion: 1) he has to serve the time, 2) he has to prove that he's reformed and 3) he has to restart his cricket career from the FC circuit. It's a long way to go but if Amir does all that then I would consider him eligible
  20. Offline

Shahid Afridi rulez

How can you be so sure that Amir will never change?
  21. Offline

Passionate Pakistani

it doesnt matter now whether he will change or not coz ICC will make sure that he never play again, all the record and sms shows that aamir was more greedy than the other two

and btw this sold person hasnt even apologised to the nation yet, if he has little dignity he would have apologise to the nation before plieading gulity in uk court. what a pathetic moron
  22. Offline

Shahid Afridi rulez

If he hadn't had that dignity he wouldn't have pleaded guilty.

If he was the most greediest one he wouldn't have pleaded guilty.
  23. Offline

Passionate Pakistani

lol what a joke

he pleaded gulity coz he avoided furthur expenses and he knew it that he will still get convicted in court so no point of wasting money

now you tell me, did he apologise publicy to Pakistani people, have you seen in an ny news where he has apologised to the nation, no he didnt

you need to check his sms records with bookies AFTER police raid. he has even links other bookies as well and kept on messaging them evern after they were caught.
  24. Offline

khana

to me now our players are proven guilty. so we fans needs to apologize to whoever we are accusing of conspiracy. now it should be clear to us that this under seige mentality of ours blinded us completely and we cannot see whats in front of us. none of these players or anybody involve in such activities should ever selected. i don't care how talented or young that person maybe. that will be the detterent for the future players nothing else. if we forgive amir then there will be others who may think whats wrong in making few millions and then stay home for few years. our system didn't punish akram, waqar, mushtaq because they were talented and we are paying the price now. we will have talented players and even if we don't, maximum we will lose matches for a while. its better than having corrupt as heroes.
  25. Offline

Swinger

I want to know about the other fixers in the who weren't caught. Majeed claimed he "controlled" 7 Pak cricketers: Butt, Asif and Aamer, aswell as Wahab Riaz, Kamran and Umar Akmal and Imran Farhat.
    Granted his word isn't worth sh*t, but there still needs to be a thorough investigation into their roles aswell.
  26. Offline

Passionate Pakistani

iam quite sure over kamran akmal that he is also guilty, his name was almost used every single day in cout hearings..
  27. Offline

khana

every one even remotely involve should be thoroughly investigated
  28. Offline

lahori

I don't agree with the Jail sentence....I think that for a spot fix - there are people who committed far more violent and horrible crimes than what these three cricketers did who'll get less of a punishment!

Personally, I think the whole thing was a setup and the players were trapped and lined up. Entrapment as we know, is illegal and morally wrong. I wonder if the UK courts just took it as an opportunity to slam a few Pakistani's again. Lets face it. half of Pakistan would be in Jail if you put to them allegations of cheating,fraud or corruption against them so they really have no moral high ground against these players! Its there in daily life from the guy who dilutes the milk with water, to 'stretch' how much milk he can sell, to people having to pay others off to get a job!
  29. Offline

Omar

Exactly my dad's POV on this, that it was all a setup by NOTW as they (players 2 being the best 2 fast bowlers Pak produced in sometime) were just trapped and lurred into this thing with the big money shown to get them to do so. You've pretty much put it up nicely there Lahori!
  30. Offline

1137moiz

Yep it sure was entrapment BUT the three players took the bait so they deserve punishment. As for scumbags like the NOTW well we all know what eventual return they'll get InshaAllah for years of calumny and rabble rousing
  31. Offline

zeenix

As the saying goes, Khus kum Jahan paak.

I have been saying this all along. There are many other members or former members of the team which have been involved in match fixing. The funny thing is that the Board also knew about it all the time, but it let it linger on. In other boards, they silently drop the player suspected of ill-doings, but our board let other people do its job for it.
  32. Offline

Bartlet4America

Sentencing, it's coming up in about one hour. Reports suggest that Amir too might be present at the hearing today.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
  33. Offline

Bartlet4America

Just saw Amir arriving at the court, head bowed and all alone. Walked through 10s of desperate reporters.
  34. Offline

Passionate Pakistani

Keep updating bro

Thanks
  35. Offline

Bartlet4America

I suspect he'd have hearing right now in front of judge but without jury. Just heard his plea, read by a reporter and really seems like Prosecution might be trying to help Amir as much as they can.
  36. Offline

Bartlet4America

37. Offline

zeenix

As far as the news reports go, it seems that Amir was quite involved in this, and he isn't as innocent as he seems to be. He has had his share of shady deals
  38. Offline

Passionate Pakistani

Out of all three, only Aamir has direct links with indian bookies, proved via texts exchange
    So Aamir was one Step above others
  39. Offline

Bartlet4America

It did seem so until reporter read his plea just then where they say he was only involved in one test and that too because of pressure he was put under by captain and they threatened him that his career would end if he didn't do what they told him to do. That's the plea prosecution has accepted it would seem but who knows. We would know more after this hearing right now.

40. Offline

Bartlet4America

Asif is just arriving at the court.